CSNbbs
ACC Is Playing Chess To - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: ACC Is Playing Chess To (/thread-693178.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

ACC Is Playing Chess To - BIgCatonProwl - 06-23-2014 09:40 PM

Interesting document or brief produced by the ACC with interesting intelligence on the other 4 conference/competitors. Really shows the B12 is in serious long term trouble in comparison to the other conferences.
Document

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - Maize - 06-23-2014 10:51 PM

(06-23-2014 09:40 PM)BIgCatonProwl Wrote:  Interesting document or brief produced by the ACC with interesting intelligence on the other 4 conference/competitors. Really shows the B12 is in serious long term trouble in comparison to the other conferences.
Document

The ACC is in a good place but always remember...the Big XII has two Aces in Texas and Oklahoma....keep them happy and the Big XII will be just fine...

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - jml2010 - 06-23-2014 11:16 PM

(06-23-2014 10:51 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(06-23-2014 09:40 PM)BIgCatonProwl Wrote:  Interesting document or brief produced by the ACC with interesting intelligence on the other 4 conference/competitors. Really shows the B12 is in serious long term trouble in comparison to the other conferences.
Document

The ACC is in a good place but always remember...the Big XII has two Aces in Texas and Oklahoma....keep them happy and the Big XII will be just fine...

The Big 12 has 4 members that keep the rest happy. The Texoma 4( Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma & Oklahoma St) could leave at any moment and the other 6 will have to find a life raft. Yes, I realize it takes a 75% vote to disband but when the Texoma 4 get tired of this crap, loopholes will be found despite the threat of lawsuits. I realize this is the conference realignment board but there is 0 chance we take commuter schools that have trouble selling out their new 40k seat stadium. There is 0 chance we invite anyone else unless the committee says we have to. When the committee say we have to add, we leave. Simple as that.

I'm sure it sucks to be kicked to the curb but grow the heck up. Maize-- this was not directed at you. The PAC 12 wants/needs the State of Texas and they still haven't given Houston the the time of day despite what the "insiders" on cooghigh fans say.

THE BIG 12 IS NOT expanding unless the Texoma 4 leave---- go beg the leftovers after we move. No amount of summer spin will change that.

Can we get some freaking football going????

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - jml2010 - 06-23-2014 11:30 PM

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2014/06/23/Colleges/Patterson.aspx

Quote:Pending NCAA changes that would grant the five power leagues more autonomy: “It’s a part of the everyday business right now. There’s five conferences that want to do the best they can for their student athletes and provide them with the best outcomes. There’s a bunch of other schools that are fairly atavistic in their viewpoints and want to take the rules back to 1950. That’s not going to happen. They need to let the more well-resourced conferences operate, or these five conferences need to leave. It’s that simple. We’ve waited far too long and we’ve been far too accommodating. … I think there’s a harder and harder resolve as each day goes by for the institutions in higher-profile conferences to take the necessary moves.”

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - ncbeta - 06-23-2014 11:35 PM

Wow, and I thought the boys on the AAC board were spin masters. This is grade A stuff right here....

[Image: B7zFbfv.jpg]

03-lmfao

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - EmeryZach - 06-24-2014 07:30 AM

Too?

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - 10thMountain - 06-24-2014 07:56 AM

Interesting.

My only issue is that the ACC is counting NYC numbers as "theirs" when really it isn't anyone's.

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - 1845 Bear - 06-24-2014 08:09 AM

(06-23-2014 11:35 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  Wow, and I thought the boys on the AAC board were spin masters. This is grade A stuff right here....

03-lmfao

No kidding. The pay per school was hilarious in that it:

a- Undervalues the Big 12 deal both in distributed amounts and the t3 tv rights which at minimum kick off 2-3mm for the smaller schools.
b- Acts like the SECN isn't going to add value
c- Acts like the B1G isn't going to get a raise in 2016 per school when they hit the open market
d- Acts like the PAC is somehow never going to turn a profit on their t3 network

They spun it so that the #5 tv payout league is ranked #2... hilarious.

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - jayrutgers - 06-24-2014 09:39 AM

(06-24-2014 07:56 AM)10thMountain Wrote:  Interesting.

My only issue is that the ACC is counting NYC numbers as "theirs" when really it isn't anyone's.

Yep, especially because if the B1G released a similar report you best believe that NYC would be included in theirs.

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - TerryD - 06-24-2014 10:00 AM

Isn't all of this "My conference can beat up your conference in $$$$" back and forth getting the least bit tiring to anyone yet?

Anyone else suffering from CR Fatigue Syndrome?

When is kickoff?

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - mj4life - 06-24-2014 10:07 AM

(06-24-2014 08:09 AM)1845 Bear Wrote:  
(06-23-2014 11:35 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  Wow, and I thought the boys on the AAC board were spin masters. This is grade A stuff right here....

