CSNbbs
Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task (/thread-687802.html)

Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - WesternBlazer - 04-29-2014 01:31 PM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/uab_head_coach_bill_clark_is_f.html

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - Grammar-Nazi - 04-29-2014 06:02 PM

"With me being in the Sun Belt for just a brief amount of time, with some of the teams in the Sun Belt that transitioned into our conference, I feel like I'm pretty familiar with them," Clark said. "It's a lot of really good teams."

Now I'm worried about his ability to assess quality opponents. None of these teams qualify as "really good," unless he's comparing them to what UAB has put on the field for the past decade or more.

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - WesternBlazer - 04-29-2014 06:07 PM

(04-29-2014 06:02 PM)Grammar-Nazi Wrote:  "With me being in the Sun Belt for just a brief amount of time, with some of the teams in the Sun Belt that transitioned into our conference, I feel like I'm pretty familiar with them," Clark said. "It's a lot of really good teams."

Now I'm worried about his ability to assess quality opponents. None of these teams qualify as "really good," unless he's comparing them to what UAB has put on the field for the past decade or more.

WKU, MTSU, FAU, North Texas all expected to be among top teams in CUSA...

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - Grammar-Nazi - 04-29-2014 06:17 PM

(04-29-2014 06:07 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  
(04-29-2014 06:02 PM)Grammar-Nazi Wrote:  "With me being in the Sun Belt for just a brief amount of time, with some of the teams in the Sun Belt that transitioned into our conference, I feel like I'm pretty familiar with them," Clark said. "It's a lot of really good teams."

WKU, MTSU, FAU, North Texas all expected to be among top teams in CUSA...

Exactly my point. Really good football teams in CUSA are pretty much mediocre at best everywhere else. Hell, the last two seasons, the Sun Belt was 11-3 vs. CUSA, which essentially means we were the worst conference in the nation the past two seasons.

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - Smaug - 04-29-2014 06:30 PM

It's all relative.

[insert Troy joke here]

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - LairDweller - 04-29-2014 06:34 PM

I chalk it up to coach speak

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - B'ham Blazer - 04-29-2014 06:59 PM

(04-29-2014 06:34 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  

I chalk it up to coach speak

+1
Clark has always been very complimentary of his opponents. He was even that way back at Prattville.

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - thebernreuter - 04-29-2014 08:49 PM

(04-29-2014 06:02 PM)Grammar-Nazi Wrote:  Now I'm worried about his ability to assess quality opponents. None of these teams qualify as "really good," unless he's comparing them to what UAB has put on the field for the past decade or more.

It's coach speak. He can't say, "Let's be real, here. This is a bad football conference. If I'm worth anything at all, we should lose maybe two conference games. Outside of Marshall and La Tech, our conference schedule is a cake walk. Whoever that last guy was managed to only win 1 conference game last year. Wow, you know? I mean, just... wow."

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - ATTALLABLAZE - 04-30-2014 12:02 PM

Just win

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - TPBlaze84 - 04-30-2014 12:16 PM

(04-30-2014 12:02 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Just win

+1

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - jcduncan13 - 04-30-2014 01:25 PM

(04-30-2014 12:02 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Just win

Amen to that, just win baby! Let the results talk

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - KevMo4UAB - 04-30-2014 03:44 PM

Haven't we been saying "Just win" for years now?

RE: Champlin: UAB HCBClark familiar with some opponents, acknowledges 'daunting' task - ATTALLABLAZE - 04-30-2014 04:14 PM

Unfortunately yes but it means the same................. ;-)