CSNbbs
Thank you Liberalism - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Thank you Liberalism (/thread-696239.html)

Pages: 1 2

Thank you Liberalism - ClairtonPanther - 07-26-2014 02:53 AM

RE: Thank you Liberalism - oklalittledixie - 07-26-2014 09:08 AM

They'll never admit it was their policy They destroy a region and then just migrate to a new one to repeat the process.

When you ask them why they left, it's always the fault of evil corporations.

They are a disease.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - ClairtonPanther - 07-26-2014 04:18 PM

No liberals want to defend themselves and their party. The liberals and their regulations & tax code caused the manufacturing to leave Pittsburgh and more importantly Clairton. Then to give Clairton the biggest kick in the balls, they decided to give our residents Welfare to keep the people in Clairton poor.

And it hurts because my grandfather and great grandfather helped build the town. My other grandfather worked in the mill and had two uncles that lived in the mill. Sh*t, even the infamous TerryD (realignment board legend) worked in the mill.

These days you have teenage boys robbing the elderly and even killing the elderly. I totally wished my dad moved out, but he lived in the town 55 years of his life.

I sincerely thank Liberalism and Progresses for the harm that caused Clairton for the past 3 decades.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - ClairtonPanther - 07-26-2014 07:09 PM

So Liberals don't want to defend their failed policies that destroyed the Rust Belt and is destroying California and is eager to destroy Texas next. This is real life liberals, and in my backyard, literally.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - oklalittledixie - 07-26-2014 07:21 PM

(07-26-2014 07:09 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  So Liberals don't want to defend their failed policies that destroyed the Rust Belt and is destroying California and is eager to destroy Texas next. This is real life liberals, and in my backyard, literally.

They destroyed California long ago. Texas they are going to have a hard time with because conservatives from around the country are also flocking there in large numbers.

Glad you see can recognize the disease. They destroyed the entire upper Midwest and NE. They are now moving southward down the Atlantic coast and back east from California. Virginia and the Carolinas are heavily infected.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - SumOfAllFears - 07-26-2014 07:49 PM

(07-26-2014 09:08 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  They'll never admit it was their policy They destroy a region and then just migrate to a new one to repeat the process.

They are a disease.

I see them more as a virus.

Thank you Liberalism - dmacfour - 07-26-2014 08:44 PM

(07-26-2014 07:49 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(07-26-2014 09:08 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  They'll never admit it was their policy They destroy a region and then just migrate to a new one to repeat the process.

They are a disease.

I mean feel free to disagree with someone's beliefs, but seeing them as subhuman just pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Thank you Liberalism - ClairtonPanther - 07-26-2014 08:54 PM

(07-26-2014 08:44 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  

They are a disease.

I mean feel free to disagree with someone's beliefs, but seeing them as subhuman just pathetic.

I don't hate liberals but I despise the philosophy. The destruction it has caused in the Mon Valley (south of Pittsburgh) is irreversible.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - dmacfour - 07-26-2014 08:57 PM

(07-26-2014 08:54 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  

They are a disease.

I don't hate liberals but I despise the philosophy. The destruction it has caused in the Mon Valley (south of Pittsburgh) is irreversible.

I'm talking about Okla and SOAF classifying liberals as a disease or virus. These act like liberals are subhuman.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - nomad2u2001 - 07-26-2014 09:03 PM

There's are few things more different than changing how things work in a smaller town. Leadership has real pull and connections that will keep them in their seats for a long time. Once the decline starts it's going to take a real blessing to get it back.

Using my own town as an example, Henderson--though small--has been the manufacturing, banking, shopping, education and government hub for Warren, Granville, Vance and Mecklenburg (VA) Counties (and their predecessors) for 150 years. The surrounding areas did the farming and Henderson did the Manufacturing, financing, and all that stuff. We, like a lot of small towns had a few dominant companies:

Rose's (TV's Charlie Rose and his people)-owned all major retail (grocery, farm supply, home shopping, and all of those warehouses) since the 1850s
Harriet and Henderson Yarns-owned all textiles
JP Taylor-owned both tobacco plants and warehouses
Thomas Sherrin-owned and managed all commercial real estate

All of those families had seats on the city council and hired city managers and staff. For generations companies in those specific industries wanted to come in and compete and locals have tried to stop their own. They couldn't get permits and they couldn't rent space.

Then, all at once, they went belly up. It's estimated that over 40% of the jobs were now gone and there weren't any other companies to turn to. The people in all the counties we used to support (except Warren) started going to Raleigh and Durham while becoming better and better themselves. The only one of those companies that exists in any capacity is Rose's (Now Variety Wholesalers).

Even though everyone knows what those companies have done, their people have only recently died off and stop taking up seats. If they were still around, they'd still be in charge because small town folks go too much with the "well I know them" mentality over electing people that aren't in "the loop".

This is why I don't attribute local government to ideology: Local government doesn't care about being conservative, liberal, or alien in a smaller town. The just want to stay in office and help friends out.

The only reason we are improving now is the steady creep of Raleigh-Durham up I-85 and NC-1. That's going to have to happen to a place like Clairton. People from Pittsburgh are going to have to start coming there and moving in. It will change your economy to one that depends on money from outside of the city.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - SumOfAllFears - 07-26-2014 09:09 PM

They are a disease.

