CSNbbs
Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) (/thread-689086.html)

Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - GoHouston - 05-12-2014 05:31 PM

Shane Carden will look to put up some ridiculous numbers in conference play as the ECU Pirates enter their first season as a member of the American, coming over from Conference USA.

Can former No. 1 quarterback prospect Gunner Kiel live up to his hype in his new home in the Queen City? He brings high expectations to the Cincinnati Bearcats’ offense and has the potential to be one of the best in college football.

John O’Korn had an impressive freshman debut, passing for over 3,000 yards and 28 touchdowns. With a potent offensive unit around him, he and the Houston Cougars are poised to make a strong run at the AAC title.

How will the rest of the conference quarterbacks look in 2014?

http://www.faniq.com/blog/College-Football-2014-Power-Ranking-Gunner-Kiel-and-the-AAC-Quarterbacks-Blog-76670

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - ArmoredUpKnight - 05-12-2014 05:44 PM

Justin Holman @ #6 is pretty high. With a new O-Line and O'Leary's coaching style; I doubt Holman will have good numbers. He's going to be spoon feed this season.

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - BullsFanInTX - 05-12-2014 05:47 PM

Mike white will likely be the guy for USF, although Bench may be the change of pace guy. Bench could win job but it's not likely.

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - pesik - 05-12-2014 06:10 PM

Gunner Kiel at #1 is way too high for a guy who's never played a down

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - PirateJP - 05-12-2014 06:16 PM

(05-12-2014 06:10 PM)pesik Wrote:  Gunner Kiel at #1 is way too high for a guy who's never played a down

Agreed, the complaint against Carden is that the AAC defenses will be tougher then C-USA; so how can a guy who's never played a down in college be placed ahead of anyone on this list.

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - Bearcats#1 - 05-12-2014 06:20 PM

(05-12-2014 06:10 PM)pesik Wrote:  Gunner Kiel at #1 is way too high for a guy who's never played a down

agreed

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - Kruciff - 05-12-2014 07:00 PM

(05-12-2014 06:16 PM)PirateJP Wrote:  

Agreed, the complaint against Carden is that the AAC defenses will be tougher then C-USA; so how can a guy who's never played a down in college be placed ahead of anyone on this list.

Imo, it's O'Korn, Carden, Walker.

Everyone else should be lumped into the same category UCF et al, are in. Phil Driscoll (or w/e) was much higher rated than Blake Bortles, and was from down the road, and we all know how he is turning out.

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - rosewater - 05-12-2014 07:38 PM

I loved what I saw out of Kiel in the spring, but I must agree with the other posters: experience is very important.

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - upstater1 - 05-12-2014 07:42 PM

(05-12-2014 07:00 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 06:16 PM)PirateJP Wrote:  

Imo, it's O'Korn, Carden, Walker.

Everyone else should be lumped into the same category UCF et al, are in. Phil Driscoll (or w/e) was much higher rated than Blake Bortles, and was from down the road, and we all know how he is turning out.

Whoever wrote that is an ignoramus. First off, another ND QB Zach Fraser was a top 5 guy out of HS, and he didn't pan out. So his reasoning behind Kiel doesn't hold water.

Lastly though, on UConn's QB, the guy he lists is neither first string nor second string, and I'd say he has a good chance of being beaten out for 3rd string. UConn's QB is Cochran, who started last year.

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - bearcatmark - 05-12-2014 07:58 PM

We'll see

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - Cubanbull - 05-12-2014 08:16 PM

(05-12-2014 05:47 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Mike white will likely be the guy for USF, although Bench may be the change of pace guy. Bench could win job but it's not likely.

Agree. Both will play and I think early on WT will go with the hot hand.Steve had a really good spring game but he will have to do it in an actual game. With a better OLine and better WR targets I expect a lot better offensive performance

RE: Power Ranking Gunner Kiel and the AAC QB's (fanIQ.com) - Hank Schrader - 05-12-2014 08:46 PM

I wonder if faniq.com let Bob Diaco know Chandler Whitmer would be starting over Cochran.