CSNbbs
Football - Where is every one's visitor seating? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Football - Where is every one's visitor seating? (/thread-692512.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Football - Where is every one's visitor seating? - WKUYG - 06-16-2014 12:11 PM

I know it's probably been asked before but with new teams playing this year..

Western's is in the yellow section which is the worst spot to watch the game unless the action is at that end. I don't know how it is at other stadiums but at Western you can follow the action up and down the field because of the open concourse. That was the way it was at every SBC stadium except FIU and FAU and ULM. When I get nervous I need to walk so at certain points in the game I just walk and follow the action down the field. Unless FIU, MUTS, and FAU has changed sections I know where those are. Never made it to UNT.

My seats are in section 130 2nd row from the top (right by the concourse) first three seats in the row going towards 131. Can't see the video board in these seats unless you bend down. But you are protected from rain and only 10 seconds away from the restroom and beer stand..can usually do either between punts, kickoffs, timeouts

[Image: wkuseating_zps1c25ba49.jpg]

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - Niner National - 06-16-2014 12:14 PM

Our visitors sit in the middle of the student section. They get amazing seats. I think they're on the 50 yard line. It's a very small section though. Unless you're a family member, you're probably not getting visiting tickets in our stadium. We only gave out like 150 visiting tickets last year. NCCU fans were pretty mad about that.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - WKUYG - 06-16-2014 12:25 PM

(06-16-2014 12:14 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Our visitors sit in the middle of the student section. They get amazing seats. I think they're on the 50 yard line. It's a very small section though. Unless you're a family member, you're probably not getting visiting tickets in our stadium. We only gave out like 150 visiting tickets last year. NCCU fans were pretty mad about that.

I believe the 150 number will have to change once you start playing in CUSA...

someone help me out here doesn't CUSA have a minimum amount of visitor tickets that must be allowed?

How can you put visitors in the middle of students seems like a huge issue is just waiting to happen...dose Charlotte sell beer?

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - Niner National - 06-16-2014 12:40 PM

(06-16-2014 12:25 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 12:14 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Our visitors sit in the middle of the student section. They get amazing seats. I think they're on the 50 yard line. It's a very small section though. Unless you're a family member, you're probably not getting visiting tickets in our stadium. We only gave out like 150 visiting tickets last year. NCCU fans were pretty mad about that.

I believe the 150 number will have to change once you start playing in CUSA...

someone help me out here doesn't CUSA have a minimum amount of visitor tickets that must be allowed?

How can you put visitors in the middle of students seems like a huge issue is just waiting to happen...dose Charlotte sell beer?
No beer.

[Image: OEEXNCFSFOKJXOB.20130901145244.jpg]

The orange spot across the stadium is where the visitors sat. Looks like they sit on the 40 yard line. I think we may also have some other visiting seats available on the right corner in that picture, but can't remember for sure.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - ThreeifbyLightning - 06-16-2014 12:50 PM

I was trying to remember where the mandate comes from. Can't remember if its an NCAA policy left to the conferences to decide or if the conferences apply it independently, but every conference/school has a visiting ticket allocation policy.

Not sure what the minimum is in C-USA.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - Niner National - 06-16-2014 12:54 PM

(06-16-2014 12:50 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  I was trying to remember where the mandate comes from. Can't remember if its an NCAA policy left to the conferences to decide or if the conferences apply it independently, but every conference/school as a visiting ticket allocation policy.

I'm thinking it is like 2,000 seats.

We can meet that, but right now we don't have to since we're not in CUSA, so we'd rather those seats go to the general public and/or students.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - NTTHOR - 06-16-2014 01:38 PM

In the last spot of the stadium that gets shade...bottom corner opposite the wing zone

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - DragonLair - 06-16-2014 01:43 PM

At UAB Visitors get wherever they like usually 50 yard line or wherever you can find a seat. (Shouldn't be to hard)

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - WKUYG - 06-16-2014 01:48 PM

(06-16-2014 01:38 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  In the last spot of the stadium that gets shade...bottom corner opposite the wing zone

So where the X is? was really hoping we had UNT this year and on the road..I never had the chance to go to a game while UNT was in the SBC

[Image: apogee1_zps4c45ec07.jpg]

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - Highflying49er - 06-16-2014 01:52 PM

(06-16-2014 12:54 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 12:50 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  I was trying to remember where the mandate comes from. Can't remember if its an NCAA policy left to the conferences to decide or if the conferences apply it independently, but every conference/school as a visiting ticket allocation policy.

We can meet that, but right now we don't have to since we're not in CUSA, so we'd rather those seats go to the general public and/or students.

I can only find the CUSA Handbook for the 2011-12 season online, but per that, it states the following on Pg. 71:
Quote:The host institution shall provide the visiting institution with 400 complimentary tickets using its best efforts to provide the best seats available, and shall make 1,600 tickets available for sale by the visiting institution.
Read it in full here.

As fans, it's really got us wondering about expansion plans for 2015 - If we provide 2k seats for visiting teams, that's going to be a huge blow to student ticket availability or force some sort of expansion, either temporary bleachers or permanent seating structures. Our AD and Chancellor have prided themselves in giving students ample access to our sporting events - Roughly half of Halton Arena (basketball) and Richardson Stadium (7K of 15K capacity) are reserved for students, which pay a high portion of our athletics costs through student fees.

