CSNbbs
NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. (/thread-696734.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - huskie2379 - 07-30-2014 04:24 PM

If I understandn correctly NIU is coming out with a master plan to renovate the stadium. What are we to expect? The most important part is press box and suites! I think the coaches club is a good start to see if there is interest in specialized seating. If this sells out they need to put something in the endzone across the yordon and ipf. With these two pieces then you can think about adding more seats. But you need to improve these two things first.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - cawoo22 - 07-30-2014 04:25 PM

(07-30-2014 04:24 PM)huskie2379 Wrote:  If I understandn correctly NIU is coming out with a master plan to renovate the stadium. What are we to expect? The most important part is press box and suites! I think the coaches club is a good start to see if there is interest in specialized seating. If this sells out they need to put something in the endzone across the yordon and ipf. With these two pieces then you can think about adding more seats. But you need to improve these two things first.

Check the Schedulepalooza thread... but you're 29 pages behind, so hop to it, youngster!

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - OldTtimeNIU - 07-30-2014 05:33 PM

(07-30-2014 04:25 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  
(07-30-2014 04:24 PM)huskie2379 Wrote:  If I understandn correctly NIU is coming out with a master plan to renovate the stadium. What are we to expect? The most important part is press box and suites! I think the coaches club is a good start to see if there is interest in specialized seating. If this sells out they need to put something in the endzone across the yordon and ipf. With these two pieces then you can think about adding more seats. But you need to improve these two things first.

Check the Schedulepalooza thread... but you're 29 pages behind, so hop to it, youngster!

Check the Schedulepalooza thread..
Why would anybody connect this thread with stadium renovations? Shows how off track these threads can get..

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - Michael James - 07-31-2014 12:57 PM

What does it say in there, I'm not searching through 80 pages to find the answer...

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - HuskieJohn - 07-31-2014 12:59 PM

(07-31-2014 12:57 PM)Michael James Wrote:  What does it say in there, I'm not searching through 80 pages to find the answer...

We will likely need some expansion for BYU in 2020 and likely Utah in 2018.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 07-31-2014 01:05 PM

(07-31-2014 12:57 PM)Michael James Wrote:  What does it say in there, I'm not searching through 80 pages to find the answer...

Nothing official. It essentially says the same things (opinions) that were discussed hundreds of times here. Here is a synopsis.

Press box expansion
sky boxes
south endzone enclosure
Double deck the east side
More seats
etc.

It's not worth reading 80 pages for it.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - Michael James - 07-31-2014 01:07 PM

(07-31-2014 01:05 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  

Nothing official. It essentially says the same things (opinions) that were discussed hundreds of times here. Here is a synopsis.

Press box expansion
sky boxes
south endzone enclosure
Double deck the east side
More seats
etc.

It's not worth reading 80 pages for it.

Ok good, I thought there was an official announcement.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - klake87 - 07-31-2014 01:46 PM

I would imagine that some of these home and home contracts require expansion and upgrades to the stadium. This might be a way to force the issue.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - HuskieJohn - 07-31-2014 01:50 PM

Baker wants it upgraded...it's just up to the BOT an donors

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - klake87 - 07-31-2014 02:30 PM

I wonder if some bonds are being paid off soon.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - HuskieJohn - 07-31-2014 02:34 PM

(07-31-2014 02:30 PM)klake87 Wrote:  I wonder if some bonds are being paid off soon.

The 1994/1995 east stand bonds should be paid up any time now.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - HuskieJohn - 07-31-2014 02:47 PM

Utah at home for a home opener in 2018. You have to think we have something added by then.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - NIUfilmmaker - 07-31-2014 02:47 PM

IF I recall the entire east stands cost between 4-5mil (90's prices). You would think 6-7 mil would add the missing 18 rows to the East and 3500 seats in the end-zone.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - HuskieJohn - 07-31-2014 02:54 PM

(07-31-2014 02:47 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  IF I recall the entire east stands cost between 4-5mil (90's prices). You would think 6-7 mil would add the missing 18 rows to the East and 3500 seats in the end-zone.

