CSNbbs
OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (/thread-698736.html)

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 06-29-2015 10:36 AM

(06-29-2015 10:08 AM)fsquid Wrote:  West Ham United's season will start on Thursday in the Europa League. Will be really interesting to see if this wears them down. They are playing a team from Andorra and won't play a friendly beforehand. I'm sure the team from Andorra is like "really?"

I'm sure this team from Andorra would've lost to my high school team lol

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - fsquid - 06-29-2015 11:28 AM

no doubt, but usually the team from Andorra would be playing a team from another small country. Instead, you get a team from London.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Tigerfan21 - 06-29-2015 11:33 AM

Paulinho sold to a club in China for 14Million. Only surprising part is that we got that much for him, as he has not played much under Ponchetino (no idea how to spell his name). Hope to see some better defenders sign with Spurs this transfer window.

Spurs have a friendly on July 18th, then they play the MLS All-Stars after that.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 06-29-2015 11:38 AM

(06-29-2015 11:28 AM)fsquid Wrote:  no doubt, but usually the team from Andorra would be playing a team from another small country. Instead, you get a team from London.

Hooray! I thought they were supposed to be playing up in the Faroe Islands originally, what happened? Did the team not catch their quota of lutefish?

Unrelated, but how about Cech jumping to Arsenal

Biggest moves on the horizon that actually look like they'll happen, Vidal to Arsenal, Turan to Chelsea, and Sergio Ramos to City. Most outlandish one...Benteke to Liverpool for Borini and £15M

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Volkmar - 06-29-2015 12:15 PM

(06-27-2015 07:36 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(06-27-2015 01:57 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(06-27-2015 07:00 AM)VA49er Wrote:  If you missed the Argentina vs Colombia match you missed the best 0-0 match I've ever seen and also a tremendous goalkeeping display by Colombia's Ospina. Argentina won 5-4 on penalty kicks. Tevez, who did not want to take that penalty shot (he missed one in 2011 that knocked Argentina out of the Copa) gained redemption for knocking this one in the back of the net. Most tense match I've seen in a while with at least 6 yellow cards and could have been more plus a few reds. Now, if Brazil and get past Paraguay we'll have Argentina vs Brazil.

That incredible performance by Ospina was all for naught because his teammates can't even place a PK on target. Argentina had the run of the game to be sure, but I was really hoping for an upset.

I agree. Such a waste of a great goalkeeping performance. I think a couple of those kicks are in orbit.

[Image: Mou-ramos.gif]

The Colombian players blamed the turf but Ray Hudson said it best, "He tried to blame the ground, but those that cannot dance blame the DJ"

Lol yeah, I got a kick out of them looking at that spot as if the turf caused 'em to miss...the exact same spot everyone else took their shots from, and after they spent some time placing it in just the right location and flattening the turf around it. Do they really think people are that gullible?

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Kronke - 06-29-2015 02:50 PM

(06-29-2015 11:38 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(06-29-2015 11:28 AM)fsquid Wrote:  no doubt, but usually the team from Andorra would be playing a team from another small country. Instead, you get a team from London.

Hooray! I thought they were supposed to be playing up in the Faroe Islands originally, what happened? Did the team not catch their quota of lutefish?

Biggest moves on the horizon that actually look like they'll happen, Vidal to Arsenal, Turan to Chelsea, and Sergio Ramos to City. Most outlandish one...Benteke to Liverpool for Borini and £15M

No interest in Benteke whatsoever.

It baffles me how clueless Rodgers continues to be regarding a striker. He bases his style of play around a Barca-style, pass and move, poetry in motion, tra la la la, etc., then buys Balotelli, a lazy target man, Lambert, a lazy target man, and is now targeting Benteke, you guessed it, a lazy target man.

Benteke must undoubtedly have great character.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 06-29-2015 03:37 PM

(06-29-2015 02:50 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

No interest in Benteke whatsoever.

It baffles me how clueless Rodgers continues to be regarding a striker. He bases his style of play around a Barca-style, pass and move, poetry in motion, tra la la la, etc., then buys Balotelli, a lazy target man, Lambert, a lazy target man, and is now targeting Benteke, you guessed it, a lazy target man.

Benteke must undoubtedly have great character.

I think his selection of strikers is wholly dependent on if they are taller than him. He'd buy Lacina Traore twice, once for the height and inability to move and a second time because he has a mohawk.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - VA49er - 06-29-2015 03:39 PM

You think Ramos is actually going to leave Real Madrid? I was thinking he was just bargaining for more money. He's RM through and through. I can see why they let Angel Di Maria leave after he demanded more money, but figured they would come to terms with Ramos given his status with the club.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 06-29-2015 03:58 PM

(06-29-2015 03:39 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

You think Ramos is actually going to leave Real Madrid? I was thinking he was just bargaining for more money. He's RM through and through. I can see why they let Angel Di Maria leave after he demanded more money, but figured they would come to terms with Ramos given his status with the club.

I think there is always a chance when money is involved. The thing Real have going for them is they've got Varane waiting in the wings and they'll make £30M on the deal to use getting someone else to backfill.

