CSNbbs
We are 19-6 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: "Big Dave" Memorial Smack Forum (/forum-500.html)
+------ Thread: We are 19-6 (/thread-677373.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

We are 19-6 - Geotag - 02-15-2014 09:27 PM

I say this is a very good record so far. I didn't expect to be sitting in 5th. 3rd spot is still within reach. This team is coming together at the right time. We are about to make some noise in March.

We are 19-6 - holysheetman - 02-15-2014 09:29 PM

Agreed, theres potential for us to do some dmg in March.

RE: We are 19-6 - paramedicrntiger - 02-15-2014 09:31 PM

I don't think we lose again in the regular season.

RE: We are 19-6 - carrollcountypig - 02-16-2014 12:06 PM

(02-15-2014 09:31 PM)paramedicrntiger Wrote:  I don't think we lose again in the regular season.

I like your positive attitude but I can see us losing 2 or 3 more.

RE: We are 19-6 - presskh - 02-16-2014 02:02 PM

(02-16-2014 12:06 PM)carrollcountypig Wrote:  
(02-15-2014 09:31 PM)paramedicrntiger Wrote:  I don't think we lose again in the regular season.

I like your positive attitude but I can see us losing 2 or 3 more.

Agree. The positives I see are that we were in the game until the very end, with a good chance to win. Against equally good teams, like UCONN, that is all you can really ask for. I was pleasantly surprised that we came out on a national stage and played toe to toe with another good team, rather than looking like a deer in headlights. Playing in a better conference has helped develop and mature this team, although it does mean absorbing more losses.

RE: We are 19-6 - howboutthemtigers - 02-16-2014 05:33 PM

I said pre-season that we would finish 25-11 and 4th in the AAC. In the old C-USA, that would be unacceptable. However in our new conference, it's respectable and looks about like where we will be.

RE: We are 19-6 - Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas - 02-17-2014 01:31 AM

(02-16-2014 05:33 PM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  I said pre-season that we would finish 25-11 and 4th in the AAC. In the old C-USA, that would be unacceptable. However in our new conference, it's respectable and looks about like where we will be.

11 losses?

Not gonna happen imo.

That would be a pretty serious collapse.

RE: We are 19-6 - FORealTigerFan - 02-17-2014 02:20 AM

We can play with anyone.

I ain't scared of anyone come March.

RE: We are 19-6 - Stammers - 02-17-2014 02:42 AM

(02-16-2014 05:33 PM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  I said pre-season that we would finish 25-11 and 4th in the AAC. In the old C-USA, that would be unacceptable. However in our new conference, it's respectable and looks about like where we will be.

So you complain about everything...the team having no identity, having no backbone, not being able to do anything right; you want to hire Bruce Pearl...and you think that we will lose to SMU, Louisville, Cincy AND one out of Houston, Temple, and Rutgers, AND this is all of a sudden acceptable?

Or

You're a troll.

RE: We are 19-6 - I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS - 02-17-2014 02:46 AM

(02-16-2014 02:02 PM)presskh Wrote:  I was pleasantly surprised that we came out on a national stage and played toe to toe with another good team, rather than looking like a deer in headlights.

Why were you surprised we beat UCONN?

RE: We are 19-6 - howboutthemtigers - 02-17-2014 06:37 AM

(02-17-2014 02:42 AM)Stammers Wrote:  

So you complain about everything...the team having no identity, having no backbone, not being able to do anything right; you want to hire Bruce Pearl...and you think that we will lose to SMU, Louisville, Cincy AND one out of Houston, Temple, and Rutgers, AND this is all of a sudden acceptable?

Or

You're a troll.
Moron,

I never said I wanted to hire Bruce Pearl. And, yes, I believe this team lacks identity. Don't know if you do math up in Canada so follow closely: we currently have 6 losses. I think we lose to SMU, Cincy, Louisville, once in the conference tourney, and in the NCAA. That equals 11 losses. I don't think we lose to Houston , Temple, or Rutgers. Stop putting words in my mouth , moron.

RE: We are 19-6 - howboutthemtigers - 02-17-2014 06:38 AM

(02-17-2014 06:37 AM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  

Or

You're a troll.
Moron,

I never said I wanted to hire Bruce Pearl. And, yes, I believe this team lacks identity. Don't know if you do math up in Canada so follow closely: we currently have 6 losses. I think we lose to SMU, Cincy, Louisville, once in the conference tourney, and in the NCAA. That equals 11 losses. I don't think we lose to Houston , Temple, or Rutgers. Stop putting words in my mouth , moron.

ps...your mother's a troll.

