CSNbbs
Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' (/thread-686477.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Max Power - 04-16-2014 03:41 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/15/us-usa-healthcare-poll-idUSBREA3E21220140415

Quote:Nearly one-third of respondents in the online survey released on Tuesday said they prefer Democrats' plan, policy or approach to healthcare, compared to just 18 percent for Republicans. This marks both an uptick in support for Democrats and a slide for Republicans since a similar poll in February. […]

Reuters' February poll showed just about 25 percent of respondents saying that Democrats had a better plan, which ticked up to 32 percent in this month's survey. Given that Republicans have no plan at all, and no real prospects of really being able of coming up with a plan, it might not be surprising that they've lost six points on the issue. Apparently, some Republicans actually do recognize reality.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Smaug - 04-16-2014 03:44 PM

Must be the folks that still think they'll keep their plan if they like it.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - AngryAphid - 04-16-2014 03:44 PM

Funny, my congressman introduced a healthcare plan… and he is a Republican.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Fitbud - 04-16-2014 03:46 PM

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Max Power - 04-16-2014 03:49 PM

Great, then have your congressman talk to the other GOP congressmen in the House and pass your own comprehensive plan. It's only been 4 years. But I'm guessing that won't happen for a multitude of reasons.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Redwingtom - 04-16-2014 03:51 PM

(04-16-2014 03:44 PM)AngryAphid Wrote:  Funny, my congressman introduced a healthcare plan… and he is a Republican.

Was that the one Grayson was talking about? 03-lmfao

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - DaSaintFan - 04-16-2014 03:51 PM

It doesn't matter Max... again there were no less than 10 republican proposals to health care that were NOT allowed to see the floor of the Senate by Harry Reid.

So you're complimenting Americans on their ignorance of what's going on in the Beltway?

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - oklalittledixie - 04-16-2014 03:51 PM

(04-16-2014 03:49 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Great, then have your congressman talk to the other GOP congressmen in the House and pass your own comprehensive plan. It's only been 4 years. But I'm guessing that won't happen for a multitude of reasons.

03-lmfao The GOP had a plan before Obamacare was rammed through congress using a cheap procedure called reconciliation.

You better prepare yourself for big letdown and a realization that this poll is nonsense in November.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Smaug - 04-16-2014 03:52 PM

As if any House plan would see the light of day in the Senate.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Redwingtom - 04-16-2014 03:53 PM

(04-16-2014 03:51 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(04-16-2014 03:49 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Great, then have your congressman talk to the other GOP congressmen in the House and pass your own comprehensive plan. It's only been 4 years. But I'm guessing that won't happen for a multitude of reasons.

03-lmfao The GOP had a plan before Obamacare was rammed through congress using a cheap procedure called reconciliation.

You better prepare yourself for big letdown and a realization that this poll is nonsense in November.

I'd hate to see something actually get rammed through congress. That had to be the slowest ram in history. Heck...what'd it take a year or so?

And I seem to remember that word...reconciliation...wasn't that how Bush passed his tax cuts?

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Redwingtom - 04-16-2014 03:54 PM

(04-16-2014 03:52 PM)Smaug Wrote:  As if any House plan would see the light of day in the Senate.

Idiotic sucky plans that would never pass nor get signed into law? Yeah...I'm glad they never saw the light of day...they would have been nothing but a waste of time and money.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - HeartOfDixie - 04-16-2014 03:54 PM

A month by month poll. Colour me unimpressed.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - DrTorch - 04-16-2014 03:56 PM

The opponents are being killed off.*

*It's a legitimate hypothesis!

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - AngryAphid - 04-16-2014 04:00 PM

The OP exploiting his ignorance about the Republican healthcare
plan is not surprising, most Americans, including media types
have never heard of the Empowering Patients First Act.

Such is the world in which we live.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - oklalittledixie - 04-16-2014 04:01 PM

(04-16-2014 03:54 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(04-16-2014 03:52 PM)Smaug Wrote:  As if any House plan would see the light of day in the Senate.

Idiotic sucky plans that would never pass nor get signed into law? Yeah...I'm glad they never saw the light of day...they would have been nothing but a waste of time and money.

You mean like Obamacare?

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Max Power - 04-16-2014 04:02 PM

Who needs the Senate? The GOP controls the House, so pass it through there! If it's a great plan the American people will tire of Reid's obstruction and vote out the Dems. Oh, and the futility of passing something in the House which stands no chance in the Senate hasn't stopped that chamber from passing FIFTY odd Obamacare repeal bills!

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Redwingtom - 04-16-2014 04:03 PM

(04-16-2014 04:01 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  

You mean like Obamacare?

Ummm...Obamacare did pass and was signed into law. You know...the thing you think has ended life on earth as we know it? Try to keep up.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Redwingtom - 04-16-2014 04:04 PM

(04-16-2014 04:02 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Who needs the Senate? The GOP controls the House, so pass it through there! If it's a great plan the American people will tire of Reid's obstruction and vote out the Dems. Oh, and the futility of passing something in the House which stands no chance in the Senate hasn't stopped that chamber from passing FIFTY odd Obamacare repeal bills!

And before they all go ape ****...yes we know...not all fifty bills were for full repeal.

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Brookes Owl - 04-16-2014 04:05 PM

(04-16-2014 03:41 PM)Max Power Wrote:  http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/15/us-usa-healthcare-poll-idUSBREA3E21220140415

Quote:Nearly one-third of respondents in the online survey released on Tuesday said they prefer Democrats' plan, policy or approach to healthcare, compared to just 18 percent for Republicans. This marks both an uptick in support for Democrats and a slide for Republicans since a similar poll in February. […]

Reuters' February poll showed just about 25 percent of respondents saying that Democrats had a better plan, which ticked up to 32 percent in this month's survey. Given that Republicans have no plan at all, and no real prospects of really being able of coming up with a plan, it might not be surprising that they've lost six points on the issue. Apparently, some Republicans actually do recognize reality.

Shouldn't the takeaway here be that no one has a decent plan?

RE: Reuters: 'Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on health care' - Smaug - 04-16-2014 04:05 PM

So don't ask why they don't come up with something when you know the answer.