CSNbbs
CJP getting ripped this morning [merged] - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: CJP getting ripped this morning [merged] (/thread-678123.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

CJP getting ripped this morning - tigergg - 02-21-2014 09:10 AM

Josh is getting ripped this morning on the radio!! Jason was on with Peter E . this morning talking about how his interviews with the same old sayings has really gotten old..So much so that some are starting to question what he says to his players all the time..Does he ever change his talks with them or does he just repeat himself over and over like he does in his interviews and if so some think he probably loses his players focus or they just tune him out..Jason even mentioned the fact that the CBSSN sideline guy last night(can't remember his name) asked him in the interview after the game to give him some new answers and not the same ole thing he does all the time..I actually heard that interview this morning and Josh answered the questions with the same answers as always..Don't jump on me I'm just stating what was being said this morning!! And yes I usually listen on thursdays or fridays to hear Jason's take on the games..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJP getting ripped this morning - holysheetman - 02-21-2014 09:12 AM

(02-21-2014 09:10 AM)tigergg Wrote:  Josh is getting ripped this morning on the radio!! Jason was on with Peter E . this morning talking about how his interviews with the same old sayings has really gotten old..So much so that some are starting to question what he says to his players all the time..Does he ever change his talks with them or does he just repeat himself over and over like he does in his interviews and if so some think he probably loses his players focus or they just tune him out..Jason even mentioned the fact that the CBSSN sideline guy last night(can't remember his name) asked him in the interview after the game to give him some new answers and not the same ole thing he does all the time..I actually heard that interview this morning and Josh answered the questions with the same answers as always..Don't jump on me I'm just stating what was being said this morning!! And yes I usually listen on on thursdays or fridays to hear Jason's take on the games..

Jon Rothstein

CJP getting ripped this morning - tigergg - 02-21-2014 09:13 AM

(02-21-2014 09:12 AM)holysheetman Wrote:  
(02-21-2014 09:10 AM)tigergg Wrote:  Josh is getting ripped this morning on the radio!! Jason was on with Peter E . this morning talking about how his interviews with the same old sayings has really gotten old..So much so that some are starting to question what he says to his players all the time..Does he ever change his talks with them or does he just repeat himself over and over like he does in his interviews and if so some think he probably loses his players focus or they just tune him out..Jason even mentioned the fact that the CBSSN sideline guy last night(can't remember his name) asked him in the interview after the game to give him some new answers and not the same ole thing he does all the time..I actually heard that interview this morning and Josh answered the questions with the same answers as always..Don't jump on me I'm just stating what was being said this morning!! And yes I usually listen on on thursdays or fridays to hear Jason's take on the games..

Jon Rothstein

Yea thats him, I can't ever remember his name..Thx

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - TigersRuleAll - 02-21-2014 09:15 AM

It's actually getting embarrassing at this point. His post game interview with Wolo was one of the more bizarre interivews I've ever heard.

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - Geotag - 02-21-2014 09:16 AM

WHO THE HECK CARES!!!! HE HAS WON 20 GAMES REPEATING THE SAME THING. FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO MOAN ABOUT. WE HAVE BEEN RANKED ALL YEAR JUST LET THE MAN DO WHAT HE DO!!!!!

Re: CJP getting ripped this morning - transitt - 02-21-2014 09:16 AM

That is a weakness that Josh needs to work on. Quit sounding like a cliche robot in interviews.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - TIGERCITY - 02-21-2014 09:18 AM

This same old complaint again? Can't you guys come up with something new to complain about?

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - LegolElf - 02-21-2014 09:19 AM

Josh has been doing this all season. I think he has actually answered a question they ask him "once" ALL season during one of those in-game interviews. Not sure why. But yes, as much as I like Pastner, last night was pretty embarassing lol. Rothstein ask him a different question in first half and in second half, to which Josh replied...

"Eddie Jordan won 300 games in the NBA... the NBA is like the NBA...".

So, yeah... not sure what the deal is. He doesn't need to butter up the rest of the conference anymore, just answer the question presented. If he doesn't know the answer, then don't do the interview. I like Josh, but I agree the in-game and post-game interviews where he says the same thing over and over is definitely getting tiresome.

CJP getting ripped this morning - tigergg - 02-21-2014 09:20 AM

(02-21-2014 09:16 AM)transitt Wrote:  That is a weakness that Josh needs to work on. Quit sounding like a cliche robot in interviews.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I agree!!

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - Tigers2B1 - 02-21-2014 09:23 AM

(02-21-2014 09:18 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  This same old complaint again? Can't you guys come up with something new to complain about?

Well now that poor ole Frank is gone I guess the old rehash of the complaint that Pastner rehashes old phrases is easy.

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - Downtown Tiger - 02-21-2014 09:25 AM

All of these in game interviews are stupid IMO. I love it when the Spurs coach basically gives the reporter the cold shoulder.

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - TiminMem23 - 02-21-2014 09:25 AM

It reminds me of that prank call YouTube clip someone found from Pastner's Arizona days. At one point, Mike Bibby chimes in and asks: "Josh, what's wrong with you?"

Jon Rothstein seems like a good reporter, but even he had this look like "I'm talking to a cartoon."

CJP getting ripped this morning - tigergg - 02-21-2014 09:27 AM

I think the best thing he could do is to quit talking about the other team and coach and just talk about what's going on with his team..He is a great guy but he doesn't have to praise every team we play, and an easy way to do that is to just talk about his own team..

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - TiminMem23 - 02-21-2014 09:28 AM

(02-21-2014 09:25 AM)Downtown Tiger Wrote:  All of these in game interviews are stupid IMO. I love it when the Spurs coach basically gives the reporter the cold shoulder.

I'm OK with the way Pop handles the interviews. He messes with the reporters, but he doesn't lie. He likes to give short answers.

"Coach, what was wrong with the defense in the first half?"

"It wasn't good."

"Care to elaborate?"

"Yes."

"Back to the studio."

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - Memphis Blazer - 02-21-2014 09:30 AM

Doesn't most coaches say the same things over and over. Good ones do it in a way you don't realize they are doing it. It is a skill that Pastner will hone.

CJP getting ripped this morning - tigergg - 02-21-2014 09:31 AM

Eventually the reporters will quit interviewing him which might be what he wants, who knows!!

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - Mimi - 02-21-2014 09:32 AM

Who cares?

Since Memphis only WON by 5 will folks bring back how much they dislike Pastner's hair?

CJP getting ripped this morning - lenetzach - 02-21-2014 09:33 AM

Enjoy the ride

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - TigerBill - 02-21-2014 09:33 AM

(02-21-2014 09:18 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  This same old complaint again? Can't you guys come up with something new to complain about?

We won, there's not a lot to work with.

RE: CJP getting ripped this morning - Gray Avenger - 02-21-2014 09:33 AM

Anybody else ever notice that "Peter E." spends 90% of his time talking about nothing but the Grizzlies? He rarely mentions Memphis except to take shots. Personally, I place more importance upon recruiting and coaching than the ability to avoid repititious answers. I wonder if he understands that remaining in the Top 25 (out of over 350 Division 1 programs = top 7%) all season and being one of the very few basketball programs in the nation without a single loss to a team below the Top 50, is worthy of praise. "Peter E.'s" radio show sucks Grizzly wind - I never waste my time listening to him.