CSNbbs
Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home (/thread-692604.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - CliftonAve - 06-17-2014 12:38 PM

From UC's beatwriter:

Quote:Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 33m
Hearing that #UC has talked with #Alabama about future football dates. 2015 Nippert opener among possibilities. #Bearcats

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - ECUGrad07 - 06-17-2014 12:47 PM

That would be awesome. I hope it works out.

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - BearcatJerry - 06-17-2014 01:00 PM

Seriously doubt that this comes about.

UC might get a date down in Tuscaloosa, but no way in hell 'Bama's coming to Nippert.

(And I like Tom Groeschen... But this one I am not believing until the Crimson helmets come out of the tunnel.)

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - KnightLight - 06-17-2014 01:29 PM

(06-17-2014 01:00 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Seriously doubt that this comes about.

UC might get a date down in Tuscaloosa, but no way in hell 'Bama's coming to Nippert.

(And I like Tom Groeschen... But this one I am not believing until the Crimson helmets come out of the tunnel.)

While Bama rarely plays non-conf home-home games these days (normally has 3 non-conf home games then a neutral site game) but in the recent past, Bama did play a non-conf road game at tiny Duke (when Duke was really, really, REALLY bad)

[Image: duke-vs-alabama.jpg]

After this season, when Cinci has to play at the Bengals NFL stadium while their historic on-campus stadium is renovated, I hope all future Cinci home games at played at Nippert...and not moved to the NFL Stadium.

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - BearcatMan - 06-17-2014 01:35 PM

I would absolutely ******* hate that...no better way to absolutely wreck any positive momentum from a stadium reopening than to get dropped by 40 points.

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - KnightLight - 06-17-2014 01:41 PM

(06-17-2014 01:35 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  I would absolutely ******* hate that...no better way to absolutely wreck any positive momentum from a stadium reopening than to get dropped by 40 points.

Mean Alabama losing by 40 pts?

Mean Cinci losing by 40 pts?

Who in the heck knows who would win a game played in 2015??

Heck, Div I-AA teams haven't lost by 40 pts to some recent Bama teams, including those that won national titles.

Also, a team that tied with 3 others for 2nd place in the Big 12 last year dominated Bama in their bowl game.

I laugh at posts like the above.

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - Bearcat2012 - 06-17-2014 01:42 PM

(06-17-2014 01:35 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  I would absolutely ******* hate that...no better way to absolutely wreck any positive momentum from a stadium reopening than to get dropped by 40 points.

I will just say I disagree with that ...alot.

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - UofMemphis - 06-17-2014 01:48 PM

We've got Mississippi, Tennessee, UCLA, and Kansas coming to the Liberty Bowl between 2015-2017...should be fun.

You would think Cincy v Bama would be played at Paul Brown Stadium, in front of a packed house, on ESPN.

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - BearcatJerry - 06-17-2014 01:57 PM

Additional reports call some assumptions in the original report into question... For example the proposed date is likely NOT the Nippert opening date since 'Bama already has a game scheduled that day. Or whether or not 2015 game is in Cincinnati or Tuscaloosa since, right now 'Bama only has 6 home games on the schedule. Or whether or not UC is "talking" only with Alambama or multiple SEC programs...[/code]

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - pesik - 06-17-2014 02:06 PM

(06-17-2014 01:41 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Mean Alabama losing by 40 pts?

Mean Cinci losing by 40 pts?

Who in the heck knows who would win a game played in 2015??

Heck, Div I-AA teams haven't lost by 40 pts to some recent Bama teams, including those that won national titles.

Also, a team that tied with 3 others for 2nd place in the Big 12 last year dominated Bama in their bowl game.

I laugh at posts like the above.

its 2015 not 2020...im almost certain they'll still be a top 10 team... and almost guaranteed better in 2015 than 2014..
they lost mccaron but the 2 likely replacements 1 is the highest rated bama qb recruit ever or 2 the fsu transfer who according to fsu's coach will be the best qb bama has had in decades
both will be more experience in the system 2015

no offense to cincy (id say the same about any AAC team) but the chances of winning will be extremely slim borderline faint... but i guess it will depend on what kiel shows us this season

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - SouthPhillyFall - 06-17-2014 03:10 PM

(06-17-2014 01:48 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  We've got Mississippi, Tennessee, UCLA, and Kansas coming to the Liberty Bowl between 2015-2017...should be fun.

And Temple's got Notre Dame and Penn State coming to the Linc next year. Cincy should be able to get Bama to come to Nip

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - KnightLight - 06-17-2014 03:17 PM

(06-17-2014 01:48 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  We've got Mississippi, Tennessee, UCLA, and Kansas coming to the Liberty Bowl between 2015-2017...should be fun.

You would think Cincy v Bama would be played at Paul Brown Stadium, in front of a packed house, on ESPN.

Hope not...as UC is spending $100 Million to add top revenue generating amenities/suites/club seats/loge boxes, etc...to Nippert Stadium so that they don't have to move games to the Bengals stadium.

Last few "big games" moved UC to the Bengals NFL stadium had announced attendances in the low-mid 40's...which after expenses, loss of concession/parking, etc...was basically a loss to UC.

Keep games on campus...especially the BIGGEST ones...as thats what those suite holders/club members are paying top $$$$ for.