In other news, it looks like Ferrara Carrasco from Monaco is getting seriously pursued by Tottenham, to the tune of £15M, to replace Lamela.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 06-29-2015 07:25 PM

In some potential USMNT news. Swansea has had a lot of scouts watching NYRB recently. Rumor is that we're trying to convince them to part ways with Matt Miazga. He's 19, so certainly not starting material, but we need a 4th choice/U21/Cup level central defender behind Ashley Williams, Federico Fernandez, and Jordi Amat. Probably a starting spot open for shortly down the road. Williams is in his 30's, and Fernandez will get a better offer if he has another year like last year.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 06-29-2015 07:35 PM

(06-29-2015 10:08 AM)fsquid Wrote:  West Ham United's season will start on Thursday in the Europa League. Will be really interesting to see if this wears them down. They are playing a team from Andorra and won't play a friendly beforehand. I'm sure the team from Andorra is like "really?"

Yes, they have talked about playing the "Millionaire side" a few times. Mostly it's disbelief that they got that sort of bad luck on the draw.

Of course, wait till West Ham get a load of that pitch quality in Andorra. Probably not your ideal opening match of the season there.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - VA49er - 06-30-2015 07:00 AM

Chile 2 Peru 1

Hard to beat a team like Chili when you go down a man that quickly. lol

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - VA49er - 06-30-2015 07:03 AM

(06-29-2015 03:58 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

I think there is always a chance when money is involved. The thing Real have going for them is they've got Varane waiting in the wings and they'll make £30M on the deal to use getting someone else to backfill.

In other news, it looks like Ferrara Carrasco from Monaco is getting seriously pursued by Tottenham, to the tune of £15M, to replace Lamela.

I wonder if Man U, who wants Ramos, will leverage David de Gea, who Real wants, in a deal? If Man U offers de Gea and lots of $$$, Real would be crazy to turn it down.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 06-30-2015 09:38 AM

(06-30-2015 07:03 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(06-29-2015 03:58 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

I wonder if Man U, who wants Ramos, will leverage David de Gea, who Real wants, in a deal? If Man U offers de Gea and lots of $$$, Real would be crazy to turn it down.

They would be crazy, because I think there is an argument to be had that a straight DeGea-Ramos swap would be level value without any other money changing hands. I think you could see DeGea+£7m for Ramos accepted if it were on the table, but I don't know if Real would effectively value De Gea at £23m.

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - CalallenStang - 06-30-2015 10:30 AM

(06-29-2015 07:25 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  In some potential USMNT news. Swansea has had a lot of scouts watching NYRB recently. Rumor is that we're trying to convince them to part ways with Matt Miazga. He's 19, so certainly not starting material, but we need a 4th choice/U21/Cup level central defender behind Ashley Williams, Federico Fernandez, and Jordi Amat. Probably a starting spot open for shortly down the road. Williams is in his 30's, and Fernandez will get a better offer if he has another year like last year.

Double that word "potential," as Miazga certainly could factor in to the USMNT picture in a few years, but he is also eligible to play for Poland..

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - VA49er - 06-30-2015 10:53 AM

It's going to be great night for soccer with the USNT facing off against Germany in the WC and Argentian going against Paraguay as well. Actually, I think both matches will be going on at the same time so there will be some serious channel flipping between the two. Obviously pulling for the US and, now that Peru has been eliminated, will pull for Argentina so Messi can finally get his first trophy on the national level.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 06-30-2015 12:20 PM

(06-30-2015 10:30 AM)CalallenStang Wrote:  
(06-29-2015 07:25 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  In some potential USMNT news. Swansea has had a lot of scouts watching NYRB recently. Rumor is that we're trying to convince them to part ways with Matt Miazga. He's 19, so certainly not starting material, but we need a 4th choice/U21/Cup level central defender behind Ashley Williams, Federico Fernandez, and Jordi Amat. Probably a starting spot open for shortly down the road. Williams is in his 30's, and Fernandez will get a better offer if he has another year like last year.

Double that word "potential," as Miazga certainly could factor in to the USMNT picture in a few years, but he is also eligible to play for Poland..

Miazga will be a USMNT player in the future, no worries there. He'll also be one heck of a player if he is given the opportunity to grow. Honestly, he's another player I would not want going to the EPL at this point. He's already a 1st-teamer and getting significant playing time, I'd only want to see him go somewhere in Europe where he can continue getting time (The Championship, Eriedivisie, Belgian League)

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 06-30-2015 12:28 PM

(06-30-2015 12:20 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(06-30-2015 10:30 AM)CalallenStang Wrote:  

Miazga will be a USMNT player in the future, no worries there. He'll also be one heck of a player if he is given the opportunity to grow. Honestly, he's another player I would not want going to the EPL at this point. He's already a 1st-teamer and getting significant playing time, I'd only want to see him go somewhere in Europe where he can continue getting time (The Championship, Eriedivisie, Belgian League)

I've heard that is part of the plan. Sign him to a contract, give him some time to see if he can Earn his way into the squad this year, and if he can't, loan him out to a Championship club.

That seems to be how we prefer to develop. We loaned out 5 or 6 players on half season loans last year...bringing them back whenever a slot opened up here.

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - PurpleReigns - 06-30-2015 02:01 PM

Dos Santos possibly moving to LA Galaxy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 06-30-2015 05:25 PM

Sepp Blatter will not be in Canada to present the Trophy to the World Cup Winners on Sunday. He is citing "Personal reasons" Which is really just code for he doesn't want to find two FBI agents waiting at the airport for him.