CSNbbs
AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams (/thread-691844.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - BullsFanInTX - 06-09-2014 12:14 AM

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45ehljf/6-american/

FYI, the MWC distributed 31m, since AAC is often compared to them.

The Big East distributed 50mil. So much for the BE having more revenue.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - CougarRed - 06-09-2014 12:18 AM

That $72M is gross revenue. We did not distribute that much.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - BullsFanInTX - 06-09-2014 12:23 AM

(06-09-2014 12:18 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  That $72M is gross revenue. We did not distribute that much.

All of that is distributable income. Bowl payouts and ncaa credits are always paid out. If I'm wrong, show me how.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - Attackcoog - 06-09-2014 12:23 AM

(06-09-2014 12:14 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45ehljf/6-american/

A lot of that difference is bowl money. We had a much better line up of bowls this year as well as a full share of the BCS in our last year as an AQ conference. Next year our bowl payouts will be much closer as we lose all our good bowls and both conferences will receive about the same amount of money from the new version of the BCS (CFP). We will still make more than the MW (still have better bowl payouts, more NCAA credit revenue, and a better media contract), but the gap will be significantly smaller. For this year, it will be a nice windfall.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - The T-Shirt - 06-09-2014 01:16 AM

This sh!t. This shi!t right here. The more of this I see the more its driving me away from the sport. Which I guess is what the ESPN overlords want (less resistance). Look at what theyve done. We care how much freaking money we can scrounge out of the cushions! What the f*ck is up with that. This is f*cking collegiate sports, and we, as sports fans have been forced to care about the ******* revenue and not the scores.

Of course, this opinion will simply be viewed as one of a peasant fan of an unwanted team. But no, f*ck that, my opinion wouldnt be any different had we been the first team taken when all this sh!t started. I DONT want my Bearcats in the Big 12 (not that this is likely) because I dont give two f*cking sh!ts about playing those teams on a regular basis. And even if the Cats somehow find a way to find the recruits to one day be a power in that conference (not even kind of likely, if we ever got in in the first place) and just crushed teams regularly, whats the point? UC has nothing in common, geographically or culturally with Texas or Oklahoma or freakin Baylor. But this has become something our fanbase is clamoring for. Why? Because of a paycheck that we as fans will NEVER see!

Oh, we want a new conference for a shot at the NC? Outside of the windfall that comes with it, whats a championship from a half-a$$ed FOUR team playoff even truly mean. Four teams... from FIVE conferences (they cant even include all the champs from the almighty chosen conferences in their superior little world), chosen from a SELECTION COMMITTEE! Where records are as important as the amount of bias in a room that includes CONDY FREAKING RICE. Ill start caring when its at LEAST an 8 team playoff. 03-banghead

I actually like this conference. Dont love it, but like it. The schools for the most part make sense as regular matchups. In an ideal world, I'd like to see us in the ACC. Not for the money, but because thats where Pitt and UL are. (If WVU and Memphis were there, it would be frickin perfect). Those are our rivals. Rivalries WERE college football. Its what made it different from the pros. In all honesty, I literally wouldnt care if all we ever got were 1 star or unranked recruits that got to go up against other low level recruits, so long as one side was wearing a Bearcats uniform and the other side were in Pitt or UL colors. Wouldnt care. Wouldnt care whos coach is getting paid more, which department was making the most revenue. Because I'd be watching the Keg game, or the RCR game. Thats what SHOULD matter, and still does to me.

We've, as a nation of college sports fans, lost all sight of what this was about. Its not our fault, not entirely anyway, its been forced upon us, and its gonna be the reason that one day I just walk away. The only thing keeping me going is knowing that at the end of the day, no matter what, my Bearcats will once a week run onto the field and play SOMEBODY in a game of football. Unfortunately, thats not the important part anymore.

The rants over now. Kind of just took it and ran with it. I'm not yelling or berating anyone, just... venting. This is the internet after all. TL;DR Dont care, read it or dont, I said what I had to say.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - firmbizzle - 06-09-2014 03:41 AM

Why 10 schools and not 8?

