CSNbbs
What Toledo MBB needs... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: What Toledo MBB needs... (/thread-681835.html)

What Toledo MBB needs... - UofToledoFans - 03-15-2014 01:17 AM

FOR EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD TO BE IN CLEVELAND!!!!!

but actually, this thread is about "What Toledo MBB needs" to get an 11 seed!
It's looking like 11's and 12's are for at larges for the most part.... Still, a lot of upsets have cleared the way for a 5 loss Toledo team to achieve decent seeding. Manhattan, Delaware, and Mercer are on the 13 line and don't compare to the Rockets IMHO.

I'm thinking if Stony Brook wins their conference tourney along with Sam Houston State upsetting Steven F. Austin in their tourney that those would be the huge wins helping Toledo's RPI/BPI/Kenpom/Sagarin.

Of course, Toledo needs to beat WMU!!! Our odds are probably close to 55% on a neutral floor vs. the Broncos. I can't wait to see how our team responds to the pressure. I'd assume we have a bigger following in Cleveland to give us an edge.

WE ARE SO CLOSE! How often is it a worse case scenario, that Toledo hosts an NIT game barring a loss???

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - MotoRocket - 03-15-2014 05:55 AM

Was able to get online last night to watch the game. uT was down 11-15 when I signed on then went on a 9-0 run and never trailed again to my knowledge. I fell asleep at halftime and woke with about 11 minutes left and they held a 3 point lead when EMU could not get a bucket to bring it closer. Thn UT just poured initially on.

So yes I won that game last night for UT. I believe in Bud Light and queue up Stevie Wonder's song...

Oh It was 84 in Naples yesterday but I would rather be in Cleveland.....kinda.

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - MotoRocket - 03-15-2014 06:17 AM

Btw the NCAA D2 wrestling championships are going on in Cleveland this weekend. next weekend is when March Mat-ness begins - same day as something called March Madness.

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - djsfw57 - 03-15-2014 07:16 AM

(03-15-2014 01:17 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  FOR EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD TO BE IN CLEVELAND!!!!!

but actually, this thread is about "What Toledo MBB needs" to get an 11 seed!
It's looking like 11's and 12's are for at larges for the most part.... Still, a lot of upsets have cleared the way for a 5 loss Toledo team to achieve decent seeding. Manhattan, Delaware, and Mercer are on the 13 line and don't compare to the Rockets IMHO.

I'm thinking if Stony Brook wins their conference tourney along with Sam Houston State upsetting Steven F. Austin in their tourney that those would be the huge wins helping Toledo's RPI/BPI/Kenpom/Sagarin.

Of course, Toledo needs to beat WMU!!! Our odds are probably close to 55% on a neutral floor vs. the Broncos. I can't wait to see how our team responds to the pressure. I'd assume we have a bigger following in Cleveland to give us an edge.

WE ARE SO CLOSE! How often is it a worse case scenario, that Toledo hosts an NIT game barring a loss???

Oh hell no we don't want Sam Houston to beat Stephen F. Austin. Never. Ever. That's like wanting Michigan to beat Ohio State. It just isn't wanted under any circumstances. Yes I graduated from Stephen F. Austin. And I want to see Toledo and SFA play for the national championship. Can you imagine what that would do to the big boys and the "big boy" commissioners? The idea alone is enough to make me have to change my shorts.COGS04-cheers02-13-banana

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - DetroitRocket - 03-15-2014 07:51 AM

An athletic 6-11 center?

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - flying dutchman - 03-15-2014 08:19 AM

FOR EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD TO BE IN CLEVELAND

Seriously shut down this forum grab your ut gear get in the car plane or whatever and get to Cleveland. If people can't get here its on espn 2. Mavdn. Radio etc. come join in the fun make UT history.

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - MidnightBlueGold - 03-15-2014 08:55 AM

(03-15-2014 08:19 AM)flying dutchman Wrote:  FOR EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD TO BE IN CLEVELAND

Seriously shut down this forum grab your ut gear get in the car plane or whatever and get to Cleveland. If people can't get here its on espn 2. Mavdn. Radio etc. come join in the fun make UT history.

04-rock

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - Rocket Pirate - 03-15-2014 09:01 AM

Can't be there myself, but I have plenty of family and friends cheering on my behalf. GO ROCKETS!!!

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - flying dutchman - 03-15-2014 09:05 AM

(03-15-2014 09:01 AM)Rocket Pirate Wrote:  Can't be there myself, but I have plenty of family and friends cheering on my behalf. GO ROCKETS!!!

That's ok hope you'll be able to watch or hear game and scream a little louder

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - Rocket Pirate - 03-15-2014 09:14 AM

(03-15-2014 09:05 AM)flying dutchman Wrote:  
(03-15-2014 09:01 AM)Rocket Pirate Wrote:  Can't be there myself, but I have plenty of family and friends cheering on my behalf. GO ROCKETS!!!

That's ok hope you'll be able to watch or hear game and scream a little louder

Oh yeah, I'll be at a sports bar and very vocal while wearing either my UT hoodie or my UT football jacket (depending on the weather).

RE: What Toledo MBB needs... - inductchuck16 - 03-15-2014 10:13 AM

I was at the game yesterday. Surprised there weren't more fans from Toledo. I was hoping there would be more student support with that awesome bus deal, hopefully they'll show tonight.