CSNbbs
Piggy Paranoia - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: NTR Sports (/forum-675.html)
+------- Thread: Piggy Paranoia (/thread-681001.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Piggy Paranoia - tomstigs - 03-10-2014 08:16 PM

Watch out Jarvis Greer - LOL!!!!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=14f96fa39ad73d6d6b0ab94783aa9479&topic=563882.0

RE: Piggy Paranoia - TigerBill - 03-10-2014 08:23 PM

(03-10-2014 08:16 PM)tomstigs Wrote:  Watch out Jarvis Greer - LOL!!!!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=14f96fa39ad73d6d6b0ab94783aa9479&topic=563882.0

03-lmfao Who cares about them here in Memphis? And the two Memphis kids on the team...sorry, when you don't play here, most people don't care what you do somewhere else. Harsh but real.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - memphistiger89 - 03-10-2014 08:57 PM

Interesting thread. I learned that Arkansas basketball is superior to Memphis and that the news media in Memphis should be promoting the Hogs.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - k2tigers - 03-10-2014 10:03 PM

Regarding that original post on Hogsville, I will just say that it's 5'oclock somewhere. Probably everyday for some loser Arky fan.

I live here in this media cesspool. Right smack dab in the middle of it. All the locals think the Hogs are the bomb. And that there are no other teams who play sports, outside of Arkansas.

Story - I had never been to Bud Walton Arena but I took my boss last year to the Kentucky game here. It was sold out and one of the few marquee games Arkansas does sell out. Anyways, right when I walked into the arena, about an hour before the tip off, I see two kids in purple shirts and hats with an "H." I didn't have a chance to say hi or 'Go Tigers' but I followed their journey and noticed these same two kids were behind Anderson's bench. Two years later, I realized they were the Lawson kids.

It was a good atmosphere. Arky beat UK. The place rocked. And yet, one of those two kids recently committed to Memphis. Hopefully the other one does too. Point being Hogsville - you might get some Memphis kids to play for you, but you will never get the top tier local kids over Pastner.

Calipari? When has he got a kid out of Memphis that he wanted? He wanted Joe, and Tarik. Give Josh his due. He is a relentless recruiting machine. He doesn't get em all, but he does get his share. Not just here, but elsewhere. I would never bet against him for a local kid who's being highly recruited. See Austin Nichols.

Folks, we are so lucky to have this guy as a coach.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - MemphisTiger15 - 03-10-2014 10:07 PM

Wow. Lotta smack talk from fans of a program who has been terrible and irrelevant for the last 15+ years.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - UofMark - 03-10-2014 10:28 PM

One of them even referred to 'Keith Peckerwood'. We've got your back Keith.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - Mimi - 03-10-2014 11:05 PM

Of all the "local" or at least relatively close schools- none has a more nasty myopic under educated ignorant stuck in 1995 fanbase than Arkansas.

Remember 2006- Memphis was the 1 seed playing in Dallas- Arkansas was in our 8/9 game with Bucknell. They were convinced they would waltz past Bucknell and then...and I remember this...

SkullF**K Memphis with ease.

They lost to Bucknell.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - UofMemphis - 03-10-2014 11:13 PM

(03-10-2014 08:16 PM)tomstigs Wrote:  Watch out Jarvis Greer - LOL!!!!

I had hoped civilized folks wouldn't see this thread, lol...I've been arguing with them for days now.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - Mimi - 03-10-2014 11:19 PM

Scanned through the thread.

Makes you appreciate UConn fans- and most others- although Louisville fans when involved in their own message board circle jerk can be pretty nasty.

Per that enlightened Arkansas board- Pipeline for Anderson is about to open up as Memphis cannot compete post Calipari- somehow that one does not realize this is Pastner's FIFTH YEAR...just relies on tired Tiger High cliches. In the first few mouth breathing typical bashing of Memphis and Memphians- read those Memphians- cesspool, sucks, disgrace, crap and more.

This is the funny part.

Hey, Memphis area great basketball players- you live in a cesspool and you are a thug and you are on COPS and your city is a dump and we offer refuge to Memphis escapees (I am not sure this one really understands how racist that one is) and you have nothing to be proud of and my goodness we simply hate all things Memphis so...

