CSNbbs
Balls and Cravatta gone - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Balls and Cravatta gone (/thread-686094.html)

Pages: 1 2

Balls and Cravatta gone - niusfactuary - 04-13-2014 03:54 PM

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10702122/tracking-every-transfer-2014-offseason-college-basketball

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - NIU75 - 04-13-2014 04:10 PM

We all know this will happen every year. Players leave or get pushed out all the time to free up scholarships and space. We will see this week the boiler plate letter from MM wishing them well and thanking them for their service to NIU.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - 17Huskies - 04-13-2014 05:36 PM

As expected. The people in the other thread saying we weren't going to lose anyone were just being silly.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - dekalb222 - 04-13-2014 05:45 PM

Yes, no surprise here. Balls was odd man out at pg. Orris and Baker will handle that spot. Cravatta wasn't on scholly this year, I believe. He was only going to get about 4-5 mins a game. One guy to watch is Baker, I believe Orris is much better than him and I would hope he doesn't leave because of that. Orris and Baker will be a very good pg duo. Also, lets see what happens with the Gray twins. The bball team will be in the yard at the spring game.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - dekalb222 - 04-13-2014 05:50 PM

17huskie, what was said was we would not lose anyone that the coaches didn't want to lose. That's completely different than losing a guy you wanted to keep. So no it wasn't silly! Orris and Johnson practiced all season with the team. The players know how good they are.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - thxjoenovak - 04-13-2014 05:53 PM

(04-13-2014 05:45 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  Yes, no surprise here. Balls was odd man out at pg. Orris and Baker will handle that spot. Cravatta wasn't on scholly this year, I believe. He was only going to get about 4-5 mins a game. One guy to watch is Baker, I believe Orris is much better than him and I would hope he doesn't leave because of that. Orris and Baker will be a very good pg duo. Also, lets see what happens with the Gray twins. The bball team will be in the yard at the spring game.

Oh good.

"Hey Kevin..Hey Keith..Just curious if you guys were coming back next year. Oh, and I'm totally cool if you decide not too...." 04-bolt

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - dekalb222 - 04-13-2014 06:00 PM

NIU has one scholly available now. I am hoping for two more. I also believe there is a slim chance that there could be another. Orris, Highsmith, Aaric Armstead, Bowie, Threloff, Baker, Aaron Armstead, Johnson and Maric as long as you don't lose guys from this list its all good.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - dekalb222 - 04-13-2014 07:11 PM

Its unreal how many kids transfer in bball. It has become a problem and must be addressed.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - 7 - 04-13-2014 08:39 PM

Yeah it's not like these are big losses.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - HuskiePride12 - 04-13-2014 08:44 PM

Makes room for the kid from Illini that 7 mentioned.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - Michael James - 04-13-2014 09:02 PM

I think this is for the best, Mark can bring someone in who can theoretically challenge for minutes where these two couldn't. They can also bring in a young big to help the transition after next year.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - The Frisky Biscuit - 04-13-2014 11:50 PM

(04-13-2014 07:11 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  Its unreal how many kids transfer in bball. It has become a problem and must be addressed.

I don't know why it's a problem. People don't like it, which is fine, but it's not really a problem. Players want to play, coaches don't want to be stuck with a guy for 4 years if he's not good enough or a good fit. I have no issue with it.

...and players can really only transfer once, so it's not like they can just keep transferring.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - dekalb222 - 04-14-2014 12:35 AM

lets make the players eligible right away and let them transfer as often as they want. I believe it hurts as many teams and players as it helps. Many transfers have the same problems after they transfer.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - Michael James - 04-14-2014 01:01 AM

Part of it is the recruiting promises too. Kids with low intelligence are swayed to come to a school because of different reasons and they aren't smart enough to realize that its a bad idea. They want out and will go anywhere, and end up even unhappier.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - klake87 - 04-14-2014 06:54 AM

(04-13-2014 08:39 PM)7 Wrote:  Yeah it's not like these are big losses.

They will be bottom of the rotation players. They want to play more and MM wants to improve the depth of his team.

Both will get scholarships somewhere and will continue to get free education just wont be at NIU

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - dekalb222 - 04-14-2014 07:43 AM

Not sure they will get schollys. Cravatta didn't have one here, this year.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - Michael James - 04-14-2014 11:57 AM

He might get one at D2 level, I don't think JJ is cut out for D1.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - OldTtimeNIU - 04-14-2014 05:45 PM

Nether player would have seen much pt....best they go somewhere they can get substantial pt....D11 perhaps

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - Max Power - 04-14-2014 10:24 PM

D 11? Man I hope they can do better than that! Do they play their games on the Ocho?

Another ISU transfer? Muller has been chasing off serious talent. Threloff worked out well and this guy has 2 years left and can shoot it.

https://twitter.com/prepbullseye

Quote:With NIU having one of the top MBA programs in the Midwest look for Huskies HC Mark Montgomery & his staff to HEAVILY pursue Nick Zeisloft.

RE: Balls and Cravatta gone - Dog Fan - 04-15-2014 07:46 AM

(04-14-2014 10:24 PM)Max Power Wrote:  D 11? Man I hope they can do better than that! Do they play their games on the Ocho?

Another ISU transfer? Muller has been chasing off serious talent. Threloff worked out well and this guy has 2 years left and can shoot it.

https://twitter.com/prepbullseye

Quote:With NIU having one of the top MBA programs in the Midwest look for Huskies HC Mark Montgomery & his staff to HEAVILY pursue Nick Zeisloft.

Isn't this Threloff's last year?