CSNbbs
On These Courts: A Miracle Season that Changed a City, a Once-Future Star, and a Team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: On These Courts: A Miracle Season that Changed a City, a Once-Future Star, and a Team (/thread-686358.html)

On These Courts: A Miracle Season that Changed a City, a Once-Future Star, and a Team - MEMTIGERFAN20 - 04-15-2014 07:04 PM

Has anyone read Penny new book? I just got it at Barnes and Noble today and have heard good things about it. On amazon they rate it a 4.7 out of a 5 only on 22 reviews though. Thanks and Go Tigers!

RE: On These Courts: A Miracle Season that Changed a City, a Once-Future Star, and a Team - fathergoose714 - 04-17-2014 06:25 AM

Yeah I read it and thought it was well done over all but being from Memphis I had a hard time listening to thugs talk to the writer in that Memphis slang. Very good story and like what he did for his friend.

On These Courts: A Miracle Season that Changed a City, a Once-Future Star, and a Team - michaelf - 04-17-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:Former NBA star Anfernee “Penny” Hardaway grew up in Binghampton, one of the roughest sections of Memphis. Due in no small part to the self-discipline and strong values his grandmother instilled in him, plus his singular talent, Penny beat the incredible odds and made it to the NBA. He was such a special player that it seemed inevitable that he would win at least one championship and end up in the Hall of Fame. But dogged by injuries, Penny was never able to live up to his full basketball star potential.

After retirement Penny returned to Memphis and struggled with the question most professional athletes face when their bright-lights careers come to an end: What now? The unexpected answer came from Desmond Merriweather, one of Penny’s oldest friends. Desmond had recently been diagnosed with colon cancer and needed someone to replace him as head coach of the Lester Middle School basketball team in

[Image: 512lWtpEDmL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopR...3,200_.jpg]

On These Courts: A Miracle Season that Changed a City, a Once-Future Star, and a Team Forever