CSNbbs
Burger King to start selling gay burgers - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Burger King to start selling gay burgers (/thread-694043.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Burger King to start selling gay burgers - smn1256 - 07-02-2014 08:27 PM

Burger Queen?

Anyway, hey you LGBTQers, how does it feel to be exploited for a buck?

Quote:[Image: Proud_Whopper_Burger_King.jpg]

Burger King to start selling gay burgers Fast food giant has revealed the Proud Whopper, a burger with a very special message for Gay Pride

Burger King is to start selling gay burgers.

The fast-food giant has revealed The Proud Whopper, a limited edition product only sold for one week in one city.

San Francisco customers got a first taste of the burger during Sunday’s pride parade, wanting to see what made this patty different from any other.

When diners unwrapped the rainbow wrapper and got the taste, they found it was exactly the same as any other burger.

To emphasize the point, the interior comes with a second message: ‘We Are All The Same Inside’.

The campaign was conceived just a few months ago as a way for Burger King to bring the company’s new ‘Be Your Way’ tagline to life, changed from the decades old ‘Have It Your Way’.

‘As a brand, we welcome everyone,’ a Burger King spokesman has said. ‘We felt the Proud Whopper could bring to life a message of equality, self-expression, authenticity and just being who you are.’

Burger King also sponsored pride parades in New York and San Francisco, as well as making sure Gay Star News UK readers in London, Brighton and Manchester got special offers in our Jean Paul Gaultier-designed bags.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/burger-king-start-selling-gay-burgers020714

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - Smaug - 07-02-2014 08:33 PM

In other words, still tastes like ****.

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - THE NC Herd Fan - 07-02-2014 08:38 PM

I've seen some of their signs promoting these..

[Image: bkanus.jpg]

[Image: anus-burger-250x289.jpg]

[Image: The-Anus.jpg]

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - SumOfAllFears - 07-02-2014 08:40 PM

Burger King is packing the meat.

Burger King to start selling gay burgers - dmacfour - 07-02-2014 08:46 PM

Cringe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - EagleRockCafe - 07-02-2014 08:49 PM

Just one more reason to buy even more

[Image: nvqteb.jpg]

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - smn1256 - 07-02-2014 08:55 PM

I'd avoid the special sauce.

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - THE NC Herd Fan - 07-02-2014 08:59 PM

(07-02-2014 08:55 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  I'd avoid the special sauce.

I'm sure they'll say it's just Mayonnaise. 03-puke

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - AngryAphid - 07-02-2014 09:15 PM

I guess the question “What comes on a Whopper” has become a bit more ambiguous.

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - QuestionSocratic - 07-02-2014 09:22 PM

(07-02-2014 09:15 PM)AngryAphid Wrote:  I guess the question “What comes on a Whopper” has become a bit more ambiguous.

Fudge?

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - EagleX - 07-02-2014 09:29 PM

It gets worse.

To emphasize the point, the interior comes with a second message: ‘We Are All The Same Inside’.

. . . inside of what?

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - smn1256 - 07-02-2014 09:50 PM

(07-02-2014 09:15 PM)AngryAphid Wrote:  I guess the question “What comes on a Whopper” has become a bit more ambiguous.

Not what, who? And the answer is this guy.

[Image: 1384048980-buenos-aires-2013-gay-pride-p...188380.jpg]

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - oklalittledixie - 07-02-2014 10:07 PM

(07-02-2014 08:38 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  I've seen some of their signs promoting these..

[Image: bkanus.jpg]

[Image: anus-burger-250x289.jpg]

[Image: The-Anus.jpg]

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - HeartOfDixie - 07-02-2014 10:16 PM

I don't eat fast food but if I do I won't eat at BK. Ill vote with my dollars as well.

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - Murray007 - 07-02-2014 10:17 PM

^^^ Same opinion as HOD.

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - Smaug - 07-02-2014 10:21 PM

Know what's NOT news?

I wouldn't feed Burger King food to a stray dog with the mange.

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - Tom in Lazybrook - 07-02-2014 10:32 PM

(07-02-2014 08:27 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Burger Queen?

Anyway, hey you LGBTQers, how does it feel to be exploited for a buck?

Quote:[Image: Proud_Whopper_Burger_King.jpg]

Burger King to start selling gay burgers Fast food giant has revealed the Proud Whopper, a burger with a very special message for Gay Pride

Burger King is to start selling gay burgers.

The fast-food giant has revealed The Proud Whopper, a limited edition product only sold for one week in one city.

San Francisco customers got a first taste of the burger during Sunday’s pride parade, wanting to see what made this patty different from any other.

When diners unwrapped the rainbow wrapper and got the taste, they found it was exactly the same as any other burger.

The campaign was conceived just a few months ago as a way for Burger King to bring the company’s new ‘Be Your Way’ tagline to life, changed from the decades old ‘Have It Your Way’.

‘As a brand, we welcome everyone,’ a Burger King spokesman has said. ‘We felt the Proud Whopper could bring to life a message of equality, self-expression, authenticity and just being who you are.’

Burger King also sponsored pride parades in New York and San Francisco, as well as making sure Gay Star News UK readers in London, Brighton and Manchester got special offers in our Jean Paul Gaultier-designed bags.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/burger-king-start-selling-gay-burgers020714

On one hand, it is a blatent marketing ploy. On another we still need corporate allies in our push for full equality/inclusion/access in society.

I'm good with it. Not going to make a special trip to the BK Lounge, but overall, its a positive message.

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - Cali_Cat - 07-02-2014 10:39 PM

Thank God for capitalism!! They are going to make a lot of money and make conservatives cry at the same time! Good deal 04-cheers

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - Smaug - 07-02-2014 10:42 PM

(07-02-2014 10:39 PM)Cali_Cat Wrote:  Thank God for capitalism!! They are going to make a lot of money and make conservatives cry at the same time! Good deal 04-cheers

Wait. What?

Who cares? I'm no more or less inclined to eat there than before this announcement.

BK sucks. They sucked yesterday. They suck today. Odds are they'll suck tomorrow.

RE: Burger King to start selling gay burgers - BcatMatt13 - 07-02-2014 10:55 PM

(07-02-2014 10:42 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 10:39 PM)Cali_Cat Wrote:  Thank God for capitalism!! They are going to make a lot of money and make conservatives cry at the same time! Good deal 04-cheers

Wait. What?

Who cares? I'm no more or less inclined to eat there than before this announcement.

BK sucks. They sucked yesterday. They suck today. Odds are they'll suck tomorrow.

Burger King doesn't give a **** about LGBT people. They have fallen way behind in the fast food market and are desperate for business.