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - Tigers2B1 - 06-09-2014 05:50 AM

Where does it say how many teams or which teams those were?

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - Tigers2B1 - 06-09-2014 05:51 AM

Plus I thought it was supposed to be 100 M.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - ecumbh1999 - 06-09-2014 06:25 AM

(06-09-2014 05:51 AM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  Plus I thought it was supposed to be 100 M.

That's not included in this story, if call it a story. It is just the money earn this year. They fail to realize that UofL and RU don't get any of the NCAA credits.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - UofLgrad07 - 06-09-2014 07:11 AM

(06-09-2014 06:25 AM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  They fail to realize that UofL and RU don't get any of the NCAA credits.

Louisville received a share of the TV, bowl, and NCAA revenue for this year. It will not receive any future payments from the NCAA credit pool. Here is a copy of the settlement agreement between Louisville and the AAC. The relevant section is 3.4(b) and section 5.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - CougarRed - 06-09-2014 07:39 AM

(06-09-2014 12:23 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:18 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  That $72M is gross revenue. We did not distribute that much.

All of that is distributable income. Bowl payouts and ncaa credits are always paid out. If I'm wrong, show me how.

1. Each school making a bowl game gets reimbursed some or all of their travel expenses out of the bowl payment before the net is distributed.

2. The conference office needs money to operate. As a rule of thumb, they get the same cut as a school.

I'd guess that we actually distributed closer to $60M.

Further, some of those NCAA credits were earned by schools that have departed the league. Several of those departing schools used their left behind units as part of their exit fee payment. So the new schools don't share equally (if at all) in the NCAA tournament allocation.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - quo vadis - 06-09-2014 07:40 AM

(06-09-2014 12:14 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45ehljf/6-american/

We were an AQ conference this past year.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - KNIGHTTIME - 06-09-2014 07:46 AM

Is espn planning on paying extra for our championship game in 2015?

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - goodknightfl - 06-09-2014 07:56 AM

I think champ game is in the TV deal. A lot of the distribution is exit fees. So the 72 mil is not split = amongst the group. Leaving schools wont get Ncaa credit $$ nor fee $$. Credits and fees will go heavy to 3 original schools. If I was to take a guess, Cincy, Uconn, and USF probably get in the 10 mil range and the rest closer to 5 mil.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - First Mate - 06-09-2014 07:57 AM

(06-09-2014 01:16 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  This sh!t. This shi!t right here. The more of this I see the more its driving me away from the sport. Which I guess is what the ESPN overlords want (less resistance). Look at what theyve done. We care how much freaking money we can scrounge out of the cushions! What the f*ck is up with that. This is f*cking collegiate sports, and we, as sports fans have been forced to care about the ******* revenue and not the scores.

Of course, this opinion will simply be viewed as one of a peasant fan of an unwanted team. But no, f*ck that, my opinion wouldnt be any different had we been the first team taken when all this sh!t started. I DONT want my Bearcats in the Big 12 (not that this is likely) because I dont give two f*cking sh!ts about playing those teams on a regular basis. And even if the Cats somehow find a way to find the recruits to one day be a power in that conference (not even kind of likely, if we ever got in in the first place) and just crushed teams regularly, whats the point? UC has nothing in common, geographically or culturally with Texas or Oklahoma or freakin Baylor. But this has become something our fanbase is clamoring for. Why? Because of a paycheck that we as fans will NEVER see!

Oh, we want a new conference for a shot at the NC? Outside of the windfall that comes with it, whats a championship from a half-a$$ed FOUR team playoff even truly mean. Four teams... from FIVE conferences (they cant even include all the champs from the almighty chosen conferences in their superior little world), chosen from a SELECTION COMMITTEE! Where records are as important as the amount of bias in a room that includes CONDY FREAKING RICE. Ill start caring when its at LEAST an 8 team playoff. 03-banghead

I actually like this conference. Dont love it, but like it. The schools for the most part make sense as regular matchups. In an ideal world, I'd like to see us in the ACC. Not for the money, but because thats where Pitt and UL are. (If WVU and Memphis were there, it would be frickin perfect). Those are our rivals. Rivalries WERE college football. Its what made it different from the pros. In all honesty, I literally wouldnt care if all we ever got were 1 star or unranked recruits that got to go up against other low level recruits, so long as one side was wearing a Bearcats uniform and the other side were in Pitt or UL colors. Wouldnt care. Wouldnt care whos coach is getting paid more, which department was making the most revenue. Because I'd be watching the Keg game, or the RCR game. Thats what SHOULD matter, and still does to me.