RE: We are 19-6 - howboutthemtigers - 02-17-2014 06:45 AM

(02-17-2014 01:31 AM)Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Wrote:  

11 losses?

Not gonna happen imo.

We already have 6. I figure 3 more in the regular season, 1 in the conference tourney, and one in the NCAA tourney. If you consider that a collapse, let's revisit this at the end of the season. If I'm not mistaken, you are one of the people that scoffed at my preseason prediction and said something along the lines of "Lol at 11 losses. Maybe 4 at the most. And we will win the AAC." If you were not one of those, I apologize. But they were numerous. What do YOU think our final record will be?

RE: We are 19-6 - Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas - 02-17-2014 09:05 AM

(02-17-2014 06:45 AM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  

11 losses?

Not gonna happen imo.

We already have 6. I figure 3 more in the regular season, 1 in the conference tourney, and one in the NCAA tourney. If you consider that a collapse, let's revisit this at the end of the season. If I'm not mistaken, you are one of the people that scoffed at my preseason prediction and said something along the lines of "Lol at 11 losses. Maybe 4 at the most. And we will win the AAC." If you were not one of those, I apologize. But they were numerous. What do YOU think our final record will be?

Slow your roll, bro. I never said we would win anything. I have said we have a great chance at winning the conf tourney because its here. But I've never claimed we would win the conf regular season.

AND YES, I would see 11 losses as a collapse.

I see 9 losses now. That's about 1 more than I felt going in. The conf has turned out to be even tougher than I expected thanks to Cincy and SMU's impressive homecourt record.

Other than that, the season has gone much like I though it would overall.

Some really good wins, a few bad spankings by strong teams.

I think 2 more losses in the regular season, we take the conf tourney, and then we lose in the second weekend of the NCAA after a good showing.

RE: We are 19-6 - MemphisCanes - 02-17-2014 09:14 AM

Realistically, if we were still in the old C-USA (No AAC, which means SMU doesn't hire Brown, stays terrible) and playing our exact OOC schedule from this season, we'd be 23-2 right now and we'd be without a loss since December 17th.

We'd be ranked in the top 10 right now, and probably looking at a 2 seed. (Just look at Wichita State)

Now, in real life, we've got 4 conference losses and are probably a 6 seed right now.

In both instances, we're the same exact team. One gets a high seed come March, one is battle tested by playing 8 top 25(ish) caliber teams in conference play.

Does the C-USA move hurt us or help us this season? We'll see in March.

RE: We are 19-6 - MemphisCanes - 02-17-2014 09:16 AM

(02-17-2014 09:05 AM)Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Wrote:  Slow your roll, bro. I never said we would win anything. I have said we have a great chance at winning the conf tourney because its here. But I've never claimed we would win the conf regular season.

I see 9 losses now. That's about 1 more than I felt going in. The conf has turned out to be even tougher than I expected thanks to Cincy and SMU's impressive homecourt record.

I think 2 more losses in the regular season, we take the conf tourney, and then we lose in the second weekend of the NCAA after a good showing.

I wouldn't be so scared of SMU away from their home gym. They lost to Temple last night.

RE: We are 19-6 - Joe1 - 02-17-2014 09:19 AM

(02-17-2014 06:38 AM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  

Or

You're a troll.
Moron,

I see your having fun (not really) with The Profeesor from Canada. He is such a delight to deal with.

RE: We are 19-6 - MemphisCanes - 02-17-2014 09:20 AM

What's all this talk about losing to SMU? Who really thinks that's going to happen on our home floor?

RE: We are 19-6 - howboutthemtigers - 02-17-2014 09:25 AM

(02-17-2014 09:05 AM)Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Wrote:  
(02-17-2014 06:45 AM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  

11 losses?

Not gonna happen imo.

Slow your roll, bro. I never said we would win anything. I have said we have a great chance at winning the conf tourney because its here. But I've never claimed we would win the conf regular season.

Sounds plausible. Second weekend would be good for us.

RE: We are 19-6 - howboutthemtigers - 02-17-2014 09:26 AM

(02-17-2014 09:19 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(02-17-2014 06:38 AM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  

Or

You're a troll.
Moron,

I see your having fun (not really) with The Profeesor from Canada. He is such a delight to deal with.
What's wrong with that guy?