CSNbbs
GrEy Turf - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: GrEy Turf (/thread-696088.html)

Pages: 1 2

GrEy Turf - masttg - 07-24-2014 05:51 PM

Got some pics today. Nice day in Ypsi. [Image: agagymev.jpg]Real turf looks better than the renderings.
[Image: azanesa6.jpg]

RE: GrEy Turf - FrankAnderson - 07-24-2014 08:15 PM

Thanks for the taking the time to share the pics. I agre; better than the renderings.

Re: GrEy Turf - masttg - 07-24-2014 08:16 PM

Here are a couple more
[Image: heseguda.jpg]
[Image: zu9yqaru.jpg]

RE: GrEy Turf - easterneagles79 - 07-24-2014 09:26 PM

Looks much better than anticipated in my opinion. Love it

RE: GrEy Turf - emu steve - 07-24-2014 09:39 PM

I got an e-mail from someone who is friends with someone (I know double-speak) who has seen it and doesn't like it - too dark.

It will have a gritty look to it. I hope it doesn't look too asphalty.

RE: GrEy Turf - masttg - 07-24-2014 09:52 PM

It is dark. The gray doesnt 'jump out' like Boise-blue, but the green endzones do get emphasized. It looks good in the summer sun. But the November clouds may ruin it.

RE: GrEy Turf - emu steve - 07-24-2014 10:03 PM

(07-24-2014 09:52 PM)masttg Wrote:  It is dark. The gray doesnt 'jump out' like Boise-blue, but the green endzones do get emphasized. It looks good in the summer sun. But the November clouds may ruin it.

I agree. Get some dark ominous clouds and the stadium will be awash with that 'here comes the storm' look. Could be dreary.

EMU might need to wear white unis a lot come fall.

GrEy Turf - EAGLE KING - 07-24-2014 10:07 PM

Think that's kinda the point of the grey and the symbolism behind it. It's not supposed to look nice or sexy. It is what it is. "They can play us in the parking lot." They can play us on a cloudy day. Who cares. As long as they show up and win.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: GrEy Turf - emu steve - 07-24-2014 10:17 PM

(07-24-2014 10:07 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  Think that's kinda the point of the grey and the symbolism behind it. It's not supposed to look nice or sexy. It is what it is. "They can play us in the parking lot." They can play us on a cloudy day. Who cares. As long as they show up and win.

Agree. BTW, don't they need to put down the ground rubber which might have a metallic look to it. And need to put down numbers, etc.

GrEy Turf - EAGLE KING - 07-24-2014 10:20 PM

Yea and I thought the rubber was gonna be silver instead of black.

RE: GrEy Turf - emu steve - 07-25-2014 04:56 AM

(07-24-2014 10:20 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  Yea and I thought the rubber was gonna be silver instead of black.

Indeed, if one looks at the GREEN turf, it looks pretty bland now.

It will become more aesthetically pleasing.

RE: GrEy Turf - FrankAnderson - 07-25-2014 08:56 AM

Keep in mind once each yard line, hash mark, and logos gets painted on the field, there'll be more white color on the field.

RE: GrEy Turf - emu steve - 07-25-2014 09:02 AM

(07-25-2014 08:56 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Keep in mind once each yard line, hash mark, and logos gets painted on the field, there'll be more white color on the field.

Indeed, it is work-in-progress. Even the green which is the color of 99% of Field Turf fields looks totally bland and like something bought at Home Depot.

I trust Heather and the Field Turf folks.

I'm sure the folks at Field Turf could take some gray turf (e.g., say 100 square yards), and put in the silver colored ground rubber and then put in the white yard markers, hashes, etc.) lay it in a high school football field (or simulated football field) and see what it looks. The essence of testing be it a computer program or this is to test ALL possible outcomes (e.g., sun and clouds, no precipitation, rain and snow, hot and cold, day and night, etc. etc.). I'd guess they have several football fields which they use to pre-test their products before attempting to go commercial with them.

I'd suggest that any company which does not adequately pre-test their 'new' product such as I'm describing won't be in business long.

NO company wants to put an ugly POS out there and have their reputation hurt.

RE: GrEy Turf - TheWoodenNickle - 07-26-2014 07:39 AM

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/07/photo_gallery_rynearson_stadiu.html#incart_river

More pics. Looks ok to me.

RE: GrEy Turf - emu steve - 07-26-2014 08:54 AM

(07-26-2014 07:39 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/07/photo_gallery_rynearson_stadiu.html#incart_river

More pics. Looks ok to me.

Indeed, and it looks like they don't have the ground rubber in the green turf yet.

The images, and the ones from the press conference, look like they took blades of grass and dipped them in paint. Interesting look.

RE: GrEy Turf - realistEagle - 07-26-2014 12:09 PM

I have a feeling that the grey will look a little lighter in person. With all that being said so far I like it.

RE: GrEy Turf - EagleHawk - 07-27-2014 01:08 PM

Looks darker than I anticipated, better than the renderings though.

Showed it to someone who didn't know about it and they said it looked like concrete. So I guess it's accomplishing the who "parking lot" feel they were aiming for.

RE: GrEy Turf - masttg - 07-27-2014 03:48 PM

There are about 65 1-ton bags of 'crumb rubber'. The granules are basically black with about 1% reflective.

GrEy Turf - EAGLE KING - 07-28-2014 10:20 AM

I have now seen at least two 2015 commits talk about either the new turf, the factory, or the message behind both as reasons they choose EMU. For as much backlash as it initially received it appears to be attracting young kids who are already buying into the program. CC knows exactly what he is doing with this program.

RE: GrEy Turf - calvin12 - 07-28-2014 11:52 AM

so since it looks like an old piece of asphalt, does this mean the visiting team buses can just run you over like the visiting teams do and save time?