CSNbbs
OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (/thread-698736.html)

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - aTxTIGER - 08-25-2014 08:34 PM

As far as Mingolet, he is what he is. A top 10 keeper in the league that makes mistakes from time to time. He'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - aTxTIGER - 08-25-2014 08:37 PM

You should start Allen against us. He does play well against us. Of course he hasn't played against the Bentaleb/Capoue center midfield so maybe it was just a good matchup for him in the past. We'll see.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - Kronke - 08-25-2014 08:52 PM

(08-25-2014 08:32 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Just watched the Man City-Pool game. Liverpool looked great until that first goal. After that it was Man City's game. Hard to judge Liverpool from this game. You weren't coming away with 3 pts there anyway. The only things that might cause concern are the lack of killer instinct when dominating that 1st 40 minutes and shrinking a bit after the 1st goal. If Mario keeps his head straight the first issue should be solved.

Still, y'all should be fine. Maybe not title contenders yet but solidly in the hunt for the top 4. After losing someone like Suarez that's a good place to be.

Agreed. We're obviously not as good as Chelsea or City, and will drop points in the first few months as the new players settle. So, despite all the money spent, I don't think the title is a realistic goal this season. I'd take top 4 and a respectable CL campaign.

The battle for top 4 will be awesome. Everton and Spurs are closer than they were last year. Man Utd is still a LOLfest, but you know they'll keep spending until they get it right.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - Kronke - 08-25-2014 08:53 PM

(08-25-2014 08:27 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Giroud getting hurt now might be a godsend for them if they spend some money this week. They needed one more striker anyway

Yeah, but who's out there? Remy? Is he better than Giroud? No, and they needed someone else on top of Giroud. Falcao? Get real. Cavani? Same. They (their fans, at least) wanted Balotelli bad. Jackson Martinez maybe?

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - aTxTIGER - 08-25-2014 08:58 PM

(08-25-2014 08:53 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(08-25-2014 08:27 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Giroud getting hurt now might be a godsend for them if they spend some money this week. They needed one more striker anyway

Yeah, but who's out there? Remy? Is he better than Giroud? No, and they needed someone else on top of Giroud. Falcao? Get real. Cavani? Same. They (their fans, at least) wanted Balotelli bad. Jackson Martinez maybe?

The thing about Arsenal is that pull **** off no one expects when they need. Everyone thought Giroud was going to PSG until they swooped in.

I fully expect them to get someone. They have the money and the best scouts in the EPL.

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - aTxTIGER - 08-25-2014 09:00 PM

(08-25-2014 08:52 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(08-25-2014 08:32 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Just watched the Man City-Pool game. Liverpool looked great until that first goal. After that it was Man City's game. Hard to judge Liverpool from this game. You weren't coming away with 3 pts there anyway. The only things that might cause concern are the lack of killer instinct when dominating that 1st 40 minutes and shrinking a bit after the 1st goal. If Mario keeps his head straight the first issue should be solved.

Still, y'all should be fine. Maybe not title contenders yet but solidly in the hunt for the top 4. After losing someone like Suarez that's a good place to be.

Agreed. We're obviously not as good as Chelsea or City, and will drop points in the first few months as the new players settle. So, despite all the money spent, I don't think the title is a realistic goal this season. I'd take top 4 and a respectable CL campaign.

The battle for top 4 will be awesome. Everton and Spurs are closer than they were last year. Man Utd is still a LOLfest, but you know they'll keep spending until they get it right.

I think our game next week will show a lot about where our teams are. I fully expect to lose next week. I liked how we've looked since Naughton was sent off against West Ham however I believe nothing until we prove ourselves against high level competition.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - bearcatmark - 08-26-2014 08:27 AM

My general point was as good as Liverpool looked before the first goal and even at times after they had really solid build up in the mid field, they had very few real scoring opportunities. I'm not saying they don't figure it out, but to me that was the clear area where they missed Suarez. Suarez missed 5 games and still had 361 more touches in the final third than any other forward (over 1400 touches). He more than doubled Sturridge's final 3rd touches. His passing created 87 scoring chances, 31 more than any other forward in the league (Sturridge by comparison created 29). I just don't see how you could watch the first two games and believe they are not missing Suarez in the final third. The buildup is there, but the scoring opportunities have not been.