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - UofMemphis - 06-17-2014 03:22 PM

(06-17-2014 03:10 PM)SouthPhillyFall Wrote:  

And Temple's got Notre Dame and Penn State coming to the Linc next year. Cincy should be able to get Bama to come to Nip

Nice...I'll be sure to tune in.

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - UofMemphis - 06-17-2014 03:24 PM

(06-17-2014 03:17 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Hope not...as UC is spending $100 Million to add top revenue generating amenities/suites/club seats/loge boxes, etc...to Nippert Stadium so that they don't have to move games to the Bengals stadium.

Last few "big games" moved UC to the Bengals NFL stadium had announced attendances in the low-mid 40's...which after expenses, loss of concession/parking, etc...was basically a loss to UC.

Keep games on campus...especially the BIGGEST ones...as thats what those suite holders/club members are paying top $$$$ for.

It's Alabama...every seat would be full.

Charge 60 bucks a seat and make a fortune off the Bama fans. (that's what we do with Mississippi and Tennessee)

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - KnightLight - 06-17-2014 03:33 PM

(06-17-2014 03:24 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

Charge 60 bucks a seat and make a fortune off the Bama fans. (that's what we do with Mississippi and Tennessee)

That doesn't matter...especially when UC are selling $1 Million Nippert Suite Commitments (over 10 years), plus scores of other high $$$ seats with multiple year commitments.

They are doing that so the fans can see Miami, BYU, maybe Alabama, etc...(all top games).

If UC moved every top game to the Bengals NFL Stadium...then they wouldn't be able to sell premium seats...as games vs Memphis, Temple, etc...won't cut it.

Also, found this tidbit from then UC's Athletic Director who noted UC "LOST MONEY" from their last 2 games at the Bengals stadium:

“six-figure” revenue losses in recent years from playing there against West Virginia and Louisville when attendance figures hit only 42,000 and 48,000

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - Bearcat2012 - 06-17-2014 03:37 PM

After Nippert is renovated , no games will be played at PBS....ever.

tens and hundreds of thousands and in some cases millions of dollars have been committed by luxury suite buyers to see UC play at Nippert.

EDIT : what KnightLight said . spot on.

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - KnightLight - 06-17-2014 03:46 PM

(06-17-2014 03:37 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  After Nippert is renovated , no games will be played at PBS....ever.

tens and hundreds of thousands and in some cases millions of dollars have been committed by luxury suite buyers to see UC play at Nippert.

Thanks.

Funny to see comments from non UC fans who think after UC spent almost $100 Million in premium MAJOR REVENUE PRODUCING AMENITIES that they would want to move games off campus to a stadium that they don't own, concession contracts they don't own...parking they don't own, etc...let alone lose some home field advantage...let alone not have free UC student sections.

Nippert before renovation already provided a great home field advantage when close to and/or full at 35,000...and will do so even more once this huge renovation project will be completed.

UC doesn't own suites at Bengals NFL Stadium....

Can't wait to go to the first ever UCF/UC game at the new Nippert.

[Image: Nippert-Rendering-1-14.jpg]

[Image: 6734400.jpeg]

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - Topkat - 06-17-2014 03:48 PM

(06-17-2014 03:33 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(06-17-2014 03:24 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

That doesn't matter...especially when UC are selling $1 Million Nippert Suite Commitments (over 10 years), plus scores of other high $$$ seats with multiple year commitments.

They are doing that so the fans can see Miami, BYU, maybe Alabama, etc...(all top games).

If UC moved every top game to the Bengals NFL Stadium...then they wouldn't be able to sell premium seats...as games vs Memphis, Temple, etc...won't cut it.

Also, found this tidbit from then UC's Athletic Director who noted UC "LOST MONEY" from their last 2 games at the Bengals stadium:

“six-figure” revenue losses in recent years from playing there against West Virginia and Louisville when attendance figures hit only 42,000 and 48,000

I agree the Bearcats should only play at Nippert after the renovation.

I think a game with Alabama at Paul Brown Stadium would outdraw the 2010 game against Oklahoma at PBS (58,000+).

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - Bearcat2012 - 06-17-2014 03:59 PM

(06-17-2014 03:46 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(06-17-2014 03:37 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  After Nippert is renovated , no games will be played at PBS....ever.

Thanks.

Funny to see comments from non UC fans who think after UC spent almost $100 Million in premium MAJOR REVENUE PRODUCING AMENITIES that they would want to move games off campus to a stadium that they don't own, concession contracts they don't own...parking they don't own, etc...let alone lose some home field advantage...let alone not have free UC student sections.

Nippert before renovation already provided a great home field advantage when close to and/or full at 35,000...and will do so even more once this huge renovation project will be completed.

UC doesn't own suites at Bengals NFL Stadium....

Can't wait to go to the first ever UCF/UC game at the new Nippert.

I'm surprised to see a non-UC fan understand the situation better than many of our own . Well done sir . 04-cheers

RE: Cincinnati and Alabama in Talks about Home and Home - BearcatMan - 06-17-2014 04:35 PM

(06-17-2014 01:42 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  

I will just say I disagree with that ...alot.

You've seen how fairweather every individual in our esteemed city is...right?