CSNbbs
Marshall IPF nearing completion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Marshall IPF nearing completion (/thread-693473.html)

Pages: 1 2

Marshall IPF nearing completion - MUHERD76 - 06-26-2014 09:22 PM

Target finish date is the first week in August. Still some work to do but it appears that things will be finished on time. Our AD "Mike Hamrick" says this will be one of the top 3 IPF's in the entire country.

[Image: IAF3660-X2.jpg]

[Image: IAF3601-X2.jpg]

[Image: IAF3580-X2.jpg]

[Image: IAF3692-X2.jpg]

[Image: IAF3546-X2.jpg]

[Image: IAF3532-X2.jpg]

[Image: IAF3957-X2.jpg]

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - cocky - 06-28-2014 11:36 AM

Top 3? Any idea who the other 2 are that are/might be better? I'd love to see them.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - Niner National - 06-28-2014 11:38 AM

I'm glad you guys actually put some effort into the exterior as well. Looks much better than some of the big metal boxes other schools have.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - monarchman - 06-28-2014 11:47 AM

Very nice facility.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - AndreWhere - 06-28-2014 11:49 AM

Somebody's gonna need a suitcase soon...

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - HerdZoned - 06-28-2014 12:25 PM

(06-28-2014 11:49 AM)AndreWhere Wrote:  Somebody's gonna need a suitcase soon...

We're not going anywhere...

Pictures don't do this thing justice. The IAC is ginormous. The thing is the soccer stadium and IAC should have been built in the late 90s early 2000s. That is if we had the proper leadership, we didn't. We didn't have the proper leadership at the president level until 2005 and at the AD level until 2009.

Once the HOF, Academic Center and Sports Medicine facilities open we will have the proper facilities for all of our student athletes. They will have the right place to go to study and do research with the academic center and the right place to be diagnosed with an injury and place to rehab that injury with the Sports Medicine facility.

(06-28-2014 11:36 AM)cocky Wrote:  Top 3? Any idea who the other 2 are that are/might be better? I'd love to see them.

One place I know it isn't and that's in Morgantown. When the rendering came out for Marshall's IAC in 2011, the Who's message boards went into total meltdown mode. They were demanding the state to build them a better one.

The Who has a lil 70 yard IPF that is football only and you can't kick or punt in it.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - ECUgradstudent - 06-28-2014 02:51 PM

That looks great! I love that is it so multi-purpose as well. Any idea what the final price tag for it is expected to be?

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - lmckay92 - 06-28-2014 03:20 PM

I don't have any photos, but this thing is so big they were using orange helicopters to put the roof in place.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - ODU AGGIE - 06-28-2014 05:29 PM

Great looking facility. You guys have every right to be proud of it.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - banker - 06-28-2014 11:00 PM

Have you seen Navy's IPF? It's amazing what the government can build with your tax dollars (but I'm actually okay with it in this case. Give the service academies whatever they want).

http://www.hksinc.com/places/u-s-naval-academy-wesley-brown-field-house/

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - winston70 - 06-28-2014 11:36 PM

Looks really nice and will help out with recruiting

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - OldGoldnBlue - 06-28-2014 11:54 PM

(06-28-2014 12:25 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(06-28-2014 11:49 AM)AndreWhere Wrote:  Somebody's gonna need a suitcase soon...

Pictures don't do this thing justice. The IAC is ginormous. The thing is the soccer stadium and IAC should have been built in the late 90s early 2000s. That is if we had the proper leadership, we didn't. We didn't have the proper leadership at the president level until 2005 and at the AD level until 2009.

Once the HOF, Academic Center and Sports Medicine facilities open we will have the proper facilities for all of our student athletes. They will have the right place to go to study and do research with the academic center and the right place to be diagnosed with an injury and place to rehab that injury with the Sports Medicine facility.

(06-28-2014 11:36 AM)cocky Wrote:  Top 3? Any idea who the other 2 are that are/might be better? I'd love to see them.

One place I know it isn't and that's in Morgantown. When the rendering came out for Marshall's IAC in 2011, the Who's message boards went into total meltdown mode. They were demanding the state to build them a better one.

The Who has a lil 70 yard IPF that is football only and you can't kick or punt in it.

lol someone asks a question and you immediately bring up WVU. You guys are so obsessed with WVU it's hilarious.

No our message boards didn't go into meltdown mode and no we didn't demand the state build us another one. We can afford to build one on our own but the problem is there is no where to put it. Your facility is very nice but if you think our fans give a crap about your building you're just plain out wrong. We don't really care what you guys do, you're not a rival and never were.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - BleedsGreen33 - 06-29-2014 12:45 AM

(06-28-2014 11:54 PM)OldGoldnBlue Wrote:  

lol someone asks a question and you immediately bring up WVU. You guys are so obsessed with WVU it's hilarious.

No our message boards didn't go into meltdown mode and no we didn't demand the state build us another one. We can afford to build one on our own but the problem is there is no where to put it. Your facility is very nice but if you think our fans give a crap about your building you're just plain out wrong. We don't really care what you guys do, you're not a rival and never were.

