CSNbbs
Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? (/thread-678272.html)

Pages: 1 2

Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - HuskyU - 02-22-2014 05:47 PM

Great game today between 2 of the top 5 AAC teams. Given the clutch players, quality coaches, and close games, which of the top 5 AAC teams do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament?

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - UofMemphis - 02-22-2014 05:50 PM

I'll say Cincy...defense wins games.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - ncbeta - 02-22-2014 05:56 PM

SMOOOO!! I hope SMU does. Who do I think? Cincy or UL. I'm hoping for great things from all five teams. Would really like to see Memphis/Uconn/Cincy/SMUin the 16.. a possible AAC match up would be epic if they got far enough.

I'm going with the homer pick and saying ECU wins out to become national champs. 03-wink

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - JHG722 - 02-22-2014 06:10 PM

It's tough between UL and UC. I would probably go with UL because they have an easier time scoring. UC could play a great defensive game, but lose 55-52. I dont see UL getting shutdown offensively in the Tournament.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - bearcatmark - 02-22-2014 07:13 PM

Went louisville but obviously matchups are going to matter a ton. I think louisville, uconn and of course cincy could all make deep runs.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - DefCONNOne - 02-22-2014 07:15 PM

I went the homer route and voted for UCONN. Shocking, I know.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - Cubanbull - 02-22-2014 07:26 PM

Let's get at least three to sweet sixteen. We need at least 12 units for the ones we are losing this year

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - lollaperuna - 02-22-2014 07:48 PM

I vote Louisville simply because they are playing the best right now, but I honestly believe Cincy, Memphis and UConn all have great shots at going deep in the tournament. I hope SMU does, but I think its going to be tough because of the lack of experience.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - NBPirate - 02-22-2014 07:58 PM

Cincy.... They're battle tested with good D

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - The Real LHS81 - 02-22-2014 08:55 PM

ah what the hell. . . went the homer route with SMU

Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - Pony94 - 02-22-2014 09:04 PM

(02-22-2014 08:55 PM)The Real LHS81 Wrote:  ah what the hell. . . went the homer route with SMU

We win the CBI this year

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - TripleA - 02-22-2014 10:39 PM

Impossible to tell until we see the seeds and matchups. Any of UL, UC, UConn or Memphis (probably in that order) could make a deep run.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - fishpro1098 - 02-22-2014 10:42 PM

(02-22-2014 05:47 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Great game today between 2 of the top 5 AAC teams. Given the clutch players, quality coaches, and close games, which of the top 5 AAC teams do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament?

I picked Cincy, but it is all about who you draw and how you match up.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - KNIGHTTIME - 02-22-2014 10:47 PM

(02-22-2014 09:04 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(02-22-2014 08:55 PM)The Real LHS81 Wrote:  ah what the hell. . . went the homer route with SMU

We win the CBI this year

You need to win 2 out of your last 4 and you're in. I doubt you will have any trouble with UCF so you just have to win 1 of the other 3. Beat UL and I think you're a lock for the tourney.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - BigHouston - 02-22-2014 10:54 PM

I have to go with UC... Although, UConn isn't to far behind... Then again, SMU and Louisville look sexy too.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - grapes - 02-23-2014 01:44 AM

I honestly think its going to depend on how your team can compete with 'good' teams.

Connecticut, Memphis, SMU, & Cincinnati all have 3 wins vs top 25.

Louisville only has 1 win..
When it comes down to it i can see all going pretty far besides SMU & UL...

UC, UofM, & Cincy to the sweet 16. I can see Louisville getting upset the second round.

in reality anything could happen, i hope all AAC teams do well.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - BatonRougeEscapee - 02-23-2014 03:06 AM

You all are petty. That's fine, I would be too.

One team in this conference has been to the final four the last 2 years. That same team is tied for first in said conference. That team's coach has the best NCAA record in the conference.

If Vegas was posting odds, Louisville would be 3 to 5. No one else would be better than 3 to 1.

I'd bet the field if given the choice. One of the other four may very well go further than Louisville. But if you had to pick one, Louisville is the obvious choice. They've proven it on the court, even as a four seed. Our best team will likely be a 3 or 4.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - ncbeta - 02-23-2014 04:26 AM

Well there's no denying that each of the top 5 teams have had a minimum of 8 tough home and away games to prepare since conference play started. Many down the stretch. Plus will have the tourney. Everyone should be up for the challenge.

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - Maize - 02-23-2014 06:49 AM

(02-23-2014 03:06 AM)BatonRougeEscapee Wrote:  You all are petty. That's fine, I would be too.

One team in this conference has been to the final four the last 2 years. That same team is tied for first in said conference. That team's coach has the best NCAA record in the conference.

If Vegas was posting odds, Louisville would be 3 to 5. No one else would be better than 3 to 1.

I'd bet the field if given the choice. One of the other four may very well go further than Louisville. But if you had to pick one, Louisville is the obvious choice. They've proven it on the court, even as a four seed. Our best team will likely be a 3 or 4.

Vegas has laid odds on who would win the title....right now according to the Vegas odds Louisville are Louisville at 18-1 which is 9th overall....Memphis, Cincinnati and UConn are 125-1...07-coffee3

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/futures/

RE: Which AAC team do you think will go the farthest in the NCAA tournament? - Maize - 02-23-2014 06:52 AM

(02-23-2014 01:44 AM)grapes Wrote:  I honestly think its going to depend on how your team can compete with 'good' teams.

Connecticut, Memphis, SMU, & Cincinnati all have 3 wins vs top 25.

Louisville only has 1 win..
When it comes down to it i can see all going pretty far besides SMU & UL...

UC, UofM, & Cincy to the sweet 16. I can see Louisville getting upset the second round.

in reality anything could happen, i hope all AAC teams do well.

Louisville gets out of the 1st weekend they are going to at minimum the Elite Eight...Rick Pitino has never lost a Sweet Sixteen Game and has a group of players that have played on a bigger stage in the past two years then L1C4...04-cheers