CSNbbs
Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... (/thread-681990.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - mapdude - 03-16-2014 12:53 AM

No coverage by the media?

Interesting....

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - BigTigerMike - 03-16-2014 12:57 AM

As it should be. Simply find out who they play and prepare accordingly, no need for celebration this time around

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - Joe1 - 03-16-2014 01:03 AM

No fun at Josh's house? What about my house? They are welcome to come over here. Might help me sell my house, just have a big open house/selection Sunday fun time. Seriously, my house is for sale here in Germantown. 04-cheers

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - mem-x - 03-16-2014 01:21 AM

good. ain't no body's business what goes on over there.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - alcalde - 03-16-2014 04:00 AM

The team doesn't deserve to have fun based on their performance in the AAC tournament

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS - 03-16-2014 04:12 AM

I hope Josh pulls the plug on their I-phones, on their I-Pads, on their laptops or PCs, non-I phone cell phones, on their television sets, on their automobile spark plugs, and their school books if he can get away with it.

After Thursday's embarrassment on the home turf, they are camping out in the gym with nothing else to think about or do but basketball practice until they leave for the NCAA Tournament. He can tell them what their seeding is next week. They don't deserve or need a tv camera on them recording their reaction to the committee's decision on their seeding. Block out the outside world. JUST BASKETBALL.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - hollywoodtigerhound - 03-16-2014 05:16 AM

iPhones are broken anyhow, no need to unplug.

[Image: brokeiphone.gif]

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - AtlTigerfan - 03-16-2014 06:39 AM

Good. They need to get to work on their defense and free throws.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - hollywoodtigerhound - 03-16-2014 06:46 AM

What do they work on in practice? I would really like to know what exactly are they doing. Because when i've seen footage during the NCAA tournament I've seen alot of goofing around, half court shots and all that crap...I know that probably comes at the end of practice sessions but ehhh...

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - BigTigerMike - 03-16-2014 07:02 AM

(03-16-2014 06:46 AM)hollywoodtigerhound Wrote:  What do they work on in practice? I would really like to know what exactly are they doing. Because when i've seen footage during the NCAA tournament I've seen alot of goofing around, half court shots and all that crap...I know that probably comes at the end of practice sessions but ehhh...

What you see is public shootaround. Most teams don't do any meaningful practice in those mandatory things as far as game preparation for the game, its more like getting a feel of the the arena

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - MemphisTigerPawr - 03-16-2014 07:38 AM

Well he is the coach. Its past time for this team to get serious. I dont want to see either laughs and giggles like they won the lottery or disappointment after getting slapped silly at home in the opening round of their host tourney. I dont blame him a bit, its really a no win reaction and while I'd like to see our program get the attention, our players cant win either, there would only be criticism, and rightly so. We have underachieved this year, if anything, but it seems like nationally we have been thought of better than locally. Maybe that holds true today on the national stage.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - MemphisTigerPawr - 03-16-2014 07:43 AM

(03-16-2014 04:12 AM)I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Wrote:  I hope Josh pulls the plug on their I-phones, on their I-Pads, on their laptops or PCs, non-I phone cell phones, on their television sets, on their automobile spark plugs, and their school books if he can get away with it.

After Thursday's embarrassment on the home turf, they are camping out in the gym with nothing else to think about or do but basketball practice until they leave for the NCAA Tournament. He can tell them what their seeding is next week. They don't deserve or need a tv camera on them recording their reaction to the committee's decision on their seeding. Block out the outside world. JUST BASKETBALL.

Me too but something tells me we lost focus too long ago. They needed to be reeled in earlier. We could have and should have played much more cohesive and intelligent this year. Yes I know, more newbies and all but we still had the nucleus this time.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - Malachi - 03-16-2014 07:52 AM

Many of us pulled the plug on the tv the other night with 8 minutes left. It's Josh's way of getting back at the fans.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - holyterror - 03-16-2014 08:02 AM

Course Correction. Nothing More. I like it. The team needs a different preparation for next week.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - Swearingen20 - 03-16-2014 08:47 AM

(03-16-2014 08:02 AM)holyterror Wrote:  Course Correction. Nothing More. I like it. The team needs a different preparation for next week.

If they still need course correction at this point, our game Thursday or Friday will be the last game of their season!!! Playing UCONN for the 3rd time during the 1st ever AAC tourney in Memphis should have been enough for this team, but instead the Tigers were beat with 5 minutes left in the FIRST HALF. If Memphis is in the #8 vs #9 game, we will be 1 and done!!! I think some of the seniors have already checked out on this team.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - rain4orla - 03-16-2014 08:48 AM

If Josh starts saying "this is going to be a business trip and we're all business" then we're in real trouble.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - tigers0830 - 03-16-2014 08:51 AM

I like it. It's all about business now. I would love for him to take the names off the back of the jerseys again

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - TigerBill - 03-16-2014 08:51 AM

(03-16-2014 04:00 AM)alcalde Wrote:  The team doesn't deserve to have fun based on their performance in the AAC tournament

Good point.

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - Friend Scott - 03-16-2014 08:56 AM

(03-16-2014 07:52 AM)Malachi Wrote:  Many of us pulled the plug on the tv the other night with 8 minutes left. It's Josh's way of getting back at the fans.

Nice

RE: Josh pulls the plug on cameras @ selection Sunday... - Joe1 - 03-16-2014 09:07 AM

(03-16-2014 08:56 AM)Friend Scott Wrote:  
(03-16-2014 07:52 AM)Malachi Wrote:  Many of us pulled the plug on the tv the other night with 8 minutes left. It's Josh's way of getting back at the fans.

Nice

I guess this is meant to be funny. If so good one. However if Josh takes on the fans, he will lose and lose big.