We're the ones obsessed yet here you are trolling a CUSA board. Hmmm. And your fans do give a crap because your IPF is garbage. It is only about 70 yards and when your drunk head coach isn't busy blaming Marshall and ECU for starving your players he is blaming the IPF for not being big enough to punt in as reasons for why your team absolutely sucks and will probably win 3-4 games this year.

You claim we aren't your rivals and you don't care about us yet you eeriots troll all over our boards, run your mouths on the comment sections of our team sections of various WV papers, and even have twitter accounts that are fully dedicated to the keeping up with and slamming Marshall. You all can't stand when we are successful. Especially when you all suck as bad as you do. Why don't you see if you can score a point on Maryland this year. I've also heard that Kansas is anxiously awaiting their 2nd conference win in three years when they play you guys seeing how you gave them their 1st.

You're president is a racist
Your AD is a horse faced scum bag
Your basketball coach is a drunk and walking heart attack
Your football coach is a drunk
Your fans are classless

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - perimeterpost - 06-29-2014 05:38 AM

I'm not trying to be funny but what's so special about this IPF? It looks like all the other ones I've seen.

At 105,000 sqft its much smaller than Akron's 155,500 sqft IPF which is also fully equipped to hold indoor track meets.

http://www.gozips.com/athletics/facilities/stile

Again, not trying to be funny but I don't see how this can be the best in the country when its not even the best in the MAC. What am I missing?

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - banker - 06-29-2014 10:09 AM

(06-29-2014 05:38 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  

I'm not trying to be funny but what's so special about this IPF? It looks like all the other ones I've seen.

At 105,000 sqft its much smaller than Akron's 155,500 sqft IPF which is also fully equipped to hold indoor track meets.

Again, not trying to be funny but I don't see how this can be the best in the country when its not even the best in the MAC. What am I missing?

Ours and Akron's are basically the same thing. The difference in size is attributed to things like their new weight facility being part of the building while we already had a new strength and conditioning center built adjacent to where the IAF is being completed. Looking at the two facilities I would venture to say the same firm designed both.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - HerdZoned - 06-29-2014 10:36 AM

(06-29-2014 05:38 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  I'm not trying to be funny but what's so special about this IPF? It looks like all the other ones I've seen.

I think it comes down to incorporating the academic center and sports medicine facility with the IAC. The top engineer from AE Com Sports who is in charge of the building the IAC, HoF, academic center and sports medicine facility said he had never seen or built anything like this together. And that Marshall would be the 1st.

Our student athletes will have a place to practice, learn/do research, be diagnosed with an injury and rehab all in the same encompassed area. This is what I see that sets Marshall's facility apart from others.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - OldGoldnBlue - 06-29-2014 11:23 AM

(06-29-2014 12:45 AM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  
(06-28-2014 11:54 PM)OldGoldnBlue Wrote:  

We're the ones obsessed yet here you are trolling a CUSA board. Hmmm. And your fans do give a crap because your IPF is garbage. It is only about 70 yards and when your drunk head coach isn't busy blaming Marshall and ECU for starving your players he is blaming the IPF for not being big enough to punt in as reasons for why your team absolutely sucks and will probably win 3-4 games this year.

You claim we aren't your rivals and you don't care about us yet you eeriots troll all over our boards, run your mouths on the comment sections of our team sections of various WV papers, and even have twitter accounts that are fully dedicated to the keeping up with and slamming Marshall. You all can't stand when we are successful. Especially when you all suck as bad as you do. Why don't you see if you can score a point on Maryland this year. I've also heard that Kansas is anxiously awaiting their 2nd conference win in three years when they play you guys seeing how you gave them their 1st.

You're president is a racist
Your AD is a horse faced scum bag
Your basketball coach is a drunk and walking heart attack
Your football coach is a drunk
Your fans are classless

This is a Conference USA board not a Marshall board. I visit pretty much every active board on this site because I'm a college football fan. How am I the one trolling when you guys are the ones bringing up WVU? If WVU wasn't mentioned I would have read the thread and went on my merry way, but no Marshall's obsession with WVU had to rear its ugly head.

And yes Kansas and Maryland were able to do something that the mighty Thundering Herd will NEVER accomplish in beating WVU in football.

BTW what is Doc's record vs the drunk Holgs? Bball record vs the drunk Huggs? The horse faced scumbag kept WVU in one of the elite conferences in college football while Marshall got left behind in a conference that is on the same level as the MAC and Sunbelt. Hey at least you got a new IPF though congrats lol.

Marshall IPF nearing completion - MUTeke - 06-29-2014 11:50 AM

WVU fans are like Candyman. Mention Marshall three times and they show up out of no where to murder the thread.

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - HerdZoned - 06-29-2014 12:40 PM

(06-29-2014 11:50 AM)MUTeke Wrote:  WVU fans are like Candyman. Mention Marshall three times and they show up out of no where to murder the thread.

Just for the Who Troll that I have on ignore and haven't read a thing you've said:

Feed The Players

RE: Marshall IPF nearing completion - RonBurgundy - 06-29-2014 01:23 PM

That facility is looking good. We really need to get one at Tech that could be used for both football, baseball, and track. Just gotta find somewhere to put it...