CSNbbs
CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! (/thread-698817.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - Underdog - 08-17-2014 08:44 PM

I was watching the program yesterday, and the analysts picked the toughest power conference. However, there were only four listed: the SEC, PAC 12, Big 10, and Big 12. The SEC was unanimously voted the toughest while the PAC 12 was voted second. When it came to the ACC, one analyst said the ACC has the best team in the country (FSU), Clemson, and…. Everyone on the panel started laughing. He was the only analyst to even mention the ACC!

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - ark30inf - 08-17-2014 08:47 PM

(08-17-2014 08:44 PM)Underdog Wrote:  I was watching the program yesterday, and the analysts picked the toughest power conference. However, there were only four listed: the SEC, PAC 12, Big 10, and Big 12. The SEC was unanimously voted the toughest while the PAC 12 was voted second. When it came to the ACC, one analyst said the ACC has the best team in the country (FSU), Clemson, and…. Everyone on the panel started laughing. He was the only analyst to even mention the ACC!

You mean the current National Champion ACC?

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - rednblackattack - 08-17-2014 08:53 PM

No 'Murican? 03-lmfao

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - Underdog - 08-17-2014 08:56 PM

(08-17-2014 08:47 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(08-17-2014 08:44 PM)Underdog Wrote:  I was watching the program yesterday, and the analysts picked the toughest power conference. However, there were only four listed: the SEC, PAC 12, Big 10, and Big 12. The SEC was unanimously voted the toughest while the PAC 12 was voted second. When it came to the ACC, one analyst said the ACC has the best team in the country (FSU), Clemson, and…. Everyone on the panel started laughing. He was the only analyst to even mention the ACC!

That was mentioned by the only analyst that brought up the ACC. His exact words, "I know the ACC people will say all we have is the National Championship. You have the best team in the country, but that doesn't make you the best conference; Clemson, and then...." You then hear another analyst say “cricket… cricket…” while everyone is laughing.

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - Carolina_Low_Country - 08-17-2014 09:02 PM

Big Time Football Programs
PAC
USC

XII
Texas
Oklahoma

ACC
Clemson
Florida State

B1G
Nebraska
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
LSU
Texas A&M

Notre Dame

I just do not see the ACC on par with the SEC or the B1G. More on the lines of the PAC and XII. A lot of middle tier programs with decent drawings but only one or two large dominant programs through out history. Notre Dame helps but they are not a full football member yet. If the ACC or PAC want to get on the B1G or SEC level they need to get Texas and Oklahoma.

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - rednblackattack - 08-17-2014 09:05 PM

(08-17-2014 09:02 PM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  Big Time Football Programs
PAC
USC

XII
Texas
Oklahoma

ACC
Clemson
Florida State

B1G
Nebraska
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
LSU
Texas A&M

Notre Dame

I just do not see the ACC on par with the SEC or the B1G. More on the lines of the PAC and XII. A lot of middle tier programs with decent drawings but only one or two large dominant programs through out history. Notre Dame helps but they are not a full football member yet. If the ACC or PAC want to get on the B1G or SEC level they need to get Texas and Oklahoma.

If you list schools like Tennessee and Texas A&M you have to mention Miami and Virginia Tech from the ACC. Why should UT be on that list but no mention of those schools?

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - ark30inf - 08-17-2014 09:07 PM

(08-17-2014 08:56 PM)Underdog Wrote:  

That was mentioned by the only analyst that brought up the ACC. His exact words, "I know the ACC people will say all we have is the National Championship. You have the best team in the country, but that doesn't make you the best conference; Clemson, and then...." You then hear another analyst say “cricket… cricket…” while everyone is laughing.

1) I'm not an ACC people
2) Nobody is suggesting the ACC is the best conference...just that they don't deserve to be laughed at. Current National Champion is probably good enough for that purpose.
3) They are idiots.

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - Underdog - 08-17-2014 09:15 PM

(08-17-2014 09:07 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

1) I'm not an ACC people
2) Nobody is suggesting the ACC is the best conference...just that they don't deserve to be laughed at. Current National Champion is probably good enough for that purpose.
3) They are idiots.

You're acting like I was the host of the show.... I was just as surprised as you about a conference getting mocked and snubbed on national TV that has the current National Champion. I was also surprised that Louisville's entrance into the conference was not considered....

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - ark30inf - 08-17-2014 09:27 PM

(08-17-2014 09:15 PM)Underdog Wrote:  
(08-17-2014 09:07 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

1) I'm not an ACC people
3) They are idiots.

You're acting like I was the host of the show.

You are acting like what I was saying was aimed at you. I was making fun of their points.

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - Hokie Mark - 08-17-2014 09:35 PM

My first thought when I saw it was indignation - they disrespected my team's conference!

But honestly, the ACC needs to feel disrespected to keep feeding that circle-the-wagons mentality it has (finally) started to show after the lost decade (2002-2011). Maybe that chip on the shoulder can get even bigger!

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - hawghiggs - 08-17-2014 09:39 PM

PAC
USC

XII
Texas
Oklahoma

ACC
Clemson
Florida State

B1G
Nebraska
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
LSU
Texas A&M

Notre Dame

Your list sucks.

