CSNbbs
Huskie Bowl report - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Huskie Bowl report (/thread-686831.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Huskie Bowl report - HuskieJohn - 04-19-2014 03:11 PM

No new info in the speeches.

TLL in a boot and crutches :-(

RE: Huskie Bowl report - HuskieJohn - 04-19-2014 03:20 PM

Black team in shorts
89, 46, 76, 40, 88, 62, 57, 20, 37, 78, 75, 76,

Red team in shorts
20, 98, 96,92, 56, 18

More I can't make out too.

Huskie Bowl report - thxjoenovak - 04-19-2014 03:24 PM

If I see one more player with crutches.....

RE: Huskie Bowl report - HuskieJohn - 04-19-2014 03:34 PM

Dear god they found a way to make the hotdogs worse!
The inside of the bun is very soggy and the outside is still stale!
Seriously almost puked...haha

RE: Huskie Bowl report - HuskieJohn - 04-19-2014 03:39 PM

Wedel missed first FG from about 30
kid from Wisconsin made 4 in a row

RE: Huskie Bowl report - HuskieJohn - 04-19-2014 03:50 PM

AD is dressed! Looking good.

7 on 7
#9 QB looking decent
#1 QB not looking great
#12 QB looked the best overall

RE: Huskie Bowl report - HuskieJohn - 04-19-2014 04:19 PM

Easially the best crowd I have seen for a spring game.

I would guess over 2k

Huskie Bowl report - Kansacity88 - 04-19-2014 05:05 PM

(04-19-2014 03:11 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  No new info in the speeches.

TLL in a boot and crutches :-(

Geez! WTH happened now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Huskie Bowl report - JB04 - 04-19-2014 05:06 PM

I found myself naturally focusing in on the QB situation, mostly because that has been where the media focus has been on. But here are my quick observations:

1. Malik Mitchell (#85) was quite impressive. He had speed and size, and although he didn't have any huge stats, really a presence on the field. Obviously, Brescasin was pretty impressive as well...as expected.

2. Other than the above, the offenses were quite lethargic. It simply seemed no rhythm and the QB's were all just a little off. With that said...

3. QB situation. Overall I give the edge to McIntosh. Other than a pick 6 he threw, he looked like he had good short passes and was able to move the ball the best. Also seemed the best in the pocket.

Unfortunately, Maddie did not impress me. He seems to push the ball and somewhat short arms it. Perhaps his running skills didn't shine today because it was a scrimmage, but his passing was behind McIntosh and Hare

Hare had a good arm, still nothing that was exceptional. He has good size and looks like the typical qb, but I would say that you can tell McIntosh and Maddie are better runners.

For the system we run, I would say McIntosh is the best fit. Though no one really stood out, which worries me. McIntosh and Hare were good (but not great) throwing, but McIntosh seems to move a little better. Maddie was further behind throwing the ball, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is a good runner. The problem is we have a deep backfield and need the guy with the arm. My vote BASED ON TODAY only : McIntosh

Moral of the story: Today tells me that the reason the QB battle isn't decided is because no one has really stood out. They all seemed capable, but nothing truly special....yet. Though, I believe someone will rise to the occasion and our WR's are good enough to make decent look really good. I hope our defense was as good as they seemed today...but I think it was the format that made them look better.

RE: Huskie Bowl report - JB04 - 04-19-2014 05:10 PM

Oh yeah...forgot to say that man Akeem Daniels was missed last year. He is one shifty dude and is going to really help this year.

RE: Huskie Bowl report - The Frisky Biscuit - 04-19-2014 05:16 PM

(04-19-2014 03:50 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  AD is dressed! Looking good.

7 on 7
#9 QB looking decent
#1 QB not looking great

I'd hope Frazier would wear clothes....

RE: Huskie Bowl report - HuskieJohn - 04-19-2014 05:24 PM

@sryantribune: #NIU football coach Rod Carey was not happy with his three QBs looking to step into Lynch's old job.A lot for them to think on over summer.

RE: Huskie Bowl report - PrideinthePack - 04-19-2014 05:25 PM

Appreciate the coverage guys.

RE: Huskie Bowl report - NIU007 - 04-19-2014 05:50 PM

If we could have a couple big guys like Brescacin and Mitchell come up big this year, that would be very nice. 03-cloud9 Especially with TLL injured again, I wonder if he'll be okay this fall.

Daniels has huge arms. I heard a coach get asked who was the strongest pound for pound and he said Daniels. Also said he has a 40"+ vertical.

Wonder if he can play basketball too. 06-basketball

RE: Huskie Bowl report - NIU1981 - 04-19-2014 05:55 PM

I'll have a few more thoughts later, have to go out to dinner with my fam or I'm a dead man, but I agree with the QB assessment above. None looked very good today and Carey was blunt about that in his postgame remarks on the radio. (Bill Baker & Co did a great postgame by the way, interviewing several coaches and going over every position group). Maddie looked totally out of sync. McIntosh and Hare were good and bad at times. McIntosh threw a pick 6 that was a bad decision and Hare underthrew a deep ball that should have been picked, it hit Ivory right in the chest. As Carey said the QBs need to look a lot better this fall. If I had to guess I would say McIntosh has a slight edge but its close.

RE: Huskie Bowl report - HuskieJohn - 04-19-2014 05:57 PM

LoL if MD is right with Root

RE: Huskie Bowl report - NIU007 - 04-19-2014 05:58 PM

A lot of the long throws were underthrown. I noticed the flags on the north end showed a stiff south wind, but couldn't tell if it was affecting things on the field that much, or if the QBs were just not putting enough oomph on the passes.

RE: Huskie Bowl report - NIU007 - 04-19-2014 06:00 PM

(04-19-2014 05:57 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  LoL if MD is right with Root

LOL that would be great.

RE: Huskie Bowl report - PrideinthePack - 04-19-2014 06:11 PM

(04-19-2014 05:57 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  LoL if MD is right with Root

If Root is impressive in the summer and these guys continue to range from "ehh" to "so-so" I say why the hell not.

RE: Huskie Bowl report - HuskieFootball Addict - 04-19-2014 06:17 PM

(04-19-2014 03:50 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  AD is dressed! Looking good.

7 on 7
#9 QB looking decent
#1 QB not looking great

# 12 is Drew Hare, right? My husband keeps saying that based on what he saw last year when they put back up QBs in after taking Lynch out, "the kid from Missouri" (Hare) to him looked pretty good. Better arm...more of a throwing QB than a running QB.

Honestly, do we need to have another QB just like Lynch? With Akeem back playing & with Cam Stingly...not so sure we absolutely have to have another super running type QB. I'd be happy with a guy who can make the throws when we need them.