That does not mean Liverpool won't compete for top 4 and cannot be a top flight team by the end. They need the back end (generously a work in progress right now) to play at a high level and will need to figure out how to create scoring chances without Suarez. From the way they can control the ball and move it around you can see a lot of what made Liverpool so dynamic last season, but the scoring chances are not there. I hope Ballotelli can add that extra dynamic and that some of the other guys figure out what it takes to create real scoring chances.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - aTxTIGER - 08-26-2014 09:28 AM

(08-26-2014 08:27 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  My general point was as good as Liverpool looked before the first goal and even at times after they had really solid build up in the mid field, they had very few real scoring opportunities. I'm not saying they don't figure it out, but to me that was the clear area where they missed Suarez. Suarez missed 5 games and still had 361 more touches in the final third than any other forward (over 1400 touches). He more than doubled Sturridge's final 3rd touches. His passing created 87 scoring chances, 31 more than any other forward in the league (Sturridge by comparison created 29). I just don't see how you could watch the first two games and believe they are not missing Suarez in the final third. The buildup is there, but the scoring opportunities have not been.

That does not mean Liverpool won't compete for top 4 and cannot be a top flight team by the end. They need the back end (generously a work in progress right now) to play at a high level and will need to figure out how to create scoring chances without Suarez. From the way they can control the ball and move it around you can see a lot of what made Liverpool so dynamic last season, but the scoring chances are not there. I hope Ballotelli can add that extra dynamic and that some of the other guys figure out what it takes to create real scoring chances.

yup. The most important thing that Suarez created was space for everyone else. More important than the goals or assists. That space allowed everyone else to operate at a level that most in that squad had never reached. Can they still find that space without Suarez? Can Mario create it?

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - ShockerBob - 08-26-2014 10:44 AM

Hopefully Mario can create it. He'll play naturally behind Sturridge and gives that unpredictability in a way that Luis did.

What Mario does though is hit mega golazo's from outside the box. Something we need.

BTW - Cavani being linked with Arsenal.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - ShockerBob - 08-26-2014 10:45 AM

Back to Liverpool - we didn't gel last year until December. That was even with Suarez. Arsenal totally dominated us at the Emirates early on.

We were totally different 2nd half of the season.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - Tigerfan21 - 08-26-2014 01:32 PM

Michael Dawson sold to Hull City. Rumor is that Spurs are after Federico Fazio from Sevilla, and had to sell Dawson to make room.

Also read some rumors that Andros Townsend, and Holtby, and Soldado could be sold before the deadline. Only one I would miss would be Townsend, but the midfield Spurs have, he might not be playing much.

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - PurpleReigns - 08-26-2014 02:53 PM

http://www.espnfc.com/everton/story/2004316/everton-announce-samuel-etoo-deal

Also ManUre can't even compete with a lower level team...lololol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - logan5 - 08-26-2014 03:18 PM

Wow Man United are really defining losing.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - aTxTIGER - 08-26-2014 03:23 PM

(08-26-2014 01:32 PM)Tigerfan21 Wrote:  Michael Dawson sold to Hull City. Rumor is that Spurs are after Federico Fazio from Sevilla, and had to sell Dawson to make room.

Also read some rumors that Andros Townsend, and Holtby, and Soldado could be sold before the deadline. Only one I would miss would be Townsend, but the midfield Spurs have, he might not be playing much.

Looks like Townsend will only go as a makeweight for Schneiderlin.

Also doubt that Soldado goes unless we bring in another striker. No way we go with just 2.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - aTxTIGER - 08-26-2014 03:26 PM

lololololololol

2-0 Wimbledon over Man U

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - fsquid - 08-26-2014 03:35 PM

WEst Ham and the Pigs are tied

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - aTxTIGER - 08-26-2014 03:44 PM

3-0 MK Wimbledon. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - ShockerBob - 08-26-2014 03:46 PM

4-0 LOLOLOLOL

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - aTxTIGER - 08-26-2014 03:46 PM

The Fightin' Vinnie Jones' are up 4-0 on United.

I would love to be with David Moyes right now.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (Liverpool buys WHY ALWAYS ME) - fsquid - 08-26-2014 03:49 PM

Its gotta be Man United's C team though right?