CSNbbs
Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat (/thread-684805.html)

Pages: 1 2

Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - uabblazer2012 - 04-02-2014 03:25 PM

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2014/04/goodbye_blaze_hello_knowledge.html

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - Memphis Blazer - 04-02-2014 03:29 PM

Oh boy. Another gripe thread

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 04-02-2014 03:31 PM

We had a tag design that had BOTH the motto and the dragon logo on it right here on BT. There is no reason it had to be one or the other.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - DragonClaw - 04-02-2014 04:22 PM

Purty boring.

I like the slogan. I can even accept no Blaze. But can't we somehow add a little more pizzazz? This design is a snoozer.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - mixduptransistor - 04-02-2014 04:39 PM

Don't bother contacting the Alumni Society about it, they don't seem to think it's important to reply to emails from the alumni.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - WesternBlazer - 04-02-2014 04:41 PM

(04-02-2014 03:31 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  We had a tag design that had BOTH the motto and the dragon logo on it right here on BT. There is no reason it had to be one or the other.

Maybe it wasn't a "significant" enough change. Kind of a weird rule...

"State regulations require universities to periodically redesign tags in a significant way, meaning that Blaze had to be removed from the plate, Bakken said in a news release today."

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - ATTALLABLAZE - 04-02-2014 04:54 PM

If UAB HAS to remove Blaze then shouldn't Bama, Auburn, and Troy remove their logos? Just sayin' That fat ass A is pretty fugly.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - CourtsideBlazer - 04-02-2014 05:58 PM

neither AU or UA has a mascot on their plates. Just the letter logo.....much like ours. Agreed - the UAB plate is much more boring, however.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - Blazer Engineer - 04-02-2014 06:29 PM

I talked to the alumni society at signing day. They gave me a pretty through response. Bottom line is that revenue dept screwed uab

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - LairDweller - 04-02-2014 06:57 PM

(04-02-2014 04:39 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Don't bother contacting the Alumni Society about it, they don't seem to think it's important to reply to emails from the alumni.

This is exactly why I didn't renew with the NAS for years, and openly criticized them here. To their credit, bc of my criticism, I was contacted by multiple representatives and assured that things have changed.
This is the 2nd post of this nature I've seen recently. It saddens me that many years later, others are having a similar experience to the one that originally caused me to leave (although I have recently rejoined).

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license - mixduptransistor - 04-02-2014 08:48 PM

(04-02-2014 04:41 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 03:31 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  We had a tag design that had BOTH the motto and the dragon logo on it right here on BT. There is no reason it had to be one or the other.

"State regulations require universities to periodically redesign tags in a significant way, meaning that Blaze had to be removed from the plate, Bakken said in a news release today."

I'm not buying it. Here are the current and previous tags for several universities in Alabama:

[Image: au-tags-deas.jpg]
[Image: GkXOtGgl.jpg]
[Image: eRzyemQl.jpg]
[Image: 04cartag3.jpg]
[Image: lVHvmVyl.jpg]
[Image: 5f4EnHYl.jpg]
[Image: fUxMdAhl.jpg]
[Image: 2SMbJvml.jpg]
[Image: SEUmQMtl.jpg]
[Image: 12sJCyFl.jpg]
[Image: O3IH2EZl.jpg]
[Image: U09O7CBl.jpg]

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - BlazerFire - 04-02-2014 08:58 PM

"meaning that Blaze had to be removed from the plate"

wrong.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - BlazerPhil - 04-02-2014 08:59 PM

(04-02-2014 08:48 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 04:41 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  

I'm not buying it. Here are the current and previous tags for several universities in Alabama:

[Image: au-tags-deas.jpg]
[Image: GkXOtGgl.jpg]
[Image: eRzyemQl.jpg]
[Image: 04cartag3.jpg]
[Image: lVHvmVyl.jpg]
[Image: 5f4EnHYl.jpg]
[Image: fUxMdAhl.jpg]
[Image: 2SMbJvml.jpg]
[Image: SEUmQMtl.jpg]
[Image: 12sJCyFl.jpg]
[Image: O3IH2EZl.jpg]
[Image: U09O7CBl.jpg]

Come on MUT ! You know better than to cloud the issue with facts .

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - Memphis Blazer - 04-02-2014 09:03 PM

It's an outrage. I tellya!

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - GreenMississippi - 04-02-2014 09:11 PM

What's done is done. Just make sure to let it be known you're not buying this one because it is boring, and the UAB is even too small to read, and the next one needs a better design.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - UAB Band Dad - 04-02-2014 09:32 PM

Roger that, because it's the damn truth.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - Blazer Engineer - 04-02-2014 10:33 PM

Somehow UAB got into a pissing contest with the dept of revenue., and got the short end of the stick. I know a couple of people at revenue and they gave me the same story UAB did.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 04-02-2014 10:44 PM

(04-02-2014 10:33 PM)Blazer Engineer Wrote:  Somehow UAB got into a pissing contest with the dept of revenue., and got the short end of the stick. I know a couple of people at revenue and they gave me the same story UAB did.

The Dept. of Revenue is the same agency that said it would NOT send "Alabama dollars" to out of state schools even if 1,000 of their alumni filled the requirement to have them made. Imagine that -- they won't send the $35 or $40 each "vanity tag" to an out of state school while both of our BCS schools send several MILLIONS EVERY YEAR to schools in wealthier states for a few football games. Talk about "Penny wise and pound foolish", our state is a poster child for irony.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - thebernreuter - 04-02-2014 11:02 PM

I'm just going to guess he said something about education funding.

RE: Goodbye 'Blaze,' hello 'knowledge,' as alumni promote new design for UAB license plat - blazers9911 - 04-03-2014 08:26 AM

(04-02-2014 11:02 PM)thebernreuter Wrote:  I'm just going to guess he said something about education funding.

Close enough.