CSNbbs
The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... (/thread-684359.html)

The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - Maize - 03-30-2014 03:41 PM

May not get paid like a P5 League but they produce on the Field/Court...Congrats to UConn...04-cheers

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - Redvolution - 03-30-2014 03:43 PM

(03-30-2014 03:41 PM)Maize Wrote:  May not get paid like a P5 League but they produce on the Field/Court...Congrats to UConn...04-cheers

Side note: Aresco was on TV earlier this week and said that renegotiation with TV will be taking place soon, FWIW.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - stever20 - 03-30-2014 03:45 PM

and best part for the AAC is neither one of those was done by Louisville. (note, not trying to stir stuff here, just saying for long term, having it not be Louisville is huge).

And, very possible- 2 teams(including Louisville) will get into the Women's final 4.....

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - Maize - 03-30-2014 03:46 PM

(03-30-2014 03:45 PM)stever20 Wrote:  and best part for the AAC is neither one of those was done by Louisville. (note, not trying to stir stuff here, just saying for long term, having it not be Louisville is huge).

And, very possible- 2 teams(including Louisville) will get into the Women's final 4.....

That fine...happy for the AAC...don't shed a tear for us... had a outstanding year ourselves.04-cheers

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - ncbeta - 03-30-2014 03:52 PM

UL definitely had a great year, and they really did help by showing how tough the conference really was this year.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - stever20 - 03-30-2014 03:56 PM

(03-30-2014 03:52 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  UL definitely had a great year, and they really did help by showing how tough the conference really was this year.

No doubt. My point is for the team that reached the pinnacle, for it to not be them though is huge for the AAC long term.

I really don't know if you asked Aresco back in August to draw up a best case scenario for this year that he would have said anything more than what's happened this year. Even when something bad happens(SMU not getting in)- it probably will help SMU long term getting 4-5 games instead of likely 1-2 games.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - BigEastHomer - 03-30-2014 03:56 PM

GO AAC!!!!!!!!

GO UCF!!!!!! GO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!

And keep an eye out for the NFL draft!

[Image: 80684841.jpg]

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - HP-TBDPITL - 03-30-2014 04:16 PM

Well Aresco kept saying that this conference was going to compete at the highest level. There is no doubt when you win a BCS game against the Big 12 champ and go to the Final Four that you are playing at the highest level.

What's even more interesting is that the league has competed ABOVE those that have left (or are leaving) this year...so TCU, Louisville, Boise, Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers, Villanova, GTown, Marquette, etc....all those have decided to leave the league (or not join)...and the American keeps on ticking.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - The Real LHS81 - 03-30-2014 05:13 PM

I know a lot of people don't get excited about the NIT. But, the NCAA snub was the best thing that could happen to SMU's basketball team. They get a game (possibly 2) at Madison Square Garden. Not to mention a possible extra 5 games.

They lose 2 seniors, and I think they're expecting more from the team next year.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - stever20 - 03-30-2014 05:18 PM

(03-30-2014 05:13 PM)The Real LHS81 Wrote:  I know a lot of people don't get excited about the NIT. But, the NCAA snub was the best thing that could happen to SMU's basketball team. They get a game (possibly 2) at Madison Square Garden. Not to mention a possible extra 5 games.

They lose 2 seniors, and I think they're expecting more from the team next year.

It'd be an extra 3-4 games. Would have gotten 1-2 games in the NCAA tourney. But still, I think you are probably right as a total concept....

Same goes in the Big Ten with Minnesota in my opinion.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - orangefan - 03-30-2014 05:26 PM

Congrats to UConn and the American.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - Kittonhead - 03-30-2014 06:05 PM

(03-30-2014 03:43 PM)Redvolution Wrote:  
(03-30-2014 03:41 PM)Maize Wrote:  May not get paid like a P5 League but they produce on the Field/Court...Congrats to UConn...04-cheers

Side note: Aresco was on TV earlier this week and said that renegotiation with TV will be taking place soon, FWIW.

Interesting prospect for the AAC.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - orangefan - 03-31-2014 06:39 PM

Add to the resume this season having three first team basketball All Americans - Shabazz Napier, Sean Kilpatrick and Russ Smith. First time since the ACC in 2002.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - Fear The Frog - 04-01-2014 12:05 AM

Congrats

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - CardFan1 - 04-01-2014 05:46 AM

(03-30-2014 05:13 PM)The Real LHS81 Wrote:  I know a lot of people don't get excited about the NIT. But, the NCAA snub was the best thing that could happen to SMU's basketball team. They get a game (possibly 2) at Madison Square Garden. Not to mention a possible extra 5 games.

Kentucky made the NIT last year, Lost in the Opening round, had a good recruiting class and now are in the Final Four. Dreams can come true.

RE: The AAC...BCS Bowl Winner...Men's Final Four... - Hokie Mark - 04-01-2014 06:38 AM

The American Athletic Conference has done quite well in both football and basketball this year. FWIW, you guys deserve a better TV contract, IMO.