CSNbbs
Wake Forest hires Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Wake Forest hires Tulsa's Danny Manning. (/thread-684515.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Wake Forest hires Tulsa's Danny Manning. - BamaScorpio69 - 03-31-2014 08:15 PM

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10705446/wake-forest-demon-deacons-interested-danny-manning

Excerpt:

Wake Forest has significant interest in Tulsa coach Danny Manning, sources told ESPN.com.

It's still unclear where the former Kansas star, who went to the NCAA tournament in just his second season as the coach of the Golden Hurricane, sits on Wake athletic director Ron Wellman's wish list. However, one source close to the process said that Manning has a legitimate shot to land the job.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Ole Blue - 03-31-2014 08:52 PM

Wake would be a huge step up - and a good choice both for the school and for Manning. He is an ACC caliber coach.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - goldenhurricane2 - 03-31-2014 09:44 PM

He can do better than wake forest. Hopefully he holds out for more of a destination job when one comes available.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Pony94 - 03-31-2014 09:47 PM

Just don't see Danny being such a short fuse guy

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - ecumbh1999 - 03-31-2014 10:25 PM

(03-31-2014 09:44 PM)goldenhurricane2 Wrote:  He can do better than wake forest. Hopefully he holds out for more of a destination job when one comes available.

Yeah, Wake is in bad place at the wrong time, with the conference getting harder. Plus, it hard to recruit there with their academic standards, their FB coach walk away this year because he couldn't do any better with their standards.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - mistabinks - 03-31-2014 10:34 PM

Stay in Tulsa until 'the job' comes along. Probably in the nba

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Ole Blue - 03-31-2014 10:35 PM

Wake is very close to becoming a powerhouse basketball school again.

I saw some impressive things from the Deacs this year.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Alumniner2012 - 03-31-2014 10:37 PM

Wake makes a lot of sense. Manning is originally from Greensboro, 30 minutes from Winston-Salem.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - BamaScorpio69 - 03-31-2014 10:39 PM

Yeah I don't know how Wake is a bad job considering they once was a powerhouse in the ACC. Academic standards isn't the reason why the Deacons haven't been good lately and the right coach will get them back into the top half on the AAC.

That said, I don't think Manning is leaving Tulsa anytime soon but stranger things have happened. As the previous poster stated, Manning is from Greensboro.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - ecumbh1999 - 03-31-2014 10:54 PM

(03-31-2014 10:39 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Yeah I don't know how Wake is a bad job considering they once was a powerhouse in the ACC. Academic standards isn't the reason why the Deacons haven't been good lately and the right coach will get them back into the top half on the AAC.

That said, I don't think Manning is leaving Tulsa anytime soon but stranger things have happened. As the previous poster stated, Manning is from Greensboro.

Once, but no more, they been down since Dino was let go.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - BamaScorpio69 - 03-31-2014 11:02 PM

(03-31-2014 10:54 PM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  
(03-31-2014 10:39 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Yeah I don't know how Wake is a bad job considering they once was a powerhouse in the ACC. Academic standards isn't the reason why the Deacons haven't been good lately and the right coach will get them back into the top half on the AAC.

And with the right coach they'll get back to being a good program.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Alumniner2012 - 03-31-2014 11:05 PM

(03-31-2014 10:54 PM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  

Wake just bought LJVM, their basketball arena, in August from the city of Winston-Salem after the city couldn't afford to maintain the facility anymore. A lot of money is about to be pumped into that program.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Fort Bend Owl - 04-01-2014 05:45 AM

Wake will be pretty darn good if they can figure out a way to get Chris Paul and Tim Duncan some more eligibility.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - goldenhurricane2 - 04-01-2014 08:21 AM

Don't get me wrong - Wake Forest is a great school (I even considered it for my undergrad) with great hoops tradition. I don't mean any disrespect to them, I'm just saying from what I've heard about comments made is that he would like to wait for a large jump up to a major program when the time comes.

Take it for what it's worth. I wish Danny the best whether it's in Tulsa or anywhere else. He's a great person and obviously a great coach.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - goldenhurricane2 - 04-01-2014 08:21 AM

Plus he's meeting with the university president and ad about a raise and contract extension.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - goldenhurricane2 - 04-01-2014 02:06 PM

According to the tulsa world, TU is going to offer manning $1 million/year, extended contract and assistant coach raises.

Looks like we're doing almost everything we can to keep him from Wake Forest.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Fort Bend Owl - 04-04-2014 08:54 AM

ESPN reporting Manning is taking the Wake Forest job.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - USMSTUD - 04-04-2014 08:56 AM

(04-04-2014 08:54 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  ESPN reporting Manning is taking the Wake Forest job.
Good for him

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Niner National - 04-04-2014 08:58 AM

(04-04-2014 08:54 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  ESPN reporting Manning is taking the Wake Forest job.

No surprise there. Near his hometown, in a better conference, and probably a good bit more $$$$.

It is easy to re-energize the fan base at WF. The past few years have been rough, but the potential there is just so much higher than at Tulsa. At Wake he can be at the heart of some of the best college basketball in the country with 3 rivals and two national powerhouses an hour and a half away.

RE: Wake Forest interested in Tulsa's Danny Manning. - Memphis Blazer - 04-04-2014 09:04 AM

Worst career move since Tony Barbee

Unlike Barbee though, Manning will always have his name to bank on.