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - jaredf29 - 08-17-2014 10:11 PM

PAC
USC

XII
Texas
Oklahoma

ACC
Clemson
Florida State

B1G
Nebraska
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
LSU
Texas A&M

Notre Dame

Forgot Oregon.

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - He1nousOne - 08-17-2014 10:16 PM

(08-17-2014 09:35 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  My first thought when I saw it was indignation - they disrespected my team's conference!

But honestly, the ACC needs to feel disrespected to keep feeding that circle-the-wagons mentality it has (finally) started to show after the lost decade (2002-2011). Maybe that chip on the shoulder can get even bigger!

Now you see why I like all the Big Ten hatred, why I fuel it. 07-coffee3

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - DexterDevil - 08-17-2014 10:18 PM

PAC
USC
Oregon

XII
Texas
Oklahoma

ACC
Clemson
Florida State

B1G
Nebraska
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
LSU
Texas A&M

Notre Dame

Sparty and Wisky just recently became successful, I doubt many would list either as Big Time just yet, and the PAC has Oregon (Stanford too if you wish to include schools like Sparty)

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - bullet - 08-17-2014 10:23 PM

(08-17-2014 09:39 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  
PAC
USC

XII
Texas
Oklahoma

ACC
Clemson
Florida State

B1G
Nebraska
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
LSU
Texas A&M

Notre Dame

Your list sucks.

Clemson, Wisconsin, Michigan St. and Texas A&M are not "big time" college football programs unless you add about a dozen more programs to that list starting with Miami (FL). Most of those dozen would be Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC schools.

Those 4 schools have a combined 3 appearances in the final AP top 5 going back to 1968. Clemson won in 1981 (which I believe is their only appearance in the final top 5), Wisconsin was 4th in 1999 and Michigan St. was 3rd last year.

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - TerryD - 08-18-2014 06:42 AM

I have never really figured out in my life these two things:

1) Why people watch or listen to sports talk shows and "analysts"?

2) Why people give a damn what these jackholes ever say about anything?

It is truly a deep mystery to me. Isn't it all just "white noise", anyway? They are often wrong and just say crap to be controversial so people will tune in.

They are similar to politicians who say things to get attention but mostly don't even believe in what they are saying.

Neither group ever changes my mind or opinion about anything, anyway. Why listen? It is just a one way conversation, at best.

I just recently cancelled my Sirius account because I never use it since I stream music in my car via Pandora and bluetooth.

I never tune in to AM or FM radio. If I turned any of them on the last thing I would want to hear is any talk show.

I have DirecTV but never watch ESPN or any other "sports and entertainment network" unless I am watching actual game action.

Nothing really counts except what happens on the field. Who cares what some ex-coach or ex-jock or some "sports journalist" says about anything?

I never know what any of them say unless I read it on a message board because I never watch any of their "shows".

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - Lurker Above - 08-18-2014 07:32 AM

(08-18-2014 06:42 AM)TerryD Wrote:  I have never really figured out in my life these two things:

It is truly a deep mystery to me. Isn't it all just "white noise", anyway? They are often wrong and just say crap to be controversial so people will tune in.

They are similar to politicians who say things to get attention but mostly don't even believe in what they are saying.

Neither group ever changes my mind or opinion about anything, anyway. Why listen? It is just a one way conversation, at best.

I just recently cancelled my Sirius account because I never use it since I stream music in my car via Pandora and bluetooth.

I never tune in to AM or FM radio. If I turned any of them on the last thing I would want to hear is any talk show.

I have DirecTV but never watch ESPN or any other "sports and entertainment network" unless I am watching actual game action.

Nothing really counts except what happens on the field. Who cares what some ex-coach or ex-jock or some "sports journalist" says about anything?

I never know what any of them say unless I read it on a message board because I never watch any of their "shows".

You've spent 2 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 1 Hour, 43 Minutes, 13 Seconds of your life on this message board reading posts written by fans? Is that better?

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - cardshouse - 08-18-2014 07:53 AM

They mad. The OP went out of his way to prove it.

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - TerryD - 08-18-2014 07:57 AM

(08-18-2014 07:32 AM)Lurker Above Wrote:  
(08-18-2014 06:42 AM)TerryD Wrote:  I have never really figured out in my life these two things:

You've spent 2 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 1 Hour, 43 Minutes, 13 Seconds of your life on this message board reading posts written by fans? Is that better?

Sure, I can respond to and debate posters, not just sit there and listen to some ******* drone on.

Point/counterpoint. That was my point about "one way conversations". A two way conversation is a debate. A one way conversation is just an unchallenged (and perhaps biased and uninformed) opinion.

Did you highlight that comment of mine above? I am a lawyer. I like to debate people.

Besides, the topics are more interesting here and some posters here may be more intelligent than most of the "analysts".

Finally, I get on message boards and read/respond to posts much quicker and in less time than you give me credit for. That takes much less time than sitting in front of the TV or listening on the radio to these jackasses pontificate endlessly.

RE: CBS’ “Inside College Football” Disses the ACC! - Rabonchild - 08-18-2014 08:27 AM

And both people watching the program laughed with them.