CSNbbs
Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes (/thread-682370.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - ECUPirated - 03-17-2014 06:35 PM

Video interview link below.

Aresco Interview with Business Week

Good interview and Aresco doing his job by pumping up the American every chance he gets.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - BearcatJerry - 03-17-2014 06:39 PM

Bloomberg forgot UConn... Again... Cue the Husky outrage in 5...4...3...2...

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - EZ rider - 03-17-2014 06:58 PM

**** little aresco. He should have had the foresight to get some representation on the selection committee. Everyone wants out of this conference except Tulane and Tulsa. They're going to help SOS.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - NBPirate - 03-17-2014 07:10 PM

I know ppl hate on Aresco, but he's a great ambassador for the conference that understands exposure and talking points.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - upstater1 - 03-17-2014 07:11 PM

(03-17-2014 06:39 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Bloomberg forgot UConn... Again... Cue the Husky outrage in 5...4...3...2...

Too long to watch but...

UConn fans generally take it as an omen when we're not considered an AAC school.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - NBPirate - 03-17-2014 07:12 PM

(03-17-2014 07:11 PM)upstater1 Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 06:39 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Bloomberg forgot UConn... Again... Cue the Husky outrage in 5...4...3...2...

Too long to watch but...

UConn fans generally take it as an omen when we're not considered an AAC school.

Lol, not here. They were just a bumbling bunch. Included you on the other graphic.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - gostangs - 03-17-2014 09:53 PM

I'm not here to criticize the committee????? Really????? Why the hell not?

Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - Pony94 - 03-17-2014 09:55 PM

(03-17-2014 09:53 PM)gostangs Wrote:  I'm not here to criticize the committee????? Really????? Why the hell not?

Ha, Larry did

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - gostangs - 03-17-2014 10:03 PM

seriously though - why would you treat this as anything other than we are pissed and big changes need to be made? Forget SMU for a second =- UL number 4 seed? Three of our four teams in the same zone? Obviously designed to knock ourselves out. THat has GOT to be called out, and if not by him then by whom? Sometimes it ok to be mad - this is well justified and i can't believe he is rolling over like a little girl.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - ECUPirated - 03-17-2014 10:09 PM

(03-17-2014 09:55 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 09:53 PM)gostangs Wrote:  I'm not here to criticize the committee????? Really????? Why the hell not?

Ha, Larry did

No doubt, SMU should have been in.
Having said that...........now go win the NIT !!

Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - Pony94 - 03-17-2014 10:15 PM

(03-17-2014 10:09 PM)ECUPirated Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 09:55 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  

Ha, Larry did

No doubt, SMU should have been in.
Having said that...........now go win the NIT !!

He criticized the slighting of UCONN, Memphis, Louisville and Cincinnati and said SMU has no one to blame but themselves. Never seen him genuinely pissed.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - UofMemphis - 03-17-2014 10:16 PM

So what was he supposed to say.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - gostangs - 03-17-2014 10:51 PM

he is supposed to say that he finds the decisions of the selection committee outrageous, that UL should be no worse than a 2 seed, ACC teams should be spread out in at least three geographic areas and SMU should be in. He should say coming to that combination when there was no AAC representative on the committee leaves the committee open for criticism of being unfair - to the point of corruption. Obviously it was a money grab by the ACC. The system needs to change - so that the top 10 ranked basketball conferences have a member each - and any changes in conference affiliations that would alter that would lead to new members being added such that there was always representation by those minimum number of conferences.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - BigHouston - 03-17-2014 11:20 PM

Actually he did... Or Mike Aresco wouldn't of use "Criticize The Committee".

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - fishpro1098 - 03-17-2014 11:21 PM

He did without saying so directly.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - UofMemphis - 03-17-2014 11:24 PM

Like Rick Pitino..."I don't get into the politics........but we're gonna be a one seed" (not an exact quote)

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - pablowow - 03-18-2014 07:51 AM

(03-17-2014 06:58 PM)EZ rider Wrote:  **** little aresco. He should have had the foresight to get some representation on the selection committee. Everyone wants out of this conference except Tulane and Tulsa. They're going to help SOS.

Not true dude. Smu is much more likely to stay AAC than Tulane. You have one good season in basketball and you start referencing tulane as some sick little puppy. Back off. SMU is the same as tulane bud. Same boat same conference same, sane, same, except one other thing. You are in Texas with nine other D1 schools. Tulane helps with geography moves for Big 12, Big, ACC. I'm looking forward to AAC yes. And hope we build a good conference. Dude as I'm typing I'm thinking of all the times we beat your ass in basketball. Man how quickly you forget. And Tulsa has owned you in almost every sport. Geez

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - Carolina Stang - 03-18-2014 08:01 AM

why don't you wait until your school has actually played ONE GAME in the AAC before talking.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - blunderbuss - 03-18-2014 08:34 AM

(03-17-2014 10:03 PM)gostangs Wrote:  seriously though - why would you treat this as anything other than we are pissed and big changes need to be made? Forget SMU for a second =- UL number 4 seed? Three of our four teams in the same zone? Obviously designed to knock ourselves out. THat has GOT to be called out, and if not by him then by whom? Sometimes it ok to be mad - this is well justified and i can't believe he is rolling over like a little girl.

I might have an even bigger beef with this than SMU getting left out. Pretty much kills the ability to maximize revenues.

RE: Aresco Talks NCAA tourney & SMU, AAC Respect and Paying Athletes - pablowow - 03-18-2014 08:40 AM

(03-18-2014 08:01 AM)Carolina Stang Wrote:  why don't you wait until your school has actually played ONE GAME in the AAC before talking.

I didn't start it. I'm being respectful. I always talk well of other teams unless flamed. Thanks