I'll explain. Diseases like cancer are a cell mutation, whereas a virus has no other purpose except to overwhelm and destroy the host.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - dmacfour - 07-26-2014 09:11 PM

(07-26-2014 09:09 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

They are a disease.

I'll explain. Diseases like cancer are a cell mutation, whereas a virus has no other purpose except to overwhelm and destroy the host.

Well we all know what the next step in combating a disease/virus is, don't we? I have a feeling that you'd have no problem with it.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - SumOfAllFears - 07-26-2014 09:27 PM

(07-26-2014 09:11 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  

They are a disease.

Well we all know what the next step in combating a disease/virus is, don't we? I have a feeling that you'd have no problem with it.

I'm saying nothing more than Liberalism is like a virus.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - ClairtonPanther - 07-26-2014 09:36 PM

(07-26-2014 09:03 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  There's are few things more different than changing how things work in a smaller town. Leadership has real pull and connections that will keep them in their seats for a long time. Once the decline starts it's going to take a real blessing to get it back.

Using my own town as an example, Henderson--though small--has been the manufacturing, banking, shopping, education and government hub for Warren, Granville, Vance and Mecklenburg (VA) Counties (and their predecessors) for 150 years. The surrounding areas did the farming and Henderson did the Manufacturing, financing, and all that stuff. We, like a lot of small towns had a few dominant companies:

Rose's (TV's Charlie Rose and his people)-owned all major retail (grocery, farm supply, home shopping, and all of those warehouses) since the 1850s

All of those families had seats on the city council and hired city managers and staff. For generations companies in those specific industries wanted to come in and compete and locals have tried to stop their own. They couldn't get permits and they couldn't rent space.

Then, all at once, they went belly up. It's estimated that over 40% of the jobs were now gone and there weren't any other companies to turn to. The people in all the counties we used to support (except Warren) started going to Raleigh and Durham while becoming better and better themselves. The only one of those companies that exists in any capacity is Rose's (Now Variety Wholesalers).

Even though everyone knows what those companies have done, their people have only recently died off and stop taking up seats. If they were still around, they'd still be in charge because small town folks go too much with the "well I know them" mentality over electing people that aren't in "the loop".

This is why I don't attribute local government to ideology: Local government doesn't care about being conservative, liberal, or alien in a smaller town. The just want to stay in office and help friends out.

The only reason we are improving now is the steady creep of Raleigh-Durham up I-85 and NC-1. That's going to have to happen to a place like Clairton. People from Pittsburgh are going to have to start coming there and moving in. It will change your economy to one that depends on money from outside of the city.

And that's where I think Clairton politics are failing. Sure there are murders and violent crime in the town, but when you compare the crime rate of Clairton to other towns that are a lot more prosperous locally, Clairton is statistically safer. Homestead, is a lot worse, but their council and mayor tore down the old mill and created a huge shopping district called the Waterfront. Then you factor in state politics that wants to raise business taxes even more, which will hurt the towns that still have some businesses left. Then factoring in federal government and their horrible regulations and boom, US Steel offshores more than 75% of the jobs in the entire Mon Valley.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - oklalittledixie - 07-27-2014 10:48 AM

(07-26-2014 09:03 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  There's are few things more different than changing how things work in a smaller town. Leadership has real pull and connections that will keep them in their seats for a long time. Once the decline starts it's going to take a real blessing to get it back.

Pal, liberalism means more government...more labor unions. Conservatism does not push the kind of regulation that push business out. So lets not pretend conservatism is part of that kind of government.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - oklalittledixie - 07-27-2014 10:52 AM

(07-26-2014 09:11 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  

They are a disease.

Liberalism has been able to destroy many areas of this country because it has gone unchecked. It is hard to undo what is already done. Liberals are very good at hiding their "good deeds" behind false propaganda. They are able to get people to continue to vote for their own demise.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - nomad2u2001 - 07-27-2014 10:52 AM

(07-27-2014 10:48 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  

Pal, liberalism means more government...more labor unions. Conservatism does not push the kind of regulation that push business out. So lets not pretend conservatism is part of that kind of government.

I only mentioned conservatism once and not in reference to what was happening.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - oklalittledixie - 07-27-2014 10:54 AM

(07-27-2014 10:52 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

You said local governments don't care about conservatives or liberals...as if liberalism has no bearing on the issue and it's just "government."

It's pretty clear what kind of government is responsible for crushing the economy.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - nomad2u2001 - 07-27-2014 12:04 PM

(07-27-2014 10:54 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(07-27-2014 10:52 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

You said local governments don't care about conservatives or liberals...as if liberalism has no bearing on the issue and it's just "government."

It's pretty clear what kind of government is responsible for crushing the economy.

No, I said that local governments in a small town don't care about BEING conservatives or liberals. It's just the dynamics of a smaller town.

RE: Thank you Liberalism - TigerBlue4Ever - 08-11-2014 01:06 PM

(07-26-2014 02:53 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  

Young Ms. Strasburg has quite a way with words as well as pictures.

As to the 2nd video, this is an ever increasing photograph of small town America that spans the entire country.