CSNbbs
X-Men Days of Future Past - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: X-Men Days of Future Past (/thread-690323.html)

X-Men Days of Future Past - Latilleon - 05-24-2014 12:54 PM

I loved it. Not more than Cap 2 but better than Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Surprisingly little action considering. It's more story, I guess like Superman Returns. But the action that is there is good and the story is interesting. If you go see, take note of this:

Kind of spoilery:

If wolverine does very little fighting in an X-Men movie, is it really Wolverine?

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past - Tiger1992 - 05-25-2014 10:10 PM

I liked it for that very reason. The First Class reboot was a nice way to transition the franchise off the Wolverine highway. DOFP was a great follow up to First Class and equally fitting "fix" to the original series.

Also agree with your ratings - Winter Soldier - Days of Future Past and then Spiderman 2. All three were enjoyable though.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past - tigerjeb - 05-26-2014 08:30 AM

i was kinda disapointed. just seemed like there were too many balls in the air a lot of the time and my wife kept asking me who all these unidentifed mutant characters were. not bad at all, but just never really took off like it could have IMO. winter soldier is still the best movie of the summer but this one wasnt as fun to watch as godzilla was.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past - Dak10 - 05-26-2014 01:21 PM

I overhyped it for myself. It didn't live up. Still great movie.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past - TigerNK - 05-27-2014 08:00 AM

Solid movie. Hits a major lull before the the final act. My wife almost fell asleep.

I kept wondering why they didn't just go all Terminator and just kill the little dude's mom in like 1920.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past - Tiger46 - 05-29-2014 02:02 PM

(05-24-2014 12:54 PM)Latilleon Wrote:  I loved it. Not more than Cap 2 but better than Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Surprisingly little action considering. It's more story, I guess like Superman Returns. But the action that is there is good and the story is interesting. If you go see, take note of this:

Kind of spoilery:

If wolverine does very little fighting in an X-Men movie, is it really Wolverine?

I FINALLY made it through Captain America the First Avenger from start to finish.

Some guys at lunch today were talking about this XMen movie, about a particular scene that might change film making forever?

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past - Latilleon - 05-29-2014 04:11 PM

(05-29-2014 02:02 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(05-24-2014 12:54 PM)Latilleon Wrote:  I loved it. Not more than Cap 2 but better than Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Kind of spoilery:

I FINALLY made it through Captain America the First Avenger from start to finish.

Some guys at lunch today were talking about this XMen movie, about a particular scene that might change film making forever?

I wouldn't say it has anything changing filmmaking future but there is a scene in the middle of the movie with Quicksilver that's amazing.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past - memphis88 - 06-03-2014 07:56 AM

(05-29-2014 04:11 PM)Latilleon Wrote:  
(05-29-2014 02:02 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

Kind of spoilery:

I wouldn't say it has anything changing filmmaking future but there is a scene in the middle of the movie with Quicksilver that's amazing.

Wish Quicksilver had been in the movie more. That kid acts similarly in everything I've seen him in but he's always interesting. Would make a great Alex if they ever remade A Clockwork Orange.