We've, as a nation of college sports fans, lost all sight of what this was about. Its not our fault, not entirely anyway, its been forced upon us, and its gonna be the reason that one day I just walk away. The only thing keeping me going is knowing that at the end of the day, no matter what, my Bearcats will once a week run onto the field and play SOMEBODY in a game of football. Unfortunately, thats not the important part anymore.

The rants over now. Kind of just took it and ran with it. I'm not yelling or berating anyone, just... venting. This is the internet after all. TL;DR Dont care, read it or dont, I said what I had to say.

Preach it brother- I like this conference too. If there were a 16 team playoff with all conference champs making plus 7/8 at large it would be fair for everyone. We could survive with this conference if our champ made the playoff every year. Our commish and presidents should be pushing for that.

The big conferences keep it at 4 teams to shut everyone else out. It's a joke. Look at what is going on in NCAA baseball tournament right now, it's awesome. Football could be the same way

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - CougarRed - 06-09-2014 08:19 AM

Next year, we will receive the following gross revenue:

Football Playoff
$11M guaranteed ($1M per school)
$4.5M, $6M or $7.5M for being the 3rd, 2nd or best G5 conference
$6M if our champ gets picked

Other Football Bowls
Approximately $4M

NCAA Tournament
2014 Units - 11
2013 Units - 19
2012 Units - 23
2011 Units - 22
2010 Units - 16
2009 Units - 24
115 units
$255,379/unit
$29.37M

TV
$22M

Total: $70.87M to $79.87M depending on how well we do in football

The following year, when Navy joins, our guaranteed football playoff payment rises from $11M to $12M. In addition, we'll have the conference championship game revenue. And the "best conference" playoff pool will grow such that we can earn slightly more than $7.5M for being the top G5 conference.

But we have to replace 24 basketball units. We'll be fortunate to earn 10. So our basketball revenue will decline $3-5M.

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - CougarRed - 06-09-2014 08:31 AM

NCAA Basketball Units earned by other G5 conferences

2009: MWC 2, CUSA 3, Sun Belt 2, MAC 1
2010: MWC 6, CUSA 2, Sun Belt 1, MAC 2
2011: MWC 7, CUSA 2, Sun Belt 1, MAC 1
2012: MWC 5, CUSA 2, Sun Belt 2, MAC 3
2013: MWC 7, CUSA 2, Sun Belt 1, MAC 1
2014: MWC 4, CUSA 1, Sun Belt 1, MAC 1

Total:
MWC 31 = $7.92M
CUSA 12 = $3.06M
Sun Belt 8 = $2.04M
MAC 9 = $2.30M

If the MWC is the best football conference and sends a team the access bowl next year, they will earn about $12M less than we will (assuming we are the 2nd best football conference).

If we are the best football conference and send our champ to the access bowl, we will earn about $28M more than they will next year.

I

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - Chappy - 06-09-2014 08:33 AM

Thanks for the breakdown, CR... +3

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - blunderbuss - 06-09-2014 09:16 AM

(06-09-2014 01:16 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  This sh!t. This shi!t right here. The more of this I see the more its driving me away from the sport. Which I guess is what the ESPN overlords want (less resistance). Look at what theyve done. We care how much freaking money we can scrounge out of the cushions! What the f*ck is up with that. This is f*cking collegiate sports, and we, as sports fans have been forced to care about the ******* revenue and not the scores.

04-bow

RE: AAC distributed 72M among 10 teams - jlbphila - 06-09-2014 09:20 AM

This is the best post of all time.