CSNbbs
OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread (/thread-698736.html)

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 05-29-2015 05:37 PM

(05-29-2015 04:26 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(05-29-2015 03:24 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(05-29-2015 02:30 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Ah so no China, no AUS/NZ (how are they even in Asia?), no Japan, no Spain, no England, no Germany, etc. South America just had one. 2026 seems to be US or another f*ck over...

They weren't until OFC lost their auto bid a few years back in favor of the CONMEBOL/CONCACAF playoff. When that happened they applied to transfer to the AFC, which if we're honest, is just as easy, because it'll only ever be South Korea, Japan, and Australia competing with MAYBE Iran and Saudi Arabia occasionally for 4-5 spots. The Qatar auto-bid is really pissing those three off at the moment, because Qatar's NT is hot garbage. I'm actually surprised Russia hasn't considered the same move, seeing as how their path would become MUCH easier, and they'd be higher in the WC draw by winning their confederation, something they'd never do in UEFA qualifying.

Russia is too buy trying to prove their weight against the European Nations politically to decide to separate to Asia in Soccer. They want to be the anti Europe in a way.

Well, no one ever said they were smart.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 05-29-2015 11:54 PM

U20's and Myammar are 1-1 at half. We gave up an early goal off poor defending on a set piece, but equalized 10 minutes later off a corner. We had plenty of chances rest of the half, but couldn't do enough with them.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 05-30-2015 12:55 AM

U20's beat Myammar 2-1 as Emerson Hyndman scored the winner in the 57th minute. We made it interesting a little late with some rough clearances, but held on.

Next match is against New Zealand early, early Tuesday Morning.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - fsquid - 05-30-2015 12:23 PM

still no creativity in the midfield.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - nomad2u2001 - 05-30-2015 01:27 PM

Guess I'll keep my sig

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 05-30-2015 01:32 PM

(05-30-2015 01:27 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  Guess I'll keep my sig

So, I guess Soton gets the dubious task of running the Europa League qualification rounds...where are they heading to first Azerbaijan? 03-lmfao

On a serious note, I could actually see them trying to make a run at it. Their ownership and management are realistic enough to know qualifying for the CL by other means is probably not possible from them at this point.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 05-30-2015 01:52 PM

Very entertaining first 45 in the Pokal. Hoping for the same in the the Copa del Rey, because I'm assuming PSG is going to murderstomp Auxerre in the Coup de France

OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - PurpleReigns - 05-30-2015 01:54 PM

Polka on TV anywhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - ShockerBob - 05-30-2015 02:03 PM

(05-30-2015 01:54 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Polka on TV anywhere?

I got a stream for you if you want it.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 05-30-2015 02:14 PM

(05-30-2015 01:32 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

So, I guess Soton gets the dubious task of running the Europa League qualification rounds...where are they heading to first Azerbaijan? 03-lmfao

On a serious note, I could actually see them trying to make a run at it. Their ownership and management are realistic enough to know qualifying for the CL by other means is probably not possible from them at this point.

West Ham gets the same distinction as well. They have to go from round 1 as well, meaning 8 matches before the group stage could even begin.

I was hoping Villa would win because I'd like to see them relegated next year...but oh well, guess we'll just have to hope they stink without getting help from Europe next year.

I do agree that Soton might make a run at Europa. Truthfully, any Premier League side not named Liverpool or Tottenham should. That being said, it's known that Koeman hates Europa League play...so it's hard to say how he'll manage it.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 05-30-2015 02:28 PM

(05-30-2015 02:03 PM)ShockerBob Wrote:  
(05-30-2015 01:54 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Polka on TV anywhere?

I got a stream for you if you want it.

It's on WatchESPN as well

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - BearcatMan - 05-30-2015 02:44 PM

(05-30-2015 02:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(05-30-2015 01:32 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

West Ham gets the same distinction as well. They have to go from round 1 as well, meaning 8 matches before the group stage could even begin.

I was hoping Villa would win because I'd like to see them relegated next year...but oh well, guess we'll just have to hope they stink without getting help from Europe next year.

I do agree that Soton might make a run at Europa. Truthfully, any Premier League side not named Liverpool or Tottenham should. That being said, it's known that Koeman hates Europa League play...so it's hard to say how he'll manage it.

I think the former will dictate that the latter changes. He wants to compete in the CL, he also knows that's now the "easiest" way in since the Cup-winners stipulation was pulled a few years back, so he may sacrifice he own pride and try to get through. Heck, Seville won't be there to worry about, and they seem to be the only team of the big four who care about the EL in the past few seasons. The plus side is Soton have arguably the most top-flght ready youth players, so they could carry a few of the group stage games while resting their bigger guns for the Premier League.