Frazier doesnt do anything small.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - niubrad00 - 07-31-2014 04:32 PM

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I think you're on crack if you think any of these home and home deals were made with the understanding that Huskie Stadium would expand by the time they visited DeKalb. I don't believe that for a second. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Sure, Frazier is going to have plans to add skyboxes, gut the west side and probably other cosmetic improvements, but there is no way any significant seating increase will happen. Maybe a tweak to capacity with remodeling or grooming the south berm to be able to be used as seating, but that would be it.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - RedandBlackAttack - 07-31-2014 04:36 PM

(07-31-2014 04:32 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  Apparently I'm in the minority, but I think you're on crack if you think any of these home and home deals were made with the understanding that Huskie Stadium would expand by the time they visited DeKalb. I don't believe that for a second. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Sure, Frazier is going to have plans to add skyboxes, gut the west side and probably other cosmetic improvements, but there is no way any significant seating increase will happen. Maybe a tweak to capacity with remodeling or grooming the south berm to be able to be used as seating, but that would be it.

Do you know how many BYU fans there are around the country? My HR guy at my company went to BYU and is super pumped about them coming to DeKalb. Huskie Stadium is too small for playing teams of that caliber who are well known nationwide. And this is even without tomorrow's announcement which could be bigger than them all.

Adding 4-6K worth of seating should not be TOO difficult to complete by 2018 if planned correctly.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - niubrad00 - 07-31-2014 04:52 PM

(07-31-2014 04:36 PM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 04:32 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  Apparently I'm in the minority, but I think you're on crack if you think any of these home and home deals were made with the understanding that Huskie Stadium would expand by the time they visited DeKalb. I don't believe that for a second. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Do you know how many BYU fans there are around the country? My HR guy at my company went to BYU and is super pumped about them coming to DeKalb. Huskie Stadium is too small for playing teams of that caliber who are well known nationwide. And this is even without tomorrow's announcement which could be bigger than them all.

Adding 4-6K worth of seating should not be TOO difficult to complete by 2018 if planned correctly.

So we should spend millions of dollars on new renovations for one or two marquee home games? No. Not happening. So give BYU 5,000 tickets and raise ticket prices to $50 if there will really be that much demand. Problem solved. BYU also plays at Utah State and they have a similar capacity to us. That's even an intra-state rivalry but I don't see USU rushing out to build new seats.

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - RedandBlackAttack - 07-31-2014 04:54 PM

(07-31-2014 04:52 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 04:36 PM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  

So we should spend millions of dollars on new renovations for one or two marquee home games? No. Not happening. So give BYU 5,000 tickets and raise ticket prices to $50 if there will really be that much demand. Problem solved. BYU also plays at Utah State and they have a similar capacity to us. That's even an intra-state rivalry but I don't see USU rushing out to build new seats.

So you think NIU is only planning on a couple marquee games and then is packing up shop? These are just the beginning of hopefully continued scheduling improvements!

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - cartershaw - 07-31-2014 06:15 PM

(07-31-2014 02:54 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 02:47 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  IF I recall the entire east stands cost between 4-5mil (90's prices). You would think 6-7 mil would add the missing 18 rows to the East and 3500 seats in the end-zone.

Frazier doesnt do anything small.

+1000000

And that is a good thing

RE: NIU Stadium Expansion Renovation. - cartershaw - 07-31-2014 06:16 PM

Move the band out of the stands and into the endzone with removable bleachers to clear space...

I would love to see the results of the poll.. I am sure they can get 15 donors to commit to skyboxes...

I think something similar to NU stadium club would be an option:

Located on the west side of Ryan Field, the Stadium Club is enclosed and has soft, cushioned chairs. The climate-controlled space is located between the 30 yard-lines and features private restrooms, flat screen televisions and a buffet including hot food, cold sandwiches, dessert, beer and wine. A $1,500 per seat contribution is required for each Stadium Club ticket in addition to the cost of the season ticket. This location is only available on a season ticket basis.