CSNbbs
Antonio Blakeney - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: Tom Mays Memorial Recruiting (/forum-505.html)
+------- Thread: Antonio Blakeney (/thread-688703.html)

Antonio Blakeney - michaelf - 05-08-2014 11:10 AM

Looks like he can play!!!

Quote:We are only a few weeks into the spring AAU circuit and Antonio Blakeney is already establishing himself as one of the more improved prospects in the 2015 class.

One of the top performers from the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions this past weekend was Antonio Blakeney.
A 6-foot-4 shooting guard out of Orlando (Fla.) Oak Ridge, Blakeney helped Each One Teach One reach the semi-finals. What stuck out most about Blakeney’s game was his improved efficiency.

“It has to be like that with this team because we have so many great D-1 players."

“With all the good players that we have you can’t be a high level scorer,” he added. “You have to take efficient shots because you aren’t going to get that many shots. Everybody is good. We have a lot of good scorers.”

Blakeney also appeared to have gained athleticism since last December at the City of Palms Classic.

“I’ve been doing these pool workouts,” Blakeney said. “They’ve been telling me what to do and I was doing them every day and it got me way more athletic.”

What else is Blakeney working on?

“I have to keep working on my ball handling and moves in transition and just becoming a better leader on the floor,” Blakeney said.

On the recruiting front, Blakeney has reeled in a host of scholarship offers from high major programs.

“The schools that are making me their priority are Louisville, Florida, Memphis, LSU, Providence, Kansas, USC and Florida State,” Blakeney said. “They are basically saying I’m their priority and their top guy.”

“Right now I’m just wide open,” he said. “I’m trying to figure out some of these schools and trying to build a relationship with some of these colleges. All of them pretty much have the same thing to offer. I’m just trying to build relationships and see where I can come in and play early.”

Blakeney is currently regarded as a four-star prospect.

RE: Antonio Blakeney - Ramen_Tiger - 05-08-2014 11:21 AM

I will take an electric 2 guard like that

RE: Antonio Blakeney - TigerBo - 05-08-2014 01:45 PM

(05-08-2014 11:21 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  I will take an electric 2 guard like that

An athletic 6-4 2G? In a heartbeat...

RE: Antonio Blakeney - thagr82008 - 05-08-2014 02:24 PM

04-jawdrop

RE: Antonio Blakeney - KRB - 05-08-2014 04:47 PM

That's some tough competition we are going up against. Would look good in Tiger Blue.

RE: Antonio Blakeney - cixlw1 - 05-08-2014 07:34 PM

Will this guy be a better get than LaGerald Vick at Douglass?

RE: Antonio Blakeney - geedog50 - 05-09-2014 06:21 AM

(05-08-2014 07:34 PM)cixlw1 Wrote:  Will this guy be a better get than LaGerald Vick at Douglass?

03-shhhh TC says, "Vick will not be a TIGER, no way no how! Don't get him started.03-rotfl

RE: Antonio Blakeney - TigerBill - 05-09-2014 08:57 AM

Sources say troll shows up soon.

RE: Antonio Blakeney - 80sTiger - 09-17-2014 01:25 PM

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello · 15m
RT @jdemling: Per sources, Louisville has cut all ties with Antonio Blakeney. The Cardinals are no longer recruiting the former commitment.

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels · 17m
Can confirm @jdemling's tweet. Louisville informed Antonio Blakeney they will no longer recruit him. UK, LSU & Missouri are the favorites.

RE: Antonio Blakeney - FranklinTNTiger - 09-17-2014 02:37 PM

(09-17-2014 01:25 PM)80sTiger Wrote:  Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello · 15m
RT @jdemling: Per sources, Louisville has cut all ties with Antonio Blakeney. The Cardinals are no longer recruiting the former commitment.

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels · 17m
Can confirm @jdemling's tweet. Louisville informed Antonio Blakeney they will no longer recruit him. UK, LSU & Missouri are the favorites.

Probably KY bound...

RE: Antonio Blakeney - Merrick - 09-17-2014 04:34 PM

UK, LSU, Mizzou, Louisville

Which of these four are not like the other?

Hint: Swoosh

RE: Antonio Blakeney - michaelf - 09-22-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:After just 11 days, 5-star SG Antonio Blakeney has withdrawn his verbal commitment to UofL. He told Scout.com’s Evan Daniels back when he committed that he had known that he had wanted to attend Louisville for about two months prior to his commitment. So how and why did this all come about? Shoe Companies – or in a word, Nike. All of the finalists on Blakeney’s final list – UK, Florida, Oregon, LSU – were schools with the swoosh. Speculation is already at a fever pitch that he will soon visit Kentucky. Decommitments aren’t uncommon – Louisville and Pitino have had more than their fair share of them – but thecircumstances surrounding Blakeney’s decision are ripe to surmise something shady is going on. It’s NOT common for a recruit to commit to a school that he said he knew he wanted to go to for over two months, only to decommit less than two weeks later. His destination ultimately will tell us just how shady this decision was.
“I made a quick and emotional decision based on some of the wrong reasons,” Blakeney said. “I really loved my visit and everything about Louisville and I am still strongly considering them.”

“His family is behind him 100 percent,” said coach Steve Reece.

As far as who else Blakeney will consider, he plans on thinking about it before releasing a new list, “I will see where things are at with the other schools because I have not talked with any one since I committed. I will release a list of schools in a few days.”
Before selecting the Cardinals, Blakeney’s list included Florida State, Kentucky, LSU, Missouri, Oregon and USC.

RE: Antonio Blakeney - DALLAS TIGER 78 - 09-22-2014 01:48 PM

"His destination ultimately will tell us just how shady this decision was."

Kentucky for sure.

RE: Antonio Blakeney - michaelf - 09-24-2014 12:57 PM

(09-22-2014 01:48 PM)DALLAS TIGER 78 Wrote:  "His destination ultimately will tell us just how shady this decision was."

Kentucky for sure.

You don't decommit from Louisville, to go to LSU, Missouri, Oregon and USC. If you're not a NIKE guy, you WILL NOT get chosen for Nike classic aka (The Jordan Classic), only choose NIKE guys, this is huge for young recruits, this was a BUSINESS decision!!!

RE: Antonio Blakeney - ericsrevenge76 - 09-24-2014 06:23 PM

(09-24-2014 12:57 PM)michaelf Wrote:  
(09-22-2014 01:48 PM)DALLAS TIGER 78 Wrote:  "His destination ultimately will tell us just how shady this decision was."

Kentucky for sure.

You don't decommit from Louisville, to go to LSU, Missouri, Oregon and USC. If you're not a NIKE guy, you WILL NOT get chosen for Nike classic aka (The Jordan Classic), only choose NIKE guys, this is huge for young recruits, this was a BUSINESS decision!!!

That is totally disgusting and its a damn shame the shoe companies are this involved in college recruiting.

RE: Antonio Blakeney - spankadelphia - 09-24-2014 10:00 PM

Thank god we're a Nike school.

RE: Antonio Blakeney - memphisike - 09-25-2014 04:13 PM

Can this Dude ball?