CSNbbs
OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (/thread-698736.html)

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - VA49er - 08-16-2015 07:48 AM

(08-15-2015 09:44 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(08-15-2015 04:25 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(08-13-2015 03:05 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  NBC's "Premier League Download" this week is Jack to a King: The Swansea Story. It's been divided into 2 parts for the next two weeks.

Worth watching if you don't know the club's history, how we went from being sold for 1 English pound to the Premier League in 8 years.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I watched the first half on TV and then found the second half online. Incredible story and I think I have found my EPL team to support.

Have you seen their kit reveal video? I think it's in this thread somewhere. That video alone made me decide to jump on the Swansea City bandwagon.

I have. Not a big fan of the home kit though. Guess I'll have to get used to it.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - DowdyPirate - 08-16-2015 07:53 AM

I guess you take the draw there, but we shouldve really won. Should've been 3-1 up at Half if we just finished

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - PurpleReigns - 08-16-2015 09:27 AM

BearcatMan and zyxwvutsru nailed the Gunners gunning down the Palace 2-1.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - PurpleReigns - 08-16-2015 10:32 AM

oliveandblue nailed Wolfsburg eating Frankfurt 2-1.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - DefCONNOne - 08-16-2015 10:58 AM

(08-16-2015 07:48 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(08-13-2015 03:05 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  NBC's "Premier League Download" this week is Jack to a King: The Swansea Story. It's been divided into 2 parts for the next two weeks.

Worth watching if you don't know the club's history, how we went from being sold for 1 English pound to the Premier League in 8 years.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I watched the first half on TV and then found the second half online. Incredible story and I think I have found my EPL team to support.

Have you seen their kit reveal video? I think it's in this thread somewhere. That video alone made me decide to jump on the Swansea City bandwagon.

I have. Not a big fan of the home kit though. Guess I'll have to get used to it.

I'm talking about the over the top setup to such a plain kit reveal. I mean, if you're going over the top for THAT, I can't help but to get on the bandwagon.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 08-16-2015 11:59 AM

They ran a short version of that video like 4 times during Jack to a King Part 1 yesterday. I'm not going to understand the excitement of the color stripe we use on our home white, but to the Welsh, that's a big deal.

Swansea was huge in the copper mining industry in the 80's. Once they had mined most of what was available in the area, town almost went bankrupt. That entire area has had to survive.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 08-16-2015 12:01 PM

Hey now, the Home white is Classic. They've been wearing that color at home since the club started long before any of us were even born. They won't ever change it.

Since so few PL teams wear white at home, we don't have to wear our road jersey's as often. That's always nice.

As for the film, it does a very good job explaining why the club is the way it is. The 2nd part for those who are waiting till next Saturday spends a lot more time building our style of play through Roberto Martinez, which came when we were in League One. Essentially, the club was saved by its fans.

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - PurpleReigns - 08-16-2015 01:35 PM

Roberto Martinez the EPL's Skip Holtz?

Good job (Swansea/ECU) - Bad Job (Wigan/USF) - Good Job (Everton/LaTech)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 08-16-2015 04:02 PM

(08-16-2015 01:35 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Roberto Martinez the EPL's Skip Holtz?

Good job (Swansea/ECU) - Bad Job (Wigan/USF) - Good Job (Everton/LaTech)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Considering Wigan is sitting in League 1 right now, my guess is there are some things going on there that is not his fault.

Though most Swansea fans hope he fails at Everton honestly. When he left, and it's sort of discussed in the documentary, he basically implied that he wasn't sure Swansea could get into the Premier League, much less stay in the league. A lot of bitter feelings remain from that.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - FastTheo - 08-16-2015 04:52 PM

Pleasantly surprised by BVB on Saturday. 4-0 against last season's #3 team is a great start. As for the championship, Anyone But Bayern!

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - VA49er - 08-16-2015 05:34 PM

(08-16-2015 12:01 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Hey now, the Home white is Classic. They've been wearing that color at home since the club started long before any of us were even born. They won't ever change it.

Since so few PL teams wear white at home, we don't have to wear our road jersey's as often. That's always nice.

