CSNbbs
OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. (/thread-698117.html)

Pages: 1 2

OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - BamaScorpio69 - 08-11-2014 06:15 PM

http://www.eonline.com/news/568331/robin-williams-dead-at-63-oscar-winner-and-comedy-legend-found-dead-at-home-coroner-suspects-suicide?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Robin Williams has died.
Shockingly, suddenly, tragically, the actor was found dead at his home in Tiburon, Calif., this morning, according to the Marin County Sheriff's Office Coroner Division.

[Image: rs_634x953-140701125204-634.Robin-Willia...070114.jpg]

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - BamaScorpio69 - 08-11-2014 06:37 PM

Wow. Apparently Robin hunged himself. Just terrible news.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - RonBurgundy - 08-11-2014 07:04 PM

Robin Williams will be missed, he was a great comedic mind. This was a senseless death though, stuff just doesn't get that bad where that's an option.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - goliath74 - 08-11-2014 07:22 PM

One of my favorite actors. He will be greatly missed.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - topper1296 - 08-11-2014 07:39 PM

One of my favorite movies.

Oh Captain, My Captain
[Image: 2010-10-04-DeadPoetsSociety1989CD2.avi_003839798.jpg]

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - PirateTreasureNC - 08-11-2014 08:05 PM

You can't beat Good Morning Vietnam and Dead Poets Society for great movies. I was also a fan of his work in Insomnia, Patch Adams, and One Hour Photo.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - Rabonchild - 08-11-2014 08:20 PM

Mork has returned to Ork.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - BamaScorpio69 - 08-11-2014 09:00 PM

(08-11-2014 08:05 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  You can't beat Good Morning Vietnam and Dead Poets Society for great movies. I was also a fan of his work in Insomnia, Patch Adams, and One Hour Photo.

Insomnia and One Hour Photo were movies no one ever expected Robin would or could do. He was fantastic in those roles.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - Runner - 08-11-2014 09:40 PM

RIP my friend! Nanu Nanu.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - Volkmar - 08-11-2014 10:11 PM

He captured my interest the first time I saw him on Happy Days and Mork & Mindy many years ago in the 70's, and 3 of my all-time favorite movies wouldn't have been the same without him (Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, and Good Will Hunting).

They say depression doesn't discriminate, and it's true. Unless we've fought that battle ourselves, it's difficult to put into context what someone with depression is truly going through. It's easy for people to dismiss it and say someone is taking the easy way out and being selfish, but the mind is such a complicated thing, and can be its own worst enemy, regardless of popularity, financial or marital status, or success. The blessings we think should be enough to get someone by can even lose their meaning and impact, and get lost in the process. The mind can, at once, be both a glorious and a terrible thing; a gift and inspiration to others and our own worst prison at the same time.

INCREDIBLE talent to be sorely missed.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - bit_9 - 08-11-2014 11:01 PM

Well said Volkmar. Depression impacts all. Even those not suffering from it directly. Those impacted directly by the loss of a friend or loved one to depression go through guilt, sadness, anger, hate, denial, and the list goes on.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - mistabinks - 08-11-2014 11:12 PM

One Hour Photo is a must.

I loved The Crazy Ones. With raunchy humor takin over it was refreshing to see an attempt at smart comedy.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - Dracorex - 08-11-2014 11:15 PM

“So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women - and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do. It also won’t do in your essays.”

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - herdfan2013 - 08-11-2014 11:18 PM

The list of actors who could make you laugh, make you cry, and make you think is incredibly short. It got shorter today. As a guy in my middle twenties, Robin Williams was a huge part of my childhood, as he was for people both ten years older and younger than me. This is truly sad news. An awesome talent who was supposedly even a better guy.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - Volkmar - 08-11-2014 11:24 PM

Robin Williams on Golf...

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - MTPiKapp - 08-12-2014 01:07 PM

(08-11-2014 11:12 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  One Hour Photo is a must.

Sy the photo guy

[Image: 2547969767_529c0f5c9d.jpg]

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - Green Menace - 08-12-2014 04:55 PM

Not only passed away, he committed suicide by hanging himself. Waste of a good talent.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - VA49er - 08-12-2014 05:01 PM

(08-12-2014 04:55 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  Not only passed away, he committed suicide by hanging himself. Waste of a good talent.

Tears of a clown. The man evidently had an internal struggle that I can't even begin to imagine. I wish he could have received the help he needed. Nevertheless, he was a great comedian and actor that I will miss. Not sure there's anyone else in Hollywood I can say that about.

RE: OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - TedHead - 08-12-2014 07:31 PM

(08-11-2014 10:11 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  He captured my interest the first time I saw him on Happy Days and Mork & Mindy many years ago in the 70's, and 3 of my all-time favorite movies wouldn't have been the same without him (Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, and Good Will Hunting).

They say depression doesn't discriminate, and it's true. Unless we've fought that battle ourselves, it's difficult to put into context what someone with depression is truly going through. It's easy for people to dismiss it and say someone is taking the easy way out and being selfish, but the mind is such a complicated thing, and can be its own worst enemy, regardless of popularity, financial or marital status, or success. The blessings we think should be enough to get someone by can even lose their meaning and impact, and get lost in the process. The mind can, at once, be both a glorious and a terrible thing; a gift and inspiration to others and our own worst prison at the same time.

INCREDIBLE talent to be sorely missed.

I was going to respond to an earlier post about this being a senseless death, and things cannot ever get that bad. I take my hat off to you! You nailed it, and there is nothing more that I could contribute to your explanation of the mind.
Those of us who battle depression everyday, know the power of self.

May Robin Williams rest in peace. A great talent has met the Great Beyond.

OT: Sad news, Robin Williams has passed away at age 63. - Jayesseagle - 08-12-2014 10:26 PM

Terrible loss! My prayers go out to his family and friends. May God bless

SMTTT