CSNbbs
Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? (/thread-682040.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - Indiana Bones - 03-16-2014 01:55 PM

I know they've packed the Sun Bowl in the past and I think they occasionally can cram nearly 12k in their basketball arena when they play a quality opponent. Who else could become the most supported team? UTSA looks like they may be ready to do it, ODU has promise, if USM could pick it up in football maybe they could make a push, maybe even Marshall.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - banker - 03-16-2014 02:06 PM

(03-16-2014 01:55 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  I know they've packed the Sun Bowl in the past and I think they occasionally can cram nearly 12k in their basketball arena when they play a quality opponent. Who else could become the most supported team? UTSA looks like they may be ready to do it, ODU has promise, if USM could pick it up in football maybe they could make a push, maybe even Marshall.

Why do you care other than one more "ECU has great fan support, look at us" thread?

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - mistabinks - 03-16-2014 02:09 PM

I'm happy as long as UTEP is top 4 in attendance in football and men's and women's hoops. It only makes the league stronger if other CUSA schools can match or beat that.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - Noodles - 03-16-2014 02:16 PM

No, I fully expect we will all just drop sports and take up hard drugs when ECU leaves.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - Indiana Bones - 03-16-2014 02:24 PM

(03-16-2014 02:06 PM)banker Wrote:  
(03-16-2014 01:55 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  I know they've packed the Sun Bowl in the past and I think they occasionally can cram nearly 12k in their basketball arena when they play a quality opponent. Who else could become the most supported team? UTSA looks like they may be ready to do it, ODU has promise, if USM could pick it up in football maybe they could make a push, maybe even Marshall.

Why do you care other than one more "ECU has great fan support, look at us" thread?

Just curious, but why do you care what I care about other than one more "Marshall fan on the rag" post?

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - MU ATO - 03-16-2014 02:31 PM

F ECU & their fan support.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - Indiana Bones - 03-16-2014 02:31 PM

(03-16-2014 02:16 PM)Noodles Wrote:  No, I fully expect we will all just drop sports and take up hard drugs when ECU leaves.
[Image: favre-is-awake-1.jpg]

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - paintedblue - 03-16-2014 02:41 PM

(03-16-2014 02:31 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  
(03-16-2014 02:16 PM)Noodles Wrote:  No, I fully expect we will all just drop sports and take up hard drugs when ECU leaves.
[Image: favre-is-awake-1.jpg]

Now that is just a Swiss mess.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - Fatalisk - 03-16-2014 02:42 PM

What if you titled this thread "Will UTEP have the strongest fan support in the new CUSA?"

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - olliebaba - 03-16-2014 02:45 PM

Yes. And we're not even the biggest city.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - Indiana Bones - 03-16-2014 02:51 PM

I apologize for putting ECU in the title folks. I really didn't think anything of it, I just typed what I was thinking & just wanted some sincere responses. People, this is a message board, don't let this stuff get to you. It's just sports. Marshall be happy that you waxed us this past year and USM be happy that you traditionally have owned us.

But when people send me Private messages like the following (notice I'm not exposing who sent it) it's just over the top. It doesn't bother me because this is just a message board but I truly worry about some of these posters:

"Sad Sad piece of ____
To: Indiana Bones
Go somewhere else

No one gives a **** about ECWho. Enjoy going 12-22 each year in basketball and playing for the 4th or 5th bowl spot in football. Just like you did in CUSA 1.0.

I hope ECWho fails in any and everything they try and do. You and the band of ECWho nitwits which includes SJ, R2, BF and others have made me hate ECWho and Greenville.

I hope we never play you Tar Heal wanna bes again but if we do I hope we beat the living piss out of you just like this year.

No use in you replying, I'll just delete it without reading it."

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - ultraviolet - 03-16-2014 02:56 PM

(03-16-2014 02:51 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  I apologize for putting ECU in the title folks. I really didn't think anything of it, I just typed what I was thinking & just wanted some sincere responses. People, this is a message board, don't let this stuff get to you. It's just sports. Marshall be happy that you waxed us this past year and USM be happy that you traditionally have owned us.

But when people send me Private messages like the following (notice I'm not exposing who sent it) it's just over the top. It doesn't bother me because this is just a message board but I truly worry about some of these posters:

"Sad Sad piece of ____
To: Indiana Bones
Go somewhere else

No one gives a **** about ECWho. Enjoy going 12-22 each year in basketball and playing for the 4th or 5th bowl spot in football. Just like you did in CUSA 1.0.

I hope ECWho fails in any and everything they try and do. You and the band of ECWho nitwits which includes SJ, R2, BF and others have made me hate ECWho and Greenville.

I hope we never play you Tar Heal wanna bes again but if we do I hope we beat the living piss out of you just like this year.

No use in you replying, I'll just delete it without reading it."

Those were funny. You pretty much guess who they were.

RE: will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - Blue_Trombone - 03-16-2014 03:02 PM

Maybe, maybe not. But, from a UTEP guy, we've got the best band!

[Image: Biplig-CQAAPfdf.jpg:large]

Getting love on twitter too.

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=odu%20band

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - mistabinks - 03-16-2014 04:00 PM

Sometimes to our own detriment, UTEP fans are not shy to call it like it is and give other fan bases their due credit.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - wh49er - 03-16-2014 04:06 PM

Anyone who thinks ECU has it good, has never been to Greenville, NC.

Literal and figurative water trash fills the streets.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - PirateTreasureNC - 03-16-2014 04:09 PM

USM gets back to winning, USM will be back in the tops of attendance and support. UTEP would be up there for sure.

Charlotte and ODU will prove to be interesting to watch.

UTSA could do some damage in football...I have no idea on their other sports.

Rice and UAB could still be liabilities and who knows on some of the SBC transfers but I think MTSU, WKU, and UNT might place themselves above FAU and FIU.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - ODUCoach - 03-16-2014 04:11 PM

Wait a minute! ECU is leaving? Let's just shut down the conference. We're nothing without them.

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - MTPiKapp - 03-16-2014 04:15 PM

(03-16-2014 04:09 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  USM gets back to winning, USM will be back in the tops of attendance and support. UTEP would be up there for sure.

Charlotte and ODU will prove to be interesting to watch.

UTSA could do some damage in football...I have no idea on their other sports.

Rice and UAB could still be liabilities and who knows on some of the SBC transfers but I think MTSU, WKU, and UNT might place themselves above FAU and FIU.

Um...what?

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - LaserRaider - 03-16-2014 04:34 PM

There's a lot of teams with good potential

RE: Now that ECU is gone, will UTEP be the C-USA program with the strongest fan support? - RUNVSFD MINER - 03-16-2014 05:05 PM

The strength of the conference will be determined by Charlotte, UTSA, ODU, MT, UTEP, USM, and Marshall's ability to engage their fan bases with on-field/court team successes to build rivalries, schedules strengths, and followings.

As with Memphis in bball, or USM in fball- no one team will be able to succeed on its own.

UTEP could dominate fball and bball attendance, but it will mean little if the other components are there.