It's going to be interesting to see who every is going to go after in the Summer window. Taking all the teams in Europe from the EPL, who do you figure each sides' top target is and the biggest departure?

Chelsea: Oscar out, Sterling or Griezmann top target
Man City: Jovetic out, Pogba top target
Arsenal: Giroud out, Vidal top target (Schniederlin most realistic top target)
Man United: Di Maria out, Benzema top target
Liverpool: Sterling out, Kovacic top (realistic) target
Tottenham: Soldado out, Schniederlin top target
Southampton: Schniederlin out, Healthy Jay Rodriguez top target (03-lmfao), but they're going to have another $40M after selling Schniederlin and Clyne and I bet Charlie Austin ends up on the South Coast if they lose out on Mitrovic, which is highly likely.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 05-30-2015 03:18 PM

4 years ago today...this happened.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - C2__ - 05-30-2015 03:20 PM

(05-27-2015 12:07 PM)Curumim Wrote:  Here in Brazil they are pointing that the investigation started in the USA, a country with no tradition when we talk about soccer.

I don't want the World Cup to be in the USA because I fear that the soccer overcome football... Am I being stupid ?

How is Brazil the Third World? I know there's a sharp gap between the wealthy and impoverished but Third World?

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - nomad2u2001 - 05-30-2015 03:39 PM

(05-27-2015 12:30 PM)ShockerBob Wrote:  
(05-27-2015 12:07 PM)Curumim Wrote:  Here in Brazil they are pointing that the investigation started in the USA, a country with no tradition when we talk about soccer.

Who cares where the investigation starts? We had the balls to do it. What the F is Brazil doing exactly? As they definitely had their hand in the cookie jar as well. F them. Brazil and corruption go hand in hand and now their stadiums they just built are falling apart. Big shocker. They can't even provide water to their own citizens. "No tradition with soccer." Go Get F'd Brazil - snotty ignorant ********. Glad Germany pushed their sh*t in. F'n hypocrites. Hope Chile teabags them in the Copa.

(05-27-2015 12:07 PM)Curumim Wrote:  I don't want the World Cup to be in the USA because I fear that the soccer overcome football... Am I being stupid ?

It won't in the near future but it will continue to grow here.

First soccer has to beat out several college sports for popularity.

Soccer is missing that transcendent American talent needed to bring American consciousness to the sport regularly. Right now American talent is like the NBA when it was just 6' and under guys playing a floor game.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - nomad2u2001 - 05-30-2015 03:45 PM

(05-30-2015 03:20 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  

I don't want the World Cup to be in the USA because I fear that the soccer overcome football... Am I being stupid ?

How is Brazil the Third World? I know there's a sharp gap between the wealthy and impoverished but Third World?

Not all of the third world is like Somalia. Brazil is still considered to be developing.

I think the classification is unfair to locales like Floripa though.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - chiefsfan - 05-30-2015 04:15 PM

(05-30-2015 03:39 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(05-27-2015 12:30 PM)ShockerBob Wrote:  

Who cares where the investigation starts? We had the balls to do it. What the F is Brazil doing exactly? As they definitely had their hand in the cookie jar as well. F them. Brazil and corruption go hand in hand and now their stadiums they just built are falling apart. Big shocker. They can't even provide water to their own citizens. "No tradition with soccer." Go Get F'd Brazil - snotty ignorant ********. Glad Germany pushed their sh*t in. F'n hypocrites. Hope Chile teabags them in the Copa.

(05-27-2015 12:07 PM)Curumim Wrote:  I don't want the World Cup to be in the USA because I fear that the soccer overcome football... Am I being stupid ?

It won't in the near future but it will continue to grow here.

First soccer has to beat out several college sports for popularity.

Soccer is missing that transcendent American talent needed to bring American consciousness to the sport regularly. Right now American talent is like the NBA when it was just 6' and under guys playing a floor game.

Ratings right now have major Soccer Events ahead of College Football.

MLS obviously is not...

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - Bearcats#1 - 05-30-2015 05:00 PM

USA Women 0-0 at half vs South Korea

They are playing at Redbull's stadium in NY....sold out or near sold out. They said four years ago in the same 'send off game' they maybe had 6k. Now, they are selling out Redbull Stadium.

Great to see.

Women's soccer (team USA) is about the only women's sport I like outside of winter olympic stuff (ice skating, etc.) and olympics gymnastics.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - fsquid - 05-30-2015 10:32 PM

really hoping that the US U-23 comes out and beats up on Costa Rica tomorrow.

RE: OT: The NEW Official Soccer Thread - DowdyPirate - 05-31-2015 07:05 AM

(05-30-2015 10:32 PM)fsquid Wrote:  really hoping that the US U-23 comes out and beats up on Costa Rica tomorrow.

Game is on Bein at 11ET for anyone interested