CSNbbs
STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video (/thread-682472.html)

Pages: 1 2

STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - mikeybmemphis - 03-18-2014 12:12 PM

There's a kid wearing a Tigers shirt in the video so that's good enough to say "STR". Everyone should watch this video. It rules.

They took the idea from the actual music video for this song, but made it all about Memphis. Very nicely done. The only thing missing is some mascots from local teams (UofM/Grizz/Redbirds), but I guess they felt if one college was invited then all had to be? I dunno... either way enjoy the video. Many good shots of the Liberty Bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWlq2f4PoOk&app=desktop

Also, sorry if this has already been posted in some other thread, or somewhere else and I just didn't notice.

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - hollywoodtigerhound - 03-18-2014 12:31 PM

[Image: tumblr_m9cdap0Jtr1r9ijs5o1_250.gif]

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - fsquid - 03-18-2014 12:53 PM

I need some Gibson's.

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - michaelf - 03-18-2014 12:57 PM

They showed this on the news today in Nashville, way to go Harding!!!

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - tigergreen - 03-18-2014 01:00 PM

A great video from my high school alma mater...Go Lions!

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - fsquid - 03-18-2014 01:01 PM

I thought they weren't allowed to dance at that school?

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - tigergreen - 03-18-2014 01:02 PM

(03-18-2014 01:01 PM)fsquid Wrote:  I thought they weren't allowed to dance at that school?

They weren't back in my day...that was the running joke with most of us sharing the video yesterday.

I'll take any little bit of progress made, for sure.

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - tigerjeb - 03-18-2014 06:05 PM

(03-18-2014 01:01 PM)fsquid Wrote:  I thought they weren't allowed to dance at that school?

heck we couldnt even go mixed swimming when i was interred there.

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - nutbushtiger - 03-18-2014 07:10 PM

Pretty cool.

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - aTxTIGER - 03-18-2014 07:14 PM

Holy crap, Harding has Memphis Chicks baseball jerseys. That's awesome.

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - med.tiger - 03-18-2014 07:22 PM

Why did they keep showing the Pyramid and no shots of FedEx Forum

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - tiger2000 - 03-18-2014 07:37 PM

Im going to Jerry's and Gus's for the same meal after that

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - daniel2023 - 03-18-2014 08:23 PM

(03-18-2014 06:05 PM)tigerjeb Wrote:  

heck we couldnt even go mixed swimming when i was interred there.

Correction, mixed "bathing" was not allowed.

STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - UofMTigerFan - 03-18-2014 08:39 PM

(03-18-2014 07:22 PM)med.tiger Wrote:  Why did they keep showing the Pyramid and no shots of FedEx Forum

One of the faculty just puts the videos together in his free time with his own equipment. The kids love it and it reps our school. The Christmas video was fantastic as well.

Harding is still a Christian school but it is no longer Church of Christ. We have many denominations and non Christians as well in our student body. The kids can dance all night if the beats just right.

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - DoomHaynesJr - 03-18-2014 08:46 PM

Holy Chihuahua! It's been 30 years since my Harding Academy days... guess that was long enough for the school to evolve from a dour, straight-laced bunch of Leisure Suit Lions to this new pride of progressive, positive, and pretty hep cats! That, or my judgement of cool is way out of date... seriously, nothing like that would have EVER been associated with the old Cherry Road Cabal of Conservative Cranks. Wow!

RE: STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - DoomHaynesJr - 03-18-2014 08:50 PM

(03-18-2014 08:39 PM)UofMTigerFan Wrote:  
(03-18-2014 07:22 PM)med.tiger Wrote:  Why did they keep showing the Pyramid and no shots of FedEx Forum

One of the faculty just puts the videos together in his free time with his own equipment. The kids love it and it reps our school. The Christmas video was fantastic as well.

Harding is still a Christian school but it is no longer Church of Christ. We have many denominations and non Christians as well in our student body. The kids can dance all night if the beats just right.

You must be pulling my leg and my arm... Harding is no longer affiliated with the C of C? When did that go down? It's always been open to students of any faith (especially one who pay their tuition in advance), but the Church of Christ was the only acceptable brand of religion when it came to chapel, bible class and staff selection. Do tell...

STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - UofMTigerFan - 03-18-2014 08:55 PM

(03-18-2014 08:50 PM)DoomHaynesJr Wrote:  
(03-18-2014 08:39 PM)UofMTigerFan Wrote:  

You must be pulling my leg and my arm... Harding is no longer affiliated with the C of C? When did that go down? It's always been open to students of any faith (especially one who pay their tuition in advance), but the Church of Christ was the only acceptable brand of religion when it came to chapel, bible class and staff selection. Do tell...

Harding has really changed even since I went there in the 80's. It dropped the C of C affiliation a couple of years ago and is a great place for kids. I have 2 in high school there.

It is the most diverse private school in the city and is doing a great job of providing a great christian environment where the kids know being saved doesn't mean you can't have fun.

The new president at the school has really put a fresh coat of paint on the school both internally and externally.

STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - tigergreen - 03-18-2014 09:33 PM

Wow. I had no idea it had officially dropped the CoC affiliation....how are they working that out with having an elementary location in one??

STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - UofMTigerFan - 03-18-2014 09:37 PM

(03-18-2014 09:33 PM)tigergreen Wrote:  Wow. I had no idea it had officially dropped the CoC affiliation....how are they working that out with having an elementary location in one??

Works fine. Pay rent and be a good tenant. Still have faith as the prime mission and tenant of the school. The school has simply opened up to a more accepting positions. Less than 30% of the students identify as C of C but over 80% identify as Christian.

STR - Harding Academy "Happy in Memphis" video - UofMTigerFan - 03-18-2014 09:40 PM

For all the alums, the track is being dedicated to Ron Rubio this weekend. Many of you will remember him as a tremendous man and teacher.

As for the video, it has over 65,000 hits and is really putting the school in a positive light.

Quite a few of Harding grads have worn Tiger blue and we have at least 1 alum on the current football roster.