Please join me and my confederate flag waving bunch of losers our here in Arkansas!!!

By the way, Arky trolls. Phuck you.

We'll take Beale Street and the University of Memphis and the Zoo and the Walnut Grove corridor and Central Gardens and the Art museums and the better part of the Mississippi River and the 1973 beyond the game Memphis State basketball team and Shelby Farms and the Greenline and tree lined jogging trails and a world renowned medical center and Overton Square and Audubon Park and the Dixon Galleries and the Orpheum and Soul and the Blues and a lot of heart.

And we'll save the particular thread you are spewing your swill on- and share it with our "Memphis" kids.

Game over.

You lose.

Even within your own circle jerk board- you would think there would be one voice of reason- and not from a Memphian. There was none.

Again- in words you guys seem to be better suited to understand...

Phuck you.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - k2tigers - 03-10-2014 11:29 PM

Well dang Mimi

You make me feel bad for living in one of the prettiest, safest and most progressive counties in all the USA...

No need to confuse Benton County with West Memphis

RE: Piggy Paranoia - memphistiger89 - 03-11-2014 07:45 AM

Now they have moved on to bashing our football. I'm not going to waste my time registering there but doesn't Memphis hold a 3-2 lead in the football series with the Hogs?

RE: Piggy Paranoia - JerryJeff - 03-11-2014 11:23 AM

some good chit in that one.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - TigerBill - 03-11-2014 11:27 AM

(03-10-2014 11:29 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  Well dang Mimi

You make me feel bad for living in one of the prettiest, safest and most progressive counties in all the USA...

No need to confuse Benton County with West Memphis

Top of my ignore list.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - mapdude - 03-11-2014 11:54 AM

(03-11-2014 07:45 AM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  Now they have moved on to bashing our football. I'm not going to waste my time registering there but doesn't Memphis hold a 3-2 lead in the football series with the Hogs?

They still owe us a game...

RE: Piggy Paranoia - ksigtigerdood - 03-11-2014 12:19 PM

Who gives a sheet about Arkansas, anyway? They've been awful for the last 15 years. They were just pounded by Alabama.

Mike isn't the savior they thought he'd be.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - TigerBill - 03-11-2014 12:24 PM

(03-11-2014 12:19 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  Who gives a sheet about Arkansas, anyway? They've been awful for the last 15 years. They were just pounded by Alabama.

But isn't the pipeline to Memphis opening up?

RE: Piggy Paranoia - UofMemphis - 03-11-2014 12:26 PM

They talk about 1992, John Calipari, RC Johnson, and Shirley Raines like their current events in Memphis...that place is a time capsule.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - k2tigers - 03-11-2014 12:30 PM

(03-11-2014 12:24 PM)TigerBill Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 12:19 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  Who gives a sheet about Arkansas, anyway? They've been awful for the last 15 years. They were just pounded by Alabama.

more than it has in recent years - Wade and Bell are quality players Anderson got

I don't care about Arkansas. But that's all I hear about living here. As an objective observer, I can say that if Anderson is able to get the two studs from North Little Rock (Beard has committed, Kevaughn Allen is the other) and the Monk kid in the 2016 class, he won't lack for talent. It's just that Arkansas rarely has consecutive years of producing top HS talent like they are now, whereas Memphis does it routinely.

RE: Piggy Paranoia - Tygrys - 03-11-2014 01:54 PM

(03-11-2014 12:26 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  They talk about 1992, John Calipari, RC Johnson, and Shirley Raines like their current events in Memphis...that place is a time capsule.

Try living in NWA... You will never hear one fan base talk about the past as much as Arkansas... Most of their fans are stuck in the early and mid 90's. They have no idea that they are going on two decades of complete basketball irrelevancy. The kids coming out of high school now where not even born when they were a dominant program. In essence, the kids do not care what happened back then!

RE: Piggy Paranoia - JerryJeff - 03-11-2014 02:43 PM

(03-11-2014 12:24 PM)TigerBill Wrote:  

Not until the 10 o'clock news starts covering them! Come on man, every recruit in town is glued to the evening news to catch results and highlights. As long as the media and Memphis are in cahoots, the pipeline will stay dry!