CSNbbs
Louisville -3 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Louisville -3 (/thread-679214.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Louisville -3 - bubbapt - 03-01-2014 09:45 AM

Louisville circled March 1 the moment they lost to us.

Does Memphis have the b**ls to punch back today?

This is the biggest game of the season.

Probably the biggest game we've played in years. Potentially epic.

Make the most of it.

RE: Louisville -3 - Mimi - 03-01-2014 10:51 AM

(03-01-2014 12:47 AM)presskh Wrote:  To be honest, I don't really expect to win and am just hoping that we don't get embarrassed again at home on national TV. Since we played Louisville the first time, the two teams seem to have gone in opposite directions. I sure hope I'm wrong - I just have a bad feeling about this game.

Memphis has gone 10-4 since that game.
Louisville has gone 11-1.

While they have played better- not quite sure we are headed in the opposite direction since that game- although- and I get the over reaction- the Houston game was not good and resulted in a loss and there have been a few closer than desired wins.

RE: Louisville -3 - 80sTiger - 03-01-2014 10:56 AM

I'm not quite on the 'expect to lose' side when the Tigers play nowadays, but I don't automatically expect wins either. Like many, I'm completely in the 'we can easily lose to anyone' camp right now. With UL hammering teams like they should be now and us being told not to expect that, that tells me UL by 9 today ... at least.

RE: Louisville -3 - eastcoastDave - 03-01-2014 10:58 AM

Big game. Hope our guys are ready to play. Too bad Louisville is leaving the conference. These matchups have been great, great games over the years.

RE: Louisville -3 - presskh - 03-01-2014 07:42 PM

(03-01-2014 12:47 AM)presskh Wrote:  To be honest, I don't really expect to win and am just hoping that we don't get embarrassed again at home on national TV. Since we played Louisville the first time, the two teams seem to have gone in opposite directions. I sure hope I'm wrong - I just have a bad feeling about this game.

Boy, was I wrong about our team! My apologies - I was just so down after the Houston loss and the way we seemed to be playing lately. I guess we used the loss as a catalyst to re-focus ourselves today - great job to both Josh and the team!

RE: Louisville -3 - WeSingWithLove - 03-01-2014 07:59 PM

(03-01-2014 10:56 AM)80sTiger Wrote:  I'm not quite on the 'expect to lose' side when the Tigers play nowadays, but I don't automatically expect wins either. Like many, I'm completely in the 'we can easily lose to anyone' camp right now. With UL hammering teams like they should be now and us being told not to expect that, that tells me UL by 9 today ... at least.

Could've easily been 9. If we had folded when they went up 8 it would've been more.

RE: Louisville -3 - Tanyaskees - 03-01-2014 08:19 PM

(03-01-2014 07:42 PM)presskh Wrote:  

Boy, was I wrong about our team! My apologies - I was just so down after the Houston loss and the way we seemed to be playing lately. I guess we used the loss as a catalyst to re-focus ourselves today - great job to both Josh and the team!

Pretty damn awesome 04-rock

RE: Louisville -3 - Tanyaskees - 03-01-2014 08:20 PM

(03-01-2014 10:56 AM)80sTiger Wrote:  I'm not quite on the 'expect to lose' side when the Tigers play nowadays, but I don't automatically expect wins either. Like many, I'm completely in the 'we can easily lose to anyone' camp right now. With UL hammering teams like they should be now and us being told not to expect that, that tells me UL by 9 today ... at least.

I bet you've never been happier to be so wrong 04-cheers

RE: Louisville -3 - 80sTiger - 03-01-2014 09:00 PM

(03-01-2014 08:20 PM)Tanyaskees Wrote:  

I see my magical unicorn reverse psychology has worked again. You're welcome. I'm available for parties and bar mitzvahs.

RE: Louisville -3 - 80sTiger - 03-01-2014 09:02 PM

(03-01-2014 07:59 PM)WeSingWithLove Wrote:  

Could've easily been 9. If we had folded when they went up 8 it would've been more.

This Tiger team is hard to figure out ... no heart and disinterested in one game, and then have a come back in a game like this, playing incredible defense we don't hardly ever see. I prefer today's effort, and more often please.

RE: Louisville -3 - TripleA - 03-01-2014 10:30 PM

(03-01-2014 09:00 PM)80sTiger Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 08:20 PM)Tanyaskees Wrote:  

I see my magical unicorn reverse psychology has worked again. You're welcome. I'm available for parties and bar mitzvahs.

Hey,my text right before tipoff trumps your reverse unicorn. I texted "Memphis by 5" about a minute before the game started. I may have to try that again Thursday.