CSNbbs
View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight (/thread-683485.html)

Pages: 1 2

View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - africavol - 03-23-2014 11:23 PM

stayed for ur game

UVA runs a very unorthodox D and its very very good on D

I thought ur kids seemed to be in a rush the entire night on O

needed more patience I thought

was basically a road game for ur Tigers

u can win big at Memphis u guys know that

still think Pastner is earning his wings and will get better on game days

he's a proven recruiter

stay the course

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - 73tigerfan - 03-23-2014 11:25 PM

Good post. You obviously don't spend much time around here.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - hopeum - 03-23-2014 11:33 PM

Stay the course, we are on a nice 22 year plan to make or expect a tourney run.

View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - tnzazz - 03-23-2014 11:37 PM

(03-23-2014 11:23 PM)africavol Wrote:  stayed for ur game

he's a proven recruiter

stay the course

Thank you and good luck.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - daonepro - 03-24-2014 12:00 AM

he's a proven recruiter

stay the course

How's about chu get lost 05-mafia

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - bobby jo - 03-24-2014 12:13 AM

Stay the course is what most Vol fans would want for us.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - Ramen_Tiger - 03-24-2014 12:16 AM

So is Cuonzo better than Pastner? He has made the sweet 16 in one try. Maybe Padtner should spend time with him this summer. That might please some of the fan base

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - NigelTufnel - 03-24-2014 07:39 AM

I was at the game as well. Basically, we could have played UVa 10 times and not beaten them once. They were bigger and better. It wasn't that complicated.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - memphistiger89 - 03-24-2014 07:50 AM

he's a proven recruiter

stay the course

Thanks. My observation in watching Tennessee is they are one of the hottest teams in the tournament right now. Stokes is going to be a load for any team to handle.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - Ramen_Tiger - 03-24-2014 08:16 AM

Tigers choke against Virginia=UT is 53 points better than Memphis

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - Willie Becton - 03-24-2014 08:20 AM

(03-24-2014 12:16 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  So is Cuonzo better than Pastner? He has made the sweet 16 in one try. Maybe Padtner should spend time with him this summer. That might please some of the fan base

Didja see their road in?

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - memphistiger89 - 03-24-2014 08:37 AM

(03-24-2014 08:16 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  Tigers choke against Virginia=UT is 53 points better than Memphis

You're a glutton for punishment.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - wtaylor6 - 03-24-2014 08:40 AM

(03-24-2014 12:16 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  So is Cuonzo better than Pastner? He has made the sweet 16 in one try. Maybe Padtner should spend time with him this summer. That might please some of the fan base

No because Tennessee played easy teams...if coastal Carolina had beaten Virginia ...Memphis would be in the sweet 16... Vols had a nice run... But it comes to an end Thursday!

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - CKMcDan - 03-24-2014 09:24 AM

(03-24-2014 08:40 AM)wtaylor6 Wrote:  

No because Tennessee played easy teams...if coastal Carolina had beaten Virginia ...Memphis would be in the sweet 16... Vols had a nice run... But it comes to an end Thursday!

After watching UT against Florida in the SEC tournament, and seeing how they've played in their first 3 NCAA games, I'll go out on a limb and say that UT would have had a chance to beat Duke had they not been upset by Mercer.
Now, Michigan is another matter. They have good big guys. The S16 game will vs Michigan is going to be a lot tougher match-up than they've seen so far in the tournament.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - NigelTufnel - 03-24-2014 09:48 AM

(03-24-2014 09:24 AM)CKMcDan Wrote:  
(03-24-2014 08:40 AM)wtaylor6 Wrote:  

After watching UT against Florida in the SEC tournament, and seeing how they've played in their first 3 NCAA games, I'll go out on a limb and say that UT would have had a chance to beat Duke had they not been upset by Mercer.
Now, Michigan is another matter. They have good big guys. The S16 game will vs Michigan is going to be a lot tougher match-up than they've seen so far in the tournament.

Tennessee would have beaten Duke. Mercer's big guys had a field day against Duke, UT would have exploited that same weakness. Duke had no answer all year long for a strong inside game.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - oruvoice - 03-24-2014 10:34 AM

(03-24-2014 07:39 AM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  I was at the game as well. Basically, we could have played UVa 10 times and not beaten them once. They were bigger and better. It wasn't that complicated.

This post sums it all up.

Virginia was BIGGER and BETTER. Phil Jackson could have been our coach and the outcome would have been the same.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - gotigers1 - 03-24-2014 10:36 AM

he's a proven recruiter

stay the course

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - Tiger46 - 03-24-2014 10:42 AM

I don't know about staying the course but we are definitely in a pattern.

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - tigers0830 - 03-24-2014 10:44 AM

(03-24-2014 10:36 AM)gotigers1 Wrote:  

he's a proven recruiter

stay the course

It wasn't rushed it was by design to get quick and easy shots before Virginia set that defense in because when they do easy shots don't happen. Unfortunately we missed a ton of easy shots. We tried to up the tempo of the game which is exactly how I wouldn't done it, but you can't speed it up if you miss shots

RE: View from a Vol that was in Raleigh tonight - TheJesBro - 03-24-2014 02:58 PM

(03-24-2014 10:44 AM)tigers0830 Wrote:  
(03-24-2014 10:36 AM)gotigers1 Wrote:  

he's a proven recruiter

stay the course

It wasn't rushed it was by design to get quick and easy shots before Virginia set that defense in because when they do easy shots don't happen. Unfortunately we missed a ton of easy shots. We tried to up the tempo of the game which is exactly how I wouldn't done it, but you can't speed it up if you miss shots

Very true.

At about the time when the game started getting out-of-hand, we had 26 shots and VA had 17. If we would have hit 50% of our shots (13) we would have had almost as many makes as they had attempts. Unfortunately we were shooting closer to 25%. Shooting 50% would have been reasonable too with the chip shots we missed.