03-lmfao

a- Undervalues the Big 12 deal both in distributed amounts and the t3 tv rights which at minimum kick off 2-3mm for the smaller schools.
c- Acts like the B1G isn't going to get a raise in 2016 per school when they hit the open market
d- Acts like the PAC is somehow never going to turn a profit on their t3 network

The bottom line is if your school wants to compete at the highest level then being in one of the P5 conferences helps you do that. This document is meant to promote the ACC's positives, so in that sense it is spin but I don't see much difference in that & what states when self promoting themselves to potential people or businesses moving to their state. It's not like NC is going to promote competing states assets when trying lure a company to the state or vise versa

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - BewareThePhog - 06-24-2014 10:23 AM

(06-24-2014 10:00 AM)TerryD Wrote:  Isn't all of this "My conference can beat up your conference in $$$$" back and forth getting the least bit tiring to anyone yet?

When is kickoff?
04-cheers

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - bullet - 06-24-2014 10:41 AM

Document

This document was ripped to shreds a couple of months ago when it was first made public. Its an amateurish puff piece that doesn't even have simple numbers right. Just for a couple of examples, the SEC's USA Today averages are closer to 100 than 120. And the TV contract lengths are wrong. Sounds like Swofford hired his 12 year old grandson to do it.

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - IceJus10 - 06-24-2014 11:02 AM

It is interesting how they count past appearances by members in National Championship Games and NCAA Tourneys, of new members, who weren't members of the conference when those appearances were made, as ACC conference appearances.

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - ncbeta - 06-24-2014 02:54 PM

(06-24-2014 10:41 AM)bullet Wrote:  
Document

This document was ripped to shreds a couple of months ago when it was first made public. Its an amateurish puff piece that doesn't even have simple numbers right. Just for a couple of examples, the SEC's USA Today averages are closer to 100 than 120. And the TV contract lengths are wrong. Sounds like Swofford hired his 12 year old grandson to do it.

Isn't his son the head of media for raycom or something like that? It wouldn't surprise me.

(06-24-2014 10:00 AM)TerryD Wrote:  Isn't all of this "My conference can beat up your conference in $$$$" back and forth getting the least bit tiring to anyone yet?

When is kickoff?
me!

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - Tigeer - 06-24-2014 03:49 PM

(06-24-2014 02:54 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  
(06-24-2014 10:41 AM)bullet Wrote:  
Document

Isn't his son the head of media for raycom or something like that? It wouldn't surprise me.

When is kickoff?
me!

Been tired of it since 2003.

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - JRsec - 06-24-2014 04:33 PM

(06-24-2014 08:09 AM)1845 Bear Wrote:  

03-lmfao

It's an old piece. The USN&WR rankings were from 2011, and much of the other data is 2 to 3 years old as well. I'm not so sure that it isn't a parody of the original piece which was horrendous on its own. Look at the realignment footprint maps and I think you'll see this report is bogus.

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - wimsmatthew - 06-24-2014 05:08 PM

I love that the ACC actually thinks they control Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, New York, and Pennsylvania entirely. That's pretty funny. Just because there are millions of people in New York doesn't mean they watch Syracuse football. I mean, come on. Not to mention, everyone knows that even in a down year, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida will always be SEC country. The ACC has three real states: Virginia, North Carolina, and Massachusetts, and that is because there is no other BCS power conference in those three.

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - cuseroc - 06-24-2014 06:11 PM

(06-24-2014 05:08 PM)wimsmatthew Wrote:  I love that the ACC actually thinks they control Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, New York, and Pennsylvania entirely. That's pretty funny. Just because there are millions of people in New York doesn't mean they watch Syracuse football. I mean, come on. Not to mention, everyone knows that even in a down year, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida will always be SEC country. The ACC has three real states: Virginia, North Carolina, and Massachusetts, and that is because there is no other BCS power conference in those three.

Do you think the SEC controls Florida entirely? I would venture to say that Miami and FSU collectively controls more of Florida than UF. but that's just my perception. Regardless, the main point is if the Acc can't claim Florida, entirely, then neither can the SEC. The same goes for South Carolina and Georgia, and even Kentucky. Regarding SU, it is by far the most popular school in the State of NY, and unquestionably controls Upstae NY, with it's seven plus million people. Syracuse has enough fans in the City and Long Island to matter, even if ND, (another ACC school) is a little more popular there. So if the Acc can't claim the State of NY, then who can?

RE: ACC Is Playing Chess To - XLance - 06-24-2014 06:17 PM

(06-23-2014 11:16 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  
(06-23-2014 10:51 PM)Maize Wrote:  
Document

The Big 12 has 4 members that keep the rest happy. The Texoma 4( Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma & Oklahoma St) could leave at any moment and the other 6 will have to find a life raft. Yes, I realize it takes a 75% vote to disband but when the Texoma 4 get tired of this crap, loopholes will be found despite the threat of lawsuits. I realize this is the conference realignment board but there is 0 chance we take commuter schools that have trouble selling out their new 40k seat stadium. There is 0 chance we invite anyone else unless the committee says we have to. When the committee say we have to add, we leave. Simple as that.

I'm sure it sucks to be kicked to the curb but grow the heck up. Maize-- this was not directed at you. The PAC 12 wants/needs the State of Texas and they still haven't given Houston the the time of day despite what the "insiders" on cooghigh fans say.

THE BIG 12 IS NOT expanding unless the Texoma 4 leave---- go beg the leftovers after we move. No amount of summer spin will change that.

Can we get some freaking football going????

Interesting.
I always thought that the Big 12 pecking order (top 4) was:
Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas
West Virginia

I never realized that Oklahoma State and Texas Tech held so much power.