CSNbbs
FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation (/thread-686441.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - quo vadis - 04-16-2014 12:02 PM

The NY Times published an article showing that FSU conducted no investigation of the rape claims against infamous Jameis, and even that clown prosecutor Meggs says the police inquiry was botched and almost nonexistent.

FSU is a joke school and their national title is ridiculous. Jameis should not be applauded by anyone.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - DexterDevil - 04-16-2014 05:45 PM

Link?

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - otown - 04-16-2014 05:52 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - oliveandblue - 04-16-2014 06:50 PM

FSU isn't a joke school.

The joke here is the football culture that put a rape investigation BEHIND the team's title run.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - lofi - 04-17-2014 06:31 AM

I encourage folks to read this article.
It is a very damning piece of work.
Here is a paragraph from the article;

"The detective handling the case waited two months to write his first report and then prematurely suspended his inquiry without informing the accuser. By the time the prosecutor got the case, important evidence had disappeared, including the video of the sexual act."

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - Native Georgian - 04-17-2014 06:41 AM

No one should be surprised. This is just FSU acting the way FSU always acts.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - Hokie4Skins - 04-17-2014 06:48 AM

True Detective Season 2: Tallahassee

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - goodknightfl - 04-17-2014 07:06 AM

90% of the blame goes to the police not the school. That being said it was a horridly run investigation by the police, and heads should roll. You have to chase leads early, you can't wait for months and then decide to look.

I also did not here of any drug test being done on her, to see if she was slipped something in the last drink.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - fsugrad99 - 04-17-2014 08:34 AM

Toxicology came back negative, even for alcohol. She claimed she was drunk.

She also did not cooperate with investigators until it hit the news and requested that everything be dropped.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - CliftonAve - 04-17-2014 08:40 AM

(04-16-2014 06:50 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  FSU isn't a joke school.

The joke here is the football culture that put a rape investigation BEHIND the team's title run.

True.

Let's be honest; the shotty handling of this investigation could have (and likely does) happened in about 20-30 different college towns.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - bullet - 04-17-2014 08:48 AM

(04-17-2014 08:34 AM)fsugrad99 Wrote:  Toxicology came back negative, even for alcohol. She claimed she was drunk.

She also did not cooperate with investigators until it hit the news and requested that everything be dropped.

Really? You just make FSU look worse. She was discouraged from pursuing by the police.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - bullet - 04-17-2014 08:50 AM

(04-17-2014 08:40 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

True.

Let's be honest; the shotty handling of this investigation could have (and likely does) happened in about 20-30 different college towns.

The Notre Dame police and the police in Missoula, Montana had the same lackadaisical attitude. And don't forget Missouri with their student-athlete who committed suicide after a rape and their callous attitude about it once they learned of it some time after the fact.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - MinerInWisconsin - 04-17-2014 08:54 AM

(04-17-2014 08:50 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(04-17-2014 08:40 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

True.

The Notre Dame police and the police in Missoula, Montana had the same lackadaisical attitude.

I'm sure you guys are right about that and this would be the time to put an end to that. Social pressure should be put on all schools to not only be full in on the investigation but to also put pressure on the local police and judicial systems. That way the truth can come out and there won't be such lingering doubts and lack of trust.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - HeartOfDixie - 04-17-2014 09:01 AM

A half-assed investigation is still a far cry from guilt.

That said, the fact that the girl is still fighting says a lot to me.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - curtis0620 - 04-17-2014 09:20 AM

The NYT is one step below the National Inquirer.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - Tigeer - 04-17-2014 01:21 PM

(04-17-2014 08:34 AM)fsugrad99 Wrote:  Toxicology came back negative, even for alcohol. She claimed she was drunk.

I wouldn't interject in this, if I were you.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - Native Georgian - 04-17-2014 01:25 PM

(04-17-2014 09:01 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  A half-assed investigation is still a far cry from guilt.
True. I have not formed any conclusions about Winston's guilt or innocence. But there is no serious question IMHO that local authorities, both on- and off-campus, handled this as slackly as possible. Whether that is the result of deliberate or unconscious bias, or incompetence, or some combination, I don't know. But it was definitely the result.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - ken d - 04-17-2014 02:27 PM

When did it become the responsibility of schools to conduct criminal investigations? What would we expect them to find that police would not? And how credible would we consider their findings, whatever they were? Wouldn't we always assume they were biased?

There's plenty of room for blame in how this was handled. I'm just not sure FSU is where it should be directed.

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - bullet - 04-17-2014 02:53 PM

(04-17-2014 02:27 PM)ken d Wrote:  When did it become the responsibility of schools to conduct criminal investigations? What would we expect them to find that police would not? And how credible would we consider their findings, whatever they were? Wouldn't we always assume they were biased?

There's plenty of room for blame in how this was handled. I'm just not sure FSU is where it should be directed.

Title IX. And the Clery Act which is where Penn St. is still in some trouble for the Sandusky matter. There's some discussion on this report on Missouri's mishandling of their swimmer's rape:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10767938/report-says-missouri-tigers-follow-federal-law-handling-suicide-case

RE: FSU conducted NO investigation of Jameis rape accusation - bullet - 04-17-2014 02:54 PM

The Clery Act was passed when some university or universities failed to let students know about sexual offenses and more occurred. Its a requirement to keep students informed of risks.