CSNbbs
When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There (/thread-693864.html)

Pages: 1 2

When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - oklalittledixie - 07-01-2014 08:57 AM

The company raised its full-time wages from $13 to $14 per hour – almost double the federal minimum wage – in April of last year. Hobby Lobby also opened more than 30 new stores across the U.S. last year, creating over 1,000 additional jobs.

So, to be clear, liberals are upset about a company that still offers birth control and pays their employees a minimum wage of $14 an hour.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/152495-hobby-lobbys-haters-find-much-pays-employees-may-just-want-get-job/

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - Niner National - 07-01-2014 09:41 AM

(07-01-2014 08:57 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  The company raised its full-time wages from $13 to $14 per hour – almost double the federal minimum wage – in April of last year. Hobby Lobby also opened more than 30 new stores across the U.S. last year, creating over 1,000 additional jobs.

So, to be clear, liberals are upset about a company that still offers birth control and pays their employees a minimum wage of $14 an hour.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/152495-hobby-lobbys-haters-find-much-pays-employees-may-just-want-get-job/

WalMart's full time wages are pretty nice too. The reality though is that few people in retail actually work a full time hourly job. When I worked at Sears in college, team leads made $15/hr, but there were only 2 or 3 of those in the store. I made more than that with commission anyway.

They'd do much better highlighting that they pay part time employees $9.50. That's a solid retail hourly wage (but still a ****** income).

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - SumOfAllFears - 07-01-2014 09:43 AM

Putting out the "war on women" narrative is only for the ill-informed plantation women. It has worked well for democrats in the past and will probably continue because a majority of apathetic women exist today and the false talking points, fabricated in focus groups is the thing that is running rampant.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - oklalittledixie - 07-01-2014 09:46 AM

(07-01-2014 09:41 AM)Niner National Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 08:57 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  The company raised its full-time wages from $13 to $14 per hour – almost double the federal minimum wage – in April of last year. Hobby Lobby also opened more than 30 new stores across the U.S. last year, creating over 1,000 additional jobs.

WalMart's full time wages are pretty nice too. The reality though is that few people in retail actually work a full time hourly job. When I worked at Sears in college, team leads made $15/hr, but there were only 2 or 3 of those in the store. I made more than that with commission anyway.

They'd do much better highlighting that they pay part time employees $9.50. That's a solid retail hourly wage (but still a ****** income).

Hobby Lobby has over 15k full time employees and they make around $14 hourly.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - Niner National - 07-01-2014 10:05 AM

That's pretty solid then. Is that salary or salary + benefits come out to be $14/hr? If that is salary alone and then they get benefits on top of that, that's among the best compensation in retail.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - HeartOfDixie - 07-01-2014 10:36 AM

Many of those folks aren't interested in a job of any kind.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - UofMemphis - 07-01-2014 10:56 AM

I could work for a religious company (I've done it before)...Hobby Lobby pays well and the work can't be too hard...at work I simply don't talk about Politics, Religion, or Sex...tends to make for a better work environment since American's have such differing opinions.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - Machiavelli - 07-01-2014 11:59 AM

You know it's not paranoia when they are really after you. The GOP has a women and listening problem.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - SumOfAllFears - 07-01-2014 12:01 PM

(07-01-2014 11:59 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  You know it's not paranoia when they are really after you. The GOP has a women and listening problem.

You know it's a little early in the day to be drunk. Starting the weekend early?

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - bevotex - 07-01-2014 12:03 PM

(07-01-2014 11:59 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  You know it's not paranoia when they are really after you. The GOP has a women and listening problem.

Liberal Mantra

[Image: the-sky-is-falling-2-chicken-little.jpg]

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - HeartOfDixie - 07-01-2014 12:11 PM

You can say women don't like the GOP all you want but it doesn't make it true. The people who were all happy in front of the Suprme Court yesterday were women.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - LSU04_08 - 07-01-2014 01:39 PM

Well how about that... in less than one full work week, that raise allows women to go buy birth control... HMPF, and I thought there was a war against women.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - oklalittledixie - 07-01-2014 01:53 PM

(07-01-2014 12:11 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  You can say women don't like the GOP all you want but it doesn't make it true. The people who were all happy in front of the Suprme Court yesterday were women.

04-cheers Liberals want people to believe women are simple little creatures that only care about reproductive rights. Just helpless little women that can only think about spitting out babies.

Megyn Kelly had a woman on her show last night that simply said, conservative values are better for women.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - HeartOfDixie - 07-01-2014 01:55 PM

(07-01-2014 01:53 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 12:11 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  You can say women don't like the GOP all you want but it doesn't make it true. The people who were all happy in front of the Suprme Court yesterday were women.

04-cheers Liberals want people to believe women are simple little creatures that only care about reproductive rights. Just helpless little women that can only think about spitting out babies.

Megyn Kelly had a woman on her show last night that simply said, conservative values are better for women.

The left seems to think that all women are after are free abortions and casual sex. It seems to blow their minds that millions of women across the country don't think that is the sum total of their aspirations.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - Machiavelli - 07-01-2014 02:42 PM

That's one of my favorites though.....

It's not paranoia...... When there really after ya

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - LSU04_08 - 07-01-2014 02:44 PM

(07-01-2014 02:42 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  That's one of my favorites though.....

It's not paranoia...... When there really after ya

Hey man, you're getting rusty...

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - sparkomemphis - 07-01-2014 02:59 PM

liberals think that not requiring someone else to pay for an item is equal to denying the person from getting an item.

so I purpose that we have a gun control bill that states that ones employer is not required to purchase a plan that would buy the employee a gun and tell them that is denying the employee from getting a gun.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - UofMemphis - 07-01-2014 03:03 PM

(07-01-2014 02:59 PM)sparkomemphis Wrote:  liberals think that not requiring someone else to pay for an item is equal to denying the person from getting an item.

so I purpose that we have a gun control bill that states that ones employer is not required to purchase a plan that would buy the employee a gun and tell them that is denying the employee from getting a gun.

I wanted Hobby Lobby to follow the law...nothing more.

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - HeartOfDixie - 07-01-2014 03:03 PM

(07-01-2014 03:03 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:59 PM)sparkomemphis Wrote:  liberals think that not requiring someone else to pay for an item is equal to denying the person from getting an item.

You want them to follow a regulation or a law?

RE: When Hobby Lobby’s Critics Find Out How it Pays, They Might Want To Get A Job There - sparkomemphis - 07-01-2014 03:09 PM

(07-01-2014 03:03 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

which law,
the first amendment and the law that states that they may sue the government for violating it
or
the one that violates the first amendment ?