CSNbbs
California Chrome......... Maybe First and last ACC Triple Crown! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: California Chrome......... Maybe First and last ACC Triple Crown! (/thread-691495.html)

California Chrome......... Maybe First and last ACC Triple Crown! - CardFan1 - 06-05-2014 11:19 AM

If California Chrome were to Win at Belmont Saturday, It could also represent the First and Only Year the ACC Represented states Kentucky, Maryland and New York could have a Triple crown winner. 2014 will have Louisville, Maryland and Syracuse all in for at least half this Year. An Omen ?03-shhhh or 04-cheers

RE: California Chrome......... Maybe First and last ACC Triple Crown! - Hokie Mark - 06-05-2014 04:23 PM

(06-05-2014 04:01 PM)KnightChris Wrote:  I don't understand this post. I get that you're talking about a horse race, but I don't understand the rest. What's this about Syracuse? Is one of the horses from Syracuse?

Kentucky Derby - KY
Preakness - Maryland
Belmont - New York (Syracuse' home state)

it's a STRETCH

RE: California Chrome......... Maybe First and last ACC Triple Crown! - texasorange - 06-05-2014 04:59 PM

(06-05-2014 04:23 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 04:01 PM)KnightChris Wrote:  I don't understand this post. I get that you're talking about a horse race, but I don't understand the rest. What's this about Syracuse? Is one of the horses from Syracuse?

Kentucky Derby - KY
Preakness - Maryland

it's a STRETCH

A real stretch...

That being said I hope California Chrome does it. It will be good for the horse racing industry. (And yes I like to play the ponies once in a while at Lone Star)

RE: California Chrome......... Maybe First and last ACC Triple Crown! - CardFan1 - 06-06-2014 04:56 AM

(06-05-2014 04:23 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Kentucky Derby - KY
Preakness - Maryland

it's a STRETCH

Correct, and this is the first and last year the ACC will share all 3 states in the conference. And it comes within weeks of Louisville entering the ACC and Maryland leaving. Seemed proper timing for a Triple crown winner in last 37 years.