CSNbbs
BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year (/thread-682968.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - inductchuck16 - 03-21-2014 01:55 PM

Read more here:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Education/2014/03/21/University-of-Toledo-President-Jacobs-to-step-down-next-year.html

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - inductchuck16 - 03-21-2014 01:55 PM

Is this a good or a bad thing for the University?

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - DetroitRocket - 03-21-2014 02:05 PM

Thank God. This man is a bully who has almost destroyed undergraduate education at the University. If you doubt me, ask professors on the Main Campus. I wish he were leaving sooner.

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - inductchuck16 - 03-21-2014 02:10 PM

I'm not a fan of him always changing up the colleges, it's very confusing (Judith Herb College of Education has gone through many changes over the years).

But he is a decisive person. He's not too political when it comes to making decisions and this, I like about him. I really hope we go out and get someone excellent for his replacement. That's going to be very important for the future successes of UT.

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - Terry - 03-21-2014 06:20 PM

(03-21-2014 02:05 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Thank God. This man is a bully who has almost destroyed undergraduate education at the University. If you doubt me, ask professors on the Main Campus. I wish he were leaving sooner.

What??????

Are these the same professors that fought Vik Kapor when he wanted to raise the level and standards of teaching on campus???

All I know is you see Doc at everything. He and his wife are very big supporters of the Athletic Department and the teams. (some other presidents have not been so......)

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - Boca Rocket - 03-21-2014 06:31 PM

(03-21-2014 06:20 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(03-21-2014 02:05 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Thank God. This man is a bully who has almost destroyed undergraduate education at the University. If you doubt me, ask professors on the Main Campus. I wish he were leaving sooner.

What??????

Are these the same professors that fought Vik Kapor when he wanted to raise the level and standards of teaching on campus???

All I know is you see Doc at everything. He and his wife are very big supporters of the Athletic Department and the teams. (some other presidents have not been so......)

My experience with them has been a very positive one. And they have been good for the athletic programs.

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - DetroitRocket - 03-21-2014 06:48 PM

(03-21-2014 06:31 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(03-21-2014 06:20 PM)Terry Wrote:  

What??????

My experience with them has been a very positive one. And they have been good for the athletic programs.

I agree, they have been very supportive of the athletic program. The rest of the university, not so good.

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - Rocket Man - 03-21-2014 06:49 PM

Dr. Clint Longenecker should be our next Pres. That guy gets it!!!

Would be great ambasador for UT and has the vision of how sports can enhance our national image and brand!!! He is former UT football player and one of the top business profs in world! He played with Mike Bell as well.

Go any of you guys on this board have connections to the Governor? Maybe one of you connected could ask Mike Bell to advocate for Clint. He has great relationship with Kasich.

GO ROCKETS!!!

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - inductchuck16 - 03-21-2014 06:52 PM

(03-21-2014 06:49 PM)Rocket Man Wrote:  Dr. Clint Longenecker should be our next Pres. That guy gets it!!!

Would be great ambasador for UT and has the vision of how sports can enhance our national image and brand!!! He is former UT football player and one of the top business profs in world! He played with Mike Bell as well.

Go any of you guys on this board have connections to the Governor? Maybe one of you connected could ask Mike Bell to advocate for Clint. He has great relationship with Kasich.

GO ROCKETS!!!

Dr. Longenecker is also an alum of Central Catholic High School, so he has been around this city for a long, long time.

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - MidnightBlueGold - 03-21-2014 07:09 PM

(03-21-2014 06:49 PM)Rocket Man Wrote:  Dr. Clint Longenecker should be our next Pres. That guy gets it!!!

GO ROCKETS!!!

I agree. He is a great, down to earth guy. On the first day of class he taught all of us to call him Clint - not Dr. Longenecker or Mr. Longenecker, but Clint. He was the only professor I would go to see in their office just to talk to.

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - rocketpaul - 03-21-2014 08:54 PM

[/quote]

I agree. He is a great, down to earth guy. On the first day of class he taught all of us to call him Clint - not Dr. Longenecker or Mr. Longenecker, but Clint. He was the only professor I would go to see in their office just to talk to.
[/quote]

Me too!!! He would be a great spokesperson for the University!!

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - letsgoblue - 03-21-2014 09:13 PM

[/quote]

Me too!!! He would be a great spokesperson for the University!!
[/quote]

He bleeds midnight blue. This would make a lot of sense, so it probably won't happen. Just like Mayor Bell was the best thing that happened to the city of Toledo in the last 25 years, and they don't re-elect him.

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - rocketpete - 03-21-2014 09:25 PM

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/governancevoice/21753-tangled-web-of-university-affiliations-escapes-audit-so-far.html

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - rocketpete - 03-21-2014 09:32 PM

https://www.toledoblade.com/Education/2013/01/31/In-universitywide-audit-UT-fails-to-scrutinize-development-agency.html

EL PRES WILL BE GONE SOONER THAN LATER.

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - rocketpete - 03-21-2014 09:34 PM

JUST MY CANDID OPINION FWIIW

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - crusher38 - 03-21-2014 10:57 PM

two words...gordon gee

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - MidnightBlueGold - 03-21-2014 11:16 PM

(03-21-2014 10:57 PM)crusher38 Wrote:  two words...gordon gee

03-lmfao

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - crusher38 - 03-21-2014 11:40 PM

(03-21-2014 11:16 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

03-lmfao

yes because toledo is too good for him,right? this is why toledo is in the shape it is now. the city has the mindset of "we can do it on our own and better than anyone else!"

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - MidnightBlueGold - 03-21-2014 11:51 PM

(03-21-2014 11:40 PM)crusher38 Wrote:  
(03-21-2014 11:16 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

03-lmfao

yes because toledo is too good for him,right? this is why toledo is in the shape it is now. the city has the mindset of "we can do it on our own and better than anyone else!"

No, because of common sense. He was just recently hired as president of WVU. And Gee was making about $60k more as the interim president of WVU (couldn't find is his salary will change since he became the 'normal' president) that Lloyd makes.

Way to look more into my post than needed.

RE: BREAKING NEWS: University of Toledo president Dr. Llyod Jacobs will resign next year - tolfbfan - 03-22-2014 12:22 AM

GO ROCKETS!!!

I heard Dr. Longnecker was slowly being forced out. Hope this is wrong. Great guy.