CSNbbs
Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? (/thread-684728.html)

Pages: 1 2

Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Machiavelli - 04-02-2014 07:23 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/01/politics/jonathan-pollard-debate/

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Machiavelli - 04-02-2014 07:30 AM

Another article.

I just can't slip the feeling that I have a better chance at winning the lottery than peace between the Isrealis and the Palestinians. It's just not going to happen. They have to want peace and neither side truly does. Too many old scores to settle.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/01/opinion/ghitis-jonathan-pollard/index.html

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - VA49er - 04-02-2014 07:32 AM

(04-02-2014 07:30 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Another article.

I just can't slip the feeling that I have a better chance at winning the lottery than peace between the Isrealis and the Palestinians. It's just not going to happen. They have to want peace and neither side truly does. Too many old scores to settle.

You are probably right. If only outside interests would get out may the Israelis and Palestinians could work on some kind of peace.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Owl 69/70/75 - 04-02-2014 07:40 AM

(04-02-2014 07:30 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Another article.

The problem is not that they don't want peace, it's that they can't have it. There is no way that both a Jewish state and a Palestinian state can both survive, let alone prosper, inside the land area that Israel includes. If you disagree, then take a map and a pencil and draw lines that would work. There is no workable two-state solution because there aren't two workable states there.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Machiavelli - 04-02-2014 07:41 AM

I've wrote about this before. Instead of the UN being in NY we should have set up Jerusalem as an international city. Everyone OWNS it..... No one owns it..... I still think 3/4's of the problem is both of their religions place the very same buildings as sacrosanct. How do you win there? My idea is you make it ALL like a religious Disney World. Everyone gets jobs that way. Heck make it a free trade zone and the world picks up the tab til it becomes self sustaining. If you think about the money we have wasted on that area. I'm up for just about anything in the name of peace over there and you know what brings peace. MONEY... You know what buries old wounds??? A fat wallet. You righties could make a little Galt's Gulch in a surrounding area over there. Call it Glenn Beckville. I'm all ears.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - SumOfAllFears - 04-02-2014 07:46 AM

There can be no peace if the Palestinians will not recognize Israel's right to exist. UN242. A two state solution is a dream of knaves.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - QuestionSocratic - 04-02-2014 07:48 AM

The best two state solution would be to move all the Palestinians to an area in Saudi Arabia.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Machiavelli - 04-02-2014 07:51 AM

You will never have peace that way? The Palestinians should assimilate into Isreal. They should all learn to get along together.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Machiavelli - 04-02-2014 07:53 AM

Put the heat on Isreal that way. Turn it on their heads like Nelson Mandela did to S. Africa but that would take rational thought and it is in short supply over there from both parties from what I can see.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - VA49er - 04-02-2014 07:53 AM

(04-02-2014 07:46 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  There can be no peace if the Palestinians will not recognize Israel's right to exist. UN242. A two state solution is a dream of knaves.

Is that solely the Palestinians mindset or is it perpetrated from the Iranians via Hezbollah?

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Owl 69/70/75 - 04-02-2014 07:56 AM

(04-02-2014 07:48 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  The best two state solution would be to move all the Palestinians to an area in Saudi Arabia.

Saudis won't accept them. No Arab state will.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Paul M - 04-02-2014 08:12 AM

(04-02-2014 07:56 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 07:48 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  The best two state solution would be to move all the Palestinians to an area in Saudi Arabia.

Saudis won't accept them. No Arab state will.

Yes, no one will accept them but it's the only solution. Thus, no solution.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - SumOfAllFears - 04-02-2014 08:40 AM

(04-02-2014 07:51 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  You will never have peace that way? The Palestinians should assimilate into Isreal. They should all learn to get along together.

That's been tried, Arabs living and working in Israel is a good life for many Palestinians, but the radical Moselims will have none of it. Killing and maiming Israeli women and children is sport for them. Blame them not Israel.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Machiavelli - 04-02-2014 09:26 AM

I agree for the most part SOAF but unfortunately we have no innocent parties here. Innocent blood is on both sides hands.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - I45owl - 04-02-2014 12:39 PM

Back on topic, the Obama administration has basically offered to release a convicted spy in exchange for the Israelis release of hundreds of convicted murderers and terrorists. It is basically as simple as that.

One comment that I read on the situation is that the Obama administration's attempts at Mideast Peace are not only a spectacular failure, but they are now scrambling to ensure that the result of those attempts does not end in violence.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Smaug - 04-02-2014 12:52 PM

(04-02-2014 07:51 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  You will never have peace that way? The Palestinians should assimilate into Isreal. They should all learn to get along together.

Don't hold your breath. The Palestines only one state, and it ain't Israel.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - QuestionSocratic - 04-02-2014 01:06 PM

(04-02-2014 12:52 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

There's absolutely not one shred of evidence that statement is correct.

Unless you consider this as evidence:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-leader-prays-for-annihilation-of-americans-jews/

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - SuperFlyBCat - 04-02-2014 01:39 PM

Palestinians and their elected leaders do not want peace, they want to kill.

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - Smaug - 04-02-2014 02:04 PM

(04-02-2014 01:06 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 12:52 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

There's absolutely not one shred of evidence that statement is correct.

Unless you consider this as evidence:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-leader-prays-for-annihilation-of-americans-jews/

Totally counts. 03-lol

RE: Jordan Pollard- I wonder what WMD's thoughts are? - QuestionSocratic - 04-02-2014 04:29 PM

I doubt there is anyone on this board who is a more committed supporter of Israel than I am but I'd never send him back.

There is only one thing you need remember when you discuss peace agreements with Muslims, the Koran says: “Allah is not bound by any contract or treaty with non-Muslims..." That about sums it up.