As far as seating goes, I'm happily found in the middle of Section 104 on most Saturdays in the fall. The Orange in Sections 125,126 and 127 are reserved, I assume for visitors. The other orange sections in the corners are for non-fsl season ticket sales.
[Image: EWXDTEQHJMCXQUD.20140603173258.jpg]

And unfortunately, on campus beer sales are not permitted per North Carolina statute.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - WKUYG - 06-16-2014 01:53 PM

(06-16-2014 01:43 PM)DragonLair Wrote:  At UAB Visitors get wherever they like usually 50 yard line or wherever you can find a seat. (Shouldn't be to hard)

So no ushers making you sit in the section on your ticket? Year before last FIU had maybe 1000 fans counting the band and students and the ushers would not let you sit in any place other than your section which are not bad seats but there were only 25 of their fans...at the most sitting in the section between the 40s.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - WKUYG - 06-16-2014 01:58 PM

(06-16-2014 01:52 PM)Highflying49er Wrote:  

I can only find the CUSA Handbook for the 2011-12 season online, but per that, it states the following on Pg. 71:
Quote:The host institution shall provide the visiting institution with 400 complimentary tickets using its best efforts to provide the best seats available, and shall make 1,600 tickets available for sale by the visiting institution.
Read it in full here.

As fans, it's really got us wondering about expansion plans for 2015 - If we provide 2k seats for visiting teams, that's going to be a huge blow to student ticket availability or force some sort of expansion, either temporary bleachers or permanent seating structures. Our AD and Chancellor have prided themselves in giving students ample access to our sporting events - Roughly half of Halton Arena (basketball) and Richardson Stadium (7K of 15K capacity) are reserved for students, which pay a high portion of our athletics costs through student fees.

As far as seating goes, I'm happily found in the middle of Section 104 on most fall afternoons. The Orange in Sections 125,126 and 127 are reserved, I assume for visitors. The other orange sections in the corners are for non-fsl season ticket sales.

And unfortunately, on campus beer sales are not permitted per North Carolina statute.

Most teams will not bring close to 2000 visiting fans...probably in the 200 to 500 range. So the unused tickets should be sold as GA walk up tickets. I see it all the time ...

fans say we took a thousand or two to this or that game and it was actually about 1/4 of that.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - Niner National - 06-16-2014 02:38 PM

(06-16-2014 01:58 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Read it in full here.

As far as seating goes, I'm happily found in the middle of Section 104 on most fall afternoons. The Orange in Sections 125,126 and 127 are reserved, I assume for visitors. The other orange sections in the corners are for non-fsl season ticket sales.

Most teams will not bring close to 2000 visiting fans...probably in the 200 to 500 range. So the unused tickets should be sold as GA walk up tickets. I see it all the time ...

fans say we took a thousand or two to this or that game and it was actually about 1/4 of that.
Yeah I'm not really concerned about it. Marshall will probably take their full allotment since they have so many alums in the area, but nobody else in the conference will.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - mturn017 - 06-16-2014 02:44 PM

(06-16-2014 02:38 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 01:58 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Read it in full here.

Yeah I'm not really concerned about it. Marshall will probably take their full allotment since they have so many alums in the area, but nobody else in the conference will.

We might. I'm certainly planning on going to the first game there but I live in western VA so it's actually closer than Norfolk for me.

Re: RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - NTTHOR - 06-16-2014 02:55 PM

(06-16-2014 01:48 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 01:38 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  In the last spot of the stadium that gets shade...bottom corner opposite the wing zone

So where the X is? was really hoping we had UNT this year and on the road..I never had the chance to go to a game while UNT was in the SBC

[Image: apogee1_zps4c45ec07.jpg]
no...bottom left of your pic...down by the Media in the end zone

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - bit_9 - 06-16-2014 02:58 PM

We'll fill the entire 2000 at Charlotte. Now that ECU is gone Marshall and Charlotte are the 2 road games most can make easyish.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - Niner National - 06-16-2014 03:19 PM

(06-16-2014 02:58 PM)Cr8n Wrote:  We'll fill the entire 2000 at Charlotte. Now that ECU is gone Marshall and Charlotte are the 2 road games most can make easyish.

I thought about you guys too, but wasn't really sure how well you traveled or how many ODU alums were in NC. There are a lot of Marshall folk around here. I occasionally see ODU stickers (more than anyone else in the conference except Marshall), but not a lot. Raleigh may be a more popular spot for ODU alums though and I'd certainly expect ODU alums in the Triangle to make the trip.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - wh49er - 06-16-2014 03:25 PM

(06-16-2014 02:58 PM)Cr8n Wrote:  We'll fill the entire 2000 at Charlotte. Now that ECU is gone Marshall and Charlotte are the 2 road games most can make easyish.

We will see when the time comes.

RE: Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - blazerwkr - 06-16-2014 04:17 PM

(06-16-2014 01:53 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 01:43 PM)DragonLair Wrote:  At UAB Visitors get wherever they like usually 50 yard line or wherever you can find a seat. (Shouldn't be to hard)

So no ushers making you sit in the section on your ticket? Year before last FIU had maybe 1000 fans counting the band and students and the ushers would not let you sit in any place other than your section which are not bad seats but there were only 25 of their fans...at the most sitting in the section between the 40s.

Well there is the occasional Nazi to deal w/ but for the most part it's sit where you like

Football - Where is every's visiting seating? - MarshallHerdFanz - 06-16-2014 04:39 PM

[attachment=5631][attachment=5632]