CSNbbs
SEC signs deal with comcast - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: SEC signs deal with comcast (/thread-695650.html)

SEC signs deal with comcast - shere khan - 07-20-2014 09:26 PM

P5?

may be just a P1 now.

"Financially, the network could double revenue distributions from the SEC to member schools, which was $21 million per school last year. Some revenue projections are even higher."

Looks like its over

SEC signs deal with comcast - Knightbengal - 07-20-2014 11:26 PM

No the b10 is there already and is getting ready to renegotiate

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: SEC signs deal with comcast - Gray Avenger - 07-21-2014 08:13 AM

DirecTV is now the lone hold out. When they give in, as I am sure they finally will, I will downgrade or even drop my subscription if necessary to avoid paying one penny to support the damned SEC. 03-puke

RE: SEC signs deal with comcast - quo vadis - 07-21-2014 08:40 AM

(07-20-2014 11:26 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  No the b10 is there already and is getting ready to renegotiate

This is very true. The dirty secret underlying the SEC Network is that it still contains the remnants of the awful terms that Slive signed on to with ESPN in 2008. The legacy of that bad deal will cost the SEC hundreds of millions over the next 20 years, and because Delany did not sell out to ESPN back then, the B1G will make hundreds of millions more than the SEC during that time as well.

Slive is called a genius by the media, but no commissioner has probably ever cost their conference more money than Slive did with the 2008 deal he signed with ESPN. ESPN correctly forecast that the market for college sports was going to boom, while Slive was clueless.