CSNbbs
SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... (/thread-692902.html)

Pages: 1 2

SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - PirateHeist - 06-20-2014 10:43 AM

Should be a fun season !
teams you don't want to be a fan of

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - ECUGrad07 - 06-20-2014 10:49 AM

Who cares what one idiot thinks? I think the UCONN fans on here are realistic, and have been respectful towards us.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - PirateHeist - 06-20-2014 10:51 AM

(06-20-2014 10:49 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Who cares what one idiot thinks? I think the UCONN fans on here are realistic, and have been respectful towards us.

Agreed.. Just 05-stirthepot on a slow day.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - blunderbuss - 06-20-2014 10:57 AM

I think you misread the article. UConn isn't saying anything... as if one person can speak for an entire university in the first place. 01-wingedeagle

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - Pony94 - 06-20-2014 11:11 AM

Well an article for Tulsa

http://consumerist.com/2014/06/19/there-must-be-something-in-the-water-yet-another-tulsa-shopper-accused-of-masturbating-in-walmart/

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - HartfordHusky - 06-20-2014 11:18 AM

I agree with the ECU fans that they were not the program the writer should have called out. Just goes to show has unfamiliar even our local sports media is with our new conference mates though. ECU, Cinci, UCF, BSU, and BYU are all games that UConn will be a huge underdog for, I'd be happy to win 2 of the 5.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - UConnHusky - 06-20-2014 11:29 AM

This Michael Weinreb is a tad harsh on UConn. UConn moved up to FBS in 2000 and, until Pasqualoni was hired, the program was hailed as being one of the greatest success stories of a team moving up from FCS to FBS as UConn was competitive right from the start. The last three years with Pasqualoni were brutal, though.

3 bad years out of 14 makes UConn look worse than we are. It calculates to us being terrible for 21% of the time we have been at the FBS level (and that 21% is fresh on the minds of everyone since it is the most recent history).

I am not going to lie and tell you that it hasn't been hard to watch UConn football the last few season, because it has. However, these things are cyclical and every team has a down period (Louisville with Kragthorpe being a good example).

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - ecumbh1999 - 06-20-2014 11:35 AM

No what funny he get mad at someone taking a shot at UConn, but then doesn't do any research, google sereaches would have been good enough, then proceeds to do the same thing.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - SuperFlyBCat - 06-20-2014 11:41 AM

UConn has had really good fan support at the Rent and has had many good seasons.
Just another silly article.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - UConnHusky - 06-20-2014 11:41 AM

(06-20-2014 11:35 AM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  No what funny he get mad at someone taking a shot at UConn, but then doesn't do any research, google sereaches would have been good enough, then proceeds to do the same thing.

True. Only someone who knows nothing about college football would take a shot at ECU this year. In my opinion, ECU will be the conference champ and will also take that access bowl slot.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - AACtopER - 06-20-2014 12:34 PM

(06-20-2014 11:41 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  
(06-20-2014 11:35 AM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  No what funny he get mad at someone taking a shot at UConn, but then doesn't do any research, google sereaches would have been good enough, then proceeds to do the same thing.

True. Only someone who knows nothing about college football would take a shot at ECU this year. In my opinion, ECU will be the conference champ and will also take that access bowl slot.

Thanks for the good words, however I don't think ECU will be the conference champ. We won't be able to pull a UCF in the first year. Carden and his company are good, however Oline and D need some inspection, as a significant amount of players have left. That being said, I don't think UCF will redo this 2nd time around, I honestly think UCF without bortles is a another mid-major like the rest of us. Almost losing to temple is evidence that the single biggest contributor for the team is Bortles.

UH or Cinncy have my pick.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - ECUGrad07 - 06-20-2014 12:44 PM

(06-20-2014 12:34 PM)AACtopER Wrote:  

Thanks for the good words, however I don't think ECU will be the conference champ. We won't be able to pull a UCF in the first year. Carden and his company are good, however Oline and D need some inspection, as a significant amount of players have left. That being said, I don't think UCF will redo this 2nd time around, I honestly think UCF without bortles is a another mid-major like the rest of us. Almost losing to temple is evidence that the single biggest contributor for the team is Bortles.

Eh... I think UCF's defense alone will keep them in contention in the American for years to come. UCF has never been known as an explosive offensive team, IMO. They have been a team that will pound you with the run game, and exploit you with the pass when you load the box. They just lucked out to have such a special combo with Bortles & Storm Johnson last year. Was a perfect "storm", if you will.

Defense wins championships. Even in the era of the spread, defense STILL wins championships. UCF has the luxury of a great defense.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - Ned Low - 06-20-2014 08:11 PM

(06-20-2014 12:34 PM)AACtopER Wrote:  

I have to agree, although my thoughts on this matter are all over the place...

ECU will definitely contend barring a complete collapse.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - ncbeta - 06-20-2014 08:38 PM

Funny article. Good for a laugh..nothing to get real bent out of shape about. I think the guy got the point from the comment section.

ECUgrad07 I agree with your points on UCF. AACTopER, You make some good points about the OL and D, but hopefully we reload without losing too much or maybe even a gain (looking at QM). --- Btw, ECU fans can't rationally discuss FB! What are you guys doing?!!?!?!

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - shere khan - 06-20-2014 09:29 PM

(06-20-2014 10:43 AM)PirateHeist Wrote:  Should be a fun season !
teams you don't want to be a fan of

ha ha. we were runner up. always a bridesmaid.....

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - Piratelife4me - 06-20-2014 11:23 PM

Retraction

Openly apologizes and admits he is familiar with ECU but not the rabid SEC like tailgating scene.

Goes on to say Tulane would have been a better example.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - ecumbh1999 - 06-20-2014 11:45 PM

(06-20-2014 11:23 PM)Piratelife4me Wrote:  Retraction

Openly apologizes and admits he is familiar with ECU but not the rabid SEC like tailgating scene.

03-lmfao Found out quick didn't he? 03-lmfao

But, serious question(s) for him, he has a computer right? He can get on the Internet right? He's heard of Google and youtube right? So, if he didn't know that much about us as fans, using google he could easily find out our average attendance the past five year, heck the past 40 years for that mater and using youtube he could have watched this,

So, finally as a journalist and sport writer for as long as he has been, he really doesn't have an excuse for not knowing, especially today in the Internet age. Yeah, he fudged this one up, lesson learned I guess.

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - ecumbh1999 - 06-20-2014 11:47 PM

(06-20-2014 11:23 PM)Piratelife4me Wrote:  Retraction

Just saw your last line, dear lord man, stop throwing stones because someone threw one at your (his) school.03-banghead

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - ncbeta - 06-21-2014 12:53 AM

Still pretty effed up to Tulane

RE: SIR: UCONN talking smack... in football... - st932253 - 06-21-2014 09:22 AM

UCF def Houston 19-14 last year.

Yes, it was all about Blake.