CSNbbs
Church Cross Set on Fire - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Church Cross Set on Fire (/thread-686195.html)

Pages: 1 2

Church Cross Set on Fire - EverRespect - 04-14-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:A wooden cross that sits in front of an Upstate church was set on fire over the weekend, according to an incident report from the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office.

A church deacon at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church on Old Howard Gap Road reported the burned cross on Saturday morning.

He told deputies that someone set fire to the large wooden cross which had a wreath and purple cloth over it between 6 p.m. Friday and 9:30 a.m. Saturday.

According to an incident report, church leaders believed that a purple cloth and crown of thorns on the cross were set on fire, and the flames ultimately charred the cross and the grass around it.

"To think in 2014 something like this is still happening, it's just a tragedy," the Rev. Walter R. Belton told WYFF News4's Mike McCormick. "Like anyone, anger was the first (reaction). But then something else came, when you think about an individual who can actually do something like that, you really want to pray for them, because apparently they're not where they need to be with God."

The church’s camp director spoke with officers at the scene and she said on Friday a truck pulled into the church parking lot while the children were on the playground.

She said she approached the truck and one of the men inside made a comment about burning everything down across the street so he would be able to see Howard Street.

"Regardless of who did it, it was a horrible thing to do it, especially in front of a church," said Belton.

Belton is reviewing surveillance video from cameras outside the church.

Deputies said they have no suspects or motive, and that there is no indication that the arson was a hate crime.

"Even though they set fire to the cross in an attempt to destroy it, the fact that it's still standing it's a testimony to our faith that regardless of what happened, we're going to be here, we're going to make a difference," Belson said. "I think to leave it up is a testimony to the one who tried to destroy it to let them know that we're not going to be defeated."

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/church-cross-set-on-fire/25465304#ixzz2ytXQqPAu

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - HeartOfDixie - 04-14-2014 03:43 PM

Sounds like Reddit atheists.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - Lord Stanley - 04-14-2014 03:49 PM

Probably a conservative racist looking to promote their brand of radical religion hatred through fear and intimidation.

No, wait. Mostly that's liberals perpetrating faux-gay and faux-racial hate crimes to "raise awareness."

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - ncbeta - 04-14-2014 03:52 PM

(04-14-2014 03:43 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Sounds like Reddit atheists.

Redditor extremists are some of the worst people on this earth. I love putting a good troll thread in the feminism section. "Wife wants to move back to school while I work 50/hr weeks, watch the kids, and pay the bills. I just want her to come home on weekends, is that too much to ask?

Wheewww you'd think you were asking for them to cut off their own legs so that Bin Laden could come back to life with the kind of responses they throw out. "You scumbag, how dare you ask her to sacrifice her weekends to study, how dare you ask her to bare your child, how dare you ask her to put her life on hold just so you have some help watching the kids, die you fascist pig!" Better to keep them occupied on reddit then to have their free time being used for constructive purposes (I guess they could say the same about us here).

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - dmacfour - 04-14-2014 03:55 PM

(04-14-2014 03:52 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  

Redditor extremists are some of the worst people on this earth. I love putting a good troll thread in the feminism section. "Wife wants to move back to school while I work 50/hr weeks, watch the kids, and pay the bills. I just want her to come home on weekends, is that too much to ask?

Wheewww you'd think you were asking for them to cut off their own legs so that Bin Laden could come back to life with the kind of responses they throw out.

If you want to read something cringeworthy, check out some of the comments in this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/22ytug/dear_conservatives_if_you_want_to_live_in_a/

I'm not even conservative, and the way characterize "conservatives" makes me angry. They actually believe that members of the GOP would support gassing all of gays or starting a nuclear war for Jesus.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - DrTorch - 04-14-2014 03:57 PM

(04-14-2014 03:55 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  They actually believe that members of the GOP would support gassing all of gays or starting a nuclear war for Jesus.

How stupid can they be!? 01-lauramac2

It's libertarians who would do that.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - ncbeta - 04-14-2014 03:59 PM

(04-14-2014 03:55 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  

Wheewww you'd think you were asking for them to cut off their own legs so that Bin Laden could come back to life with the kind of responses they throw out.

If you want to read something cringeworthy, check out some of the comments in this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/22ytug/dear_conservatives_if_you_want_to_live_in_a/

I'm not even conservative, and the way characterize "conservatives" makes me angry. They actually believe that members of the GOP would support gassing all of gays or starting a nuclear war for Jesus.

I'm good. No need for the loss of brain cells. I'm conservative on some issues, kind of liberal on others. I don't mind listening to the other side but I refuse to listen to a bunch of extremists.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - olliebaba - 04-14-2014 03:59 PM

You mean, we aren't? Oh the infamy.

03-lmfao

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - DragonLair - 04-14-2014 04:08 PM

I think they just melted my brain from there absolute sheer stupidity. I am officially not good for anymore thinking today after reading that pile of radioactive crap!

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - Fitbud - 04-14-2014 04:10 PM

Burning crosses is a tactic of the KKK.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - Smaug - 04-14-2014 04:13 PM

(04-14-2014 04:10 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Burning crosses is a tactic of the KKK.

They typically burned their own crosses, not other people's.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - Lord Stanley - 04-14-2014 04:17 PM

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - DrTorch - 04-14-2014 04:17 PM

Thank you Rainman.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - Fitbud - 04-14-2014 04:20 PM

(04-14-2014 04:17 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Thank you Rainman.

You're welcome flamer.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - DrTorch - 04-14-2014 04:21 PM

(04-14-2014 04:20 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Thank you Rainman.

You're welcome flamer.

Poor fitbud gets his widdle feelings hurt.

Hey, you don't want me to comment on your low IQ, then don't show it off so much. 05-nono

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - Fitbud - 04-14-2014 04:23 PM

(04-14-2014 04:21 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(04-14-2014 04:20 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Thank you Rainman.

You're welcome flamer.

Poor fitbud gets his widdle feelings hurt.

Hey, you don't want me to comment on your low IQ, then don't show it off so much. 05-nono

Feeling hurt? What makes you think I got my feelings hurt? I thought you were making a joke and so I made one too.

You are Dr. Touch so I called you flamer. 03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - Hitch - 04-14-2014 04:24 PM

(04-14-2014 04:13 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

Membership is down. With a low donation stream, you have to cut costs somehow.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - olliebaba - 04-14-2014 04:24 PM

Dr. Touch?

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - Fitbud - 04-14-2014 04:28 PM

05-ban
(04-14-2014 04:24 PM)Hitch Wrote:  
(04-14-2014 04:13 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

Membership is down. With a low donation stream, you have to cut costs somehow.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Well played.

RE: Church Cross Set on Fire - DrTorch - 04-14-2014 04:37 PM

(04-14-2014 04:24 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Dr. Touch?

He's confusing me with this guy