As for the film, it does a very good job explaining why the club is the way it is. The 2nd part for those who are waiting till next Saturday spends a lot more time building our style of play through Roberto Martinez, which came when we were in League One. Essentially, the club was saved by its fans.

I like the white and the Swansea logo. The "24h.hk GWFX" I had to google to find out who the heck the sponsors are. As far as the film, I like the first part the best as the second seemed a little rushed. At times I couldn't really tell what league the team was in at that particular time. Overal though, great story and good film. It sold me on Swansea City, well that and my last name being of Welsh origin.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - PurpleReigns - 08-16-2015 06:46 PM

STANDINGS AFTER BUNDESLIGA MATCHWEEK 1

oliveandblue...........17
chiefsfan................13
Tigerfan21..............12
PurpleRegins 2012...12
bearcatfan1211.......11
GrayBeard.............11
fsquid...................10
Kronke..................9
zyxwvutsru............9
DowdyPirate...........8
BearcatMan............8
tigerjeb.................6 (Did not pick Bundesliga this week so he got half of the average)

The average point total this week was 11, thus anyone who joins after this week will have their week 1 point total as 6.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - PurpleReigns - 08-16-2015 06:48 PM

EPL standings, overall standings, and next weekend's slate coming tomorrow after the Liverpool/Bournemouth match.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 08-16-2015 07:27 PM

What we learned this week:

Bearcatman does not watch German soccer.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - DowdyPirate - 08-16-2015 08:03 PM

Im counting 10 for me

Man U- 1
Watford/Bromwich- 2
Swans-3
Arsenal-4
Arsenal Goals-5
Bayern-6
Hertha-7
Schalke-8
Bayer Goals-9
Wolfsburg-10

Also are we not doing LPool-Bournemouth?

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Kronke - 08-16-2015 08:07 PM

(08-16-2015 08:03 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Im counting 10 for me

Man U- 1
Watford/Bromwich- 2
Swans-3
Arsenal-4
Arsenal Goals-5
Bayern-6
Hertha-7
Schalke-8
Bayer Goals-9
Wolfsburg-10

All he has updated is the Bundesliga, but that it not how the scoring system works.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - DowdyPirate - 08-16-2015 08:40 PM

(08-16-2015 08:07 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(08-16-2015 08:03 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Im counting 10 for me

Man U- 1
Watford/Bromwich- 2
Swans-3
Arsenal-4
Arsenal Goals-5
Bayern-6
Hertha-7
Schalke-8
Bayer Goals-9
Wolfsburg-10

All he has updated is the Bundesliga, but that it not how the scoring system works.
That's how he's doing it go read it

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Kronke - 08-16-2015 08:47 PM

Read what? So, getting the right number of goals for a team is worth the same as predicting the correct result? LOL. BearcatMan, is that the same way you did it?

Irregardless, he said he's only updated the Bundesliga since the EPL week isn't over yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - DowdyPirate - 08-16-2015 08:51 PM

(08-16-2015 08:47 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Read what? So, getting the right number of goals for a team is worth the same as predicting the correct result? LOL. BearcatMan, is that the same way you did it?

Irregardless, he said he's only updated the Bundesliga since the EPL week isn't over yet.

The post that has the scoring system on it. I hope you don't have to be walkthroughed like this in the workplace, or you better start lining up some applications

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Kronke - 08-16-2015 08:53 PM

(08-16-2015 08:51 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  
(08-16-2015 08:47 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Read what? So, getting the right number of goals for a team is worth the same as predicting the correct result? LOL. BearcatMan, is that the same way you did it?

The post that has the scoring system on it. I hope you don't have to be walkthroughed like this in the workplace, or you better start lining up some applications

"Walkthroughed" -- nice word. That ECU edumacation, though. I'm not going to go comb through pages of this thread to find the scoring system, I was always just under the impression that he was going to pick up where BearcatMan left off under the same format.

You're the genius that is counting up your points for Arsenal, Man U, etc., whenever he distinctly said,

(08-16-2015 06:48 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  STANDINGS AFTER BUNDESLIGA MATCHWEEK 1

EPL standings, overall standings, and next weekend's slate coming tomorrow after the Liverpool/Bournemouth match.