CSNbbs
Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law (/thread-687267.html)

Pages: 1 2

Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - oklalittledixie - 04-23-2014 01:40 PM

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed a sweeping gun bill into law on Wednesday, allowing patrons to carry firearms into bars, nightclubs, school classrooms, and certain government buildings that lack security personnel or devices.
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/guns-everywhere-bill-signed-law-georgia-nathan-deal

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - WPDAWG08 - 04-23-2014 02:05 PM

Meh they did this in Tennessee in 2010, but than again TN is more progressive than GA IME

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - EpicNiner - 04-23-2014 02:10 PM

A couple serious questions and comments:

Why are restaurants, clubs, schools, sporting venues, etc. automatically opted in to this program and churches are not?

A separate article explains the TSA checkpoints a little more in depth. If you go to a TSA checkpoint and they find a gun, you can tell them that you have a permit for it and leave the way you came in (You still cannot pass the TSA checkpoint with a gun). They cannot stop you from leaving, detain you, question you, or ask to see proof. Who thinks this is a good idea?

Then there is this doozy:
Quote:Among other provisions, the law also changes Georgia’s self-defense measures by removing the penalty for possessing a firearm in an unauthorized location. If passed, the legislation will provide security to individuals carrying guns in unauthorized locations, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and without a license in locations currently prohibited.
So if you knowingly break the law by taking a gun where it is not allowed, carrying a gun while intoxicated, or carrying a gun when you are not licensed, you cannot be punished as long as you say you were defending yourself.

I understand that there are people out there that feel like these laws are necessary to protect the 2nd Amendment but it starts to get worrisome when you tell security and law enforcement that they're not allowed to ask for proof that someone is allowed to possess the firearm they are carrying and in the same law allow guns around people who will be inebriated (even provide protection for people who use their firearms while intoxicated).

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - Love and Honor - 04-23-2014 02:23 PM

Good.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - WoodlandsOwl - 04-23-2014 07:00 PM

Airports, even the parking lots and roadways are Federal Jurisdiction after a specific point.

And I'm not a fan of the new law. I see gunfights in the parking lot of Taco Mac over drunken BS.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - ncbeta - 04-23-2014 07:11 PM

They did this in NC not too long ago. Just because you can have them in these establishments doesn't mean you can drink and carry. I think it's a pretty big charge if you do.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - Fo Shizzle - 04-23-2014 07:36 PM

Only a fcking idiot would carry a firearm while drinking.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - Tom in Lazybrook - 04-23-2014 07:54 PM

This is insanity.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - smn1256 - 04-23-2014 07:56 PM

(04-23-2014 01:40 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed a sweeping gun bill into law on Wednesday, allowing patrons to carry firearms into bars, nightclubs, school classrooms, and certain government buildings that lack security personnel or devices.
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/guns-everywhere-bill-signed-law-georgia-nathan-deal

I don't think this is a good idea. In fact, I think it's an over reaction to the left's rabid attempt to ban guns. As with most things, somewhere in the middle is probably best.

Guns is bars and classrooms?

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - WPDAWG08 - 04-24-2014 11:10 AM

Lol msm is in melt down mode I love it!!! Secondly a school district must still allow you to carry into said school and I do not see that happening. Thirdly if you are drinking and carrying a weapon you are not a law abiding citizen. And fourthly I am going to freak out if I hear another libtard say large capacity drum style ammo clips!!!!

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - Niner National - 04-24-2014 11:17 AM

(04-23-2014 07:36 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Only a fcking idiot would carry a firearm while drinking.

There are a lot of ******* idiots in the world though. Thousands of drinking and driving accidents every year. Thousands of drunken fights.

Alcohol and guns should never go together.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - Lord Stanley - 04-24-2014 11:21 AM

(04-23-2014 07:00 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  I see gunfights in the parking lot of Taco Mac over drunken BS.

While impossible to predict the future, current data on gun ownership and gun carry doesn't support this concern.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - blunderbuss - 04-24-2014 11:23 AM

(04-23-2014 01:40 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed a sweeping gun bill into law on Wednesday, allowing patrons to carry firearms into bars, nightclubs, school classrooms, and certain government buildings that lack security personnel or devices.

I'm pretty damn conservative when it comes to guns but IMHO, this is an idiotic move. It's even more mind-blowing the number of people that think it's a good idea.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - blunderbuss - 04-24-2014 11:24 AM

(04-23-2014 07:36 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Only a fcking idiot would carry a firearm while drinking.

In case you've missed the past 200+ years of history, there's a lot of fcking idiots in the US.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - UofMemphis - 04-24-2014 11:25 AM

(04-23-2014 02:05 PM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  Meh they did this in Tennessee in 2010, but than again TN is more progressive than GA IME

Not true...you can't carry in govt buildings, schools, and anywhere posted:
[Image: cch-sign.jpg?sfvrsn=2]

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - Fitbud - 04-24-2014 11:28 AM

So when Conservatives said they wanted to take the country back, I thought they meant back to the 1950's. I had no idea they meant the 1850's.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - SuperFlyBCat - 04-24-2014 11:37 AM

I am going to guess that nobody here
has read the new law?

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - Native Georgian - 04-24-2014 11:44 AM

(04-24-2014 11:37 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  I am going to guess that nobody here
has read the new law?
03-yes

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - Lord Stanley - 04-24-2014 11:47 AM

(04-24-2014 11:37 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  I am going to guess that nobody here has read the new law?

Outrageous!

If I read the law it would have delayed me posting.

RE: Georgia governor signs sweeping gun bill into law - blunderbuss - 04-24-2014 11:58 AM

(04-24-2014 11:37 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  I am going to guess that nobody here
has read the new law?

Enlighten us please. I'd love to read the actual law itself since the article doesn't provide it, just links to other news reports as far as I can tell. Not sure why Oklalittledixie referenced an MSNBC report in the first place....

EDIT: found the summary myself....

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/04/11/gun_bill_report.pdf

Clarifies things slightly regarding bars... "long guns" and weapons" permitted. Seems a little open ended to me. Still don't think this is a good idea at all.