CSNbbs
Forums - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Middle Tennessee (/forum-301.html)
+----- Thread: Forums (/thread-696590.html)

Pages: 1 2

Forums - Ole Blue - 07-29-2014 04:39 PM

Since BRZ has been down for a while and the fragmentation between MT fans continues to exist, shouldn't we pursue other options for uniting our online fan base?

I've been on here for years and would love to help grow the MT presence not only in the main CUSA forum but also here in the MT-specific one.

RE: Forums - BlueRaider0x0 - 07-29-2014 04:44 PM

I agree. There aren't enough online posting MT fans to warrant 2 separate boards. The traffic on both sites is considerably low, even during the season. One of the two boards (gomiddle) even combined all sports to keep traffic up. I like both boards the same but I'd like to see us all under one roof.

RE: Forums - Ole Blue - 07-30-2014 01:35 PM

(07-29-2014 04:44 PM)BlueRaider0x0 Wrote:  I agree. There aren't enough online posting MT fans to warrant 2 separate boards. The traffic on both sites is considerably low, even during the season. One of the two boards (gomiddle) even combined all sports to keep traffic up. I like both boards the same but I'd like to see us all under one roof.

That would be the ideal. If we were able to function here, perhaps we could continue our discussions on individual sports like we've got on BRZ (I love to comment on the men's and ladies' basketball threads).

RE: Forums - surlycanon - 07-30-2014 08:45 PM

I'd be happy as a clam if everything just moved here... I read both the other forums and post on BRZ, but I'm on the CUSA board all the time because this is the biggest and most consistent conversation for the Raiders. I say let those other guys do what they want, but this is a perfectly fine place for us to talk, and we know it won't go down (BRZ) or hide info behind a paywall (Rivals).

RE: Forums - Ole Blue - 07-30-2014 10:39 PM

(07-30-2014 08:45 PM)surlycanon Wrote:  I'd be happy as a clam if everything just moved here... I read both the other forums and post on BRZ, but I'm on the CUSA board all the time because this is the biggest and most consistent conversation for the Raiders. I say let those other guys do what they want, but this is a perfectly fine place for us to talk, and we know it won't go down (BRZ) or hide info behind a paywall (Rivals).

If we could actually get active on here and post more topics and info I bet people would show up more than they do normally. UAB is a good example of that, since they've got a bunch of fans on here and in their team-centric forum.

I love the CUSA board here and I think the MT board has the chance to be quite good as well.

RE: Forums - MT FAN - 07-31-2014 02:13 PM

I like the functionality of this board. I wish there was more traffic on it.

RE: Forums - surlycanon - 07-31-2014 08:28 PM

There are atleast 10-15 regulars posting on the CUSA boards, i'd think we can make a go of this.

RE: Forums - Ole Blue - 07-31-2014 11:54 PM

Well there's already been what, 5 of us posting here the last day or so?

That's a good start already!

RE: Forums - KAjunRaider - 08-02-2014 04:27 PM

Was never really into the recruiting sites.

I pay attention on signing day, and that's about it.

I think Twitter has hurt the message boards, as well-- but Twitter does provide a quick source of information and "scoop"

RE: Forums - surlycanon - 08-06-2014 05:05 PM

(08-02-2014 04:27 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Was never really into the recruiting sites.

I think Twitter has hurt the message boards, as well-- but Twitter does provide a quick source of information and "scoop"

agreed. a few fans do a lot of work, but i don't see what exactly rivals/scout does/did for MTSU fans other than ask for money. I'd rather have a completely free and open site where all talk is welcome in all forums... none of this secrecy behind a paywall.

RE: Forums - KAjunRaider - 08-09-2014 10:23 AM

(08-06-2014 05:05 PM)surlycanon Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 04:27 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Was never really into the recruiting sites.

agreed. a few fans do a lot of work, but i don't see what exactly rivals/scout does/did for MTSU fans other than ask for money. I'd rather have a completely free and open site where all talk is welcome in all forums... none of this secrecy behind a paywall.

Well, some of our pier schools have Rivals or Scout sites that are run by folks chosen by the university's football program. We don't have that at MT.

In fact, I hear of some schools that have an "insider" effort to get their fans to engage with recruits on Twitter and such-- a no-no

We originally moved from Delphi to Rivals in order to help MT in recruiting, with the help of Chris Childers. Don't know if it helped or not, but we did not have that "extreme insider" info that some of the other schools' boards now have (i.e. direct line of communication with coaches to help steer recruits to their respective program)

RE: Forums - Ole Blue - 08-11-2014 06:32 PM

Exactly. It seems a little silly to me to have such a big split on various paid-for sites when there isn't a "huge" amount of traffic in the first place that might necessarily warrant such a site like a school such as Miami might have.

RE: Forums - Blueraiders - 09-12-2015 08:19 AM

I signed up last night. Been on the two older sites and posted on blueraiderzone all the time till they quit using the payment site. Used to have a bunch of fun on the boards when other teams would post questions and smack talk. Glad to be here!

RE: Forums - IoncemetJonVoight - 08-23-2016 10:48 AM

Just came across this board. I post on BRZ quite a bit, and totally agree that we need to combine sites.

I would hate it though for all the hard work that the admins put in for the two sites though.

RE: Forums - Ole Blue - 08-23-2016 11:59 AM

(08-23-2016 10:48 AM)IoncemetJonVoight Wrote:  Just came across this board. I post on BRZ quite a bit, and totally agree that we need to combine sites.

I would hate it though for all the hard work that the admins put in for the two sites though.

I post quite a lot on both (as you probably know) but I am much more active here for the reasons I talked about on BRZ. Over 9k posts here and 2500 on BRZ. And about the same time on each site.

RE: Forums - Ole Blue - 11-27-2016 03:41 PM

With all the MT fans on this site, we can really use these forums. Plus, a lot more interaction with other fan bases is possible here and folks are respectful. I encourage everyone to get involved here on the MT subforum as much as you are on the rest of the site.

RE: Forums - georgia_tech_swagger - 11-29-2016 11:51 AM

I'll get you guys set up nicely this evening.

04-cheers

RE: Forums - Ole Blue - 11-29-2016 01:17 PM

(11-29-2016 11:51 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I'll get you guys set up nicely this evening.

04-cheers

Awesome! Thank you GTS!

RE: Forums - mturn017 - 12-02-2016 03:15 PM

Welcome Blue Raiders! Hopefully this board will catch on, it looks like most of you are the same ones that post on CUSA board but maybe more of your brethren will find their way over. USM, ODU, Rice and UAB all have active boards on site.

RE: Forums - ARandomHerdFan - 12-02-2016 03:22 PM

I was told there would be pie and punch.