CSNbbs
ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule (/thread-675981.html)

Pages: 1 2

ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Tiki Owl - 02-07-2014 12:14 PM

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/02/espn-networks-air-regular-season-college-baseball-games-ever/

Basically SEC, Big 12, and ACC. Hell even HBU is on twice at KU. I can understand the Pac 12's absence if the Pac 12 network controls the rights but no CUSA (and no AAC either)?

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - mrbig - 02-07-2014 12:26 PM

I'm surprised you are surprised ... this is ESPN after all and we are CUSA after all...

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - d1owls4life - 02-07-2014 12:30 PM

Yeah, not sure why we would be on ESPN. The only deal we have with them is the C-USA football title game. Kind of amazing a game from one of their covered conferences against a C-USA team didn't get covered. But, I don't know why they would feel obligated to cover us.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Jonathan Yardley - 02-07-2014 12:36 PM

(02-07-2014 12:14 PM)Tiki Owl Wrote:  http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/02/espn-networks-air-regular-season-college-baseball-games-ever/

Basically SEC, Big 12, and ACC. Hell even HBU is on twice at KU. I can understand the Pac 12's absence if the Pac 12 network controls the rights but no CUSA (and no AAC either)?

To help explain a little bit, the vast majority of games that are on ESPN3 are not produced by ESPN but by the schools. That's why you see St. John's, Kansas, and NC State on for almost every home game. They produce the broadcast (takes a serious monetary investment to produce games at a high enough level), and ESPN airs it online. The ACC has a similar deal in which the ACC Network produces the games and ESPN airs it online. (I am hoping to be on the call for a number of St. John's games this spring, having recently relocated to New York, which is one reason I keep track of this stuff.)

So ESPN's schedule mostly consists of the SEC, the ACC, and whatever schools produce broadcasts for ESPN3. With a few ESPNU offerings mixed in. Can't speak to how those games are chosen.

Hope that helps. Breadth of coverage continues to improve, but never fast enough to satisfy college baseball fans!

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Tiki Owl - 02-07-2014 12:53 PM

Still says something about the failure of CUSA leadership.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Antarius - 02-07-2014 01:09 PM

(02-07-2014 12:53 PM)Tiki Owl Wrote:  Still says something about the failure of CUSA leadership.

Nothing new here either.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - JOwl - 02-07-2014 02:02 PM

I've always wondered why ESPN never put a marketing push behind college baseball. They could unilaterally decide that college baseball was a major sport, and with their airtime, viewership, and marketing capabilities the fans would show up - and quickly.

It seems like it could be a real money-maker for them: lock in the major conferences and the CWS to long (long long) term contracts at current rates, and then just rake in the money once people start watching.

It's always struck me as odd that they already have the CWS (and supers) yet have made zero effort to grow college baseball. Heck, if you go their website, college baseball is buried along with other college sports like softball, lacrosse, etc -- and lacrosse is (at least currently) the only sport that gets a header link on that page.

The only thing I can think of is that MLB demands them not to grow college baseball. MLB probably sees college mainly as competition for talent and for viewership in the overlapping portion of the seasons.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - OldOwl - 02-07-2014 05:44 PM

I actually like Fox Sports better than ESPN. Is there any college baseball games on Fox Sports?

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - BeliefBlazer - 02-07-2014 06:15 PM

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/c-usa-m-basebl-sched.html I don't see any games listed on TV for C-USA.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - texd - 02-08-2014 05:03 PM

(02-07-2014 12:30 PM)d1owls4life Wrote:  Yeah, not sure why we would be on ESPN.

Except for our games vs Texas and Texas A&M. Of course Texas (at least in Austin) will be on LHN.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - 75src - 02-10-2014 01:33 AM

If a tree falls and no one is around to see it, did it fall? If something is on LHN, it is really on television?

(02-08-2014 05:03 PM)texd Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 12:30 PM)d1owls4life Wrote:  Yeah, not sure why we would be on ESPN.

Except for our games vs Texas and Texas A&M. Of course Texas (at least in Austin) will be on LHN.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Fort Bend Owl - 02-12-2014 07:13 AM

Pardon Moi is this is a repeat post, but it appears the first Rice-Stanford game will now be replayed on the Pac-12 Network Friday night at 12:30 am (might be an east coast timezone there in the listings I saw). I don't believe games 2 or 3 of the series are on that network, and unfortunately they're showing a different baseball game live during the day probably when the game is actually being played.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Tomball Owl - 02-12-2014 10:55 AM

(02-12-2014 07:13 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Pardon Moi is this is a repeat post, but it appears the first Rice-Stanford game will now be replayed on the Pac-12 Network Friday night at 12:30 am (might be an east coast timezone there in the listings I saw). I don't believe games 2 or 3 of the series are on that network, and unfortunately they're showing a different baseball game live during the day probably when the game is actually being played.

My DISH programming guide shows the replay at 2:30 am CST on channel 413 (HD), 412 (SD).

Hello DVR!

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Orange County Owl - 02-12-2014 12:02 PM

The Pac 12 Network has several separate regional feeds/channels, including one for the Bay Area. Friday's game will be on live on the Bay Area feed (but not the main feed).

In addition - and more importantly - each network's feed is available live through their iPad app (which you should be able to access if you have TV access to the main network). To go a step further - you can then stream this to your TV if you have an Apple TV (Airplay) - the HD picture quality through process has been incredible.

Ton of detail there ... but if you have access to the Pac 12 Network, check out the iPad app. You can probably watch the game live.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Tiki Owl - 02-12-2014 05:00 PM

(02-12-2014 12:02 PM)Orange County Owl Wrote:  The Pac 12 Network has several separate regional feeds/channels, including one for the Bay Area. Friday's game will be on live on the Bay Area feed (but not the main feed).

In addition - and more importantly - each network's feed is available live through their iPad app (which you should be able to access if you have TV access to the main network). To go a step further - you can then stream this to your TV if you have an Apple TV (Airplay) - the HD picture quality through process has been incredible.

Ton of detail there ... but if you have access to the Pac 12 Network, check out the iPad app. You can probably watch the game live.

If you really want to be helpful gives us your login ID/PSSD so I can connect my IPad.03-lmfao

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - grol - 02-12-2014 05:53 PM

Yeah! Me too...

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Orange County Owl - 02-12-2014 10:01 PM

Come on, guys ... don't you know how disappointed Mrs. OC Owl would be if we didn't spend Valentine's Day evening watching a college baseball game streaming through an iPad?

03-shhhh

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Tomball Owl - 02-13-2014 12:33 AM

Now I can't find the game anywhere on my local Dish service.

If I understood half of what OCO said I might have a chance to see the game. Otherwise, it will be internet radio and game tracker.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - Orange County Owl - 02-13-2014 12:41 AM

(02-13-2014 12:33 AM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  Now I can't find the game anywhere on my local Dish service.

If I understood half of what OCO said I might have a chance to see the game. Otherwise, it will be internet radio and game tracker.

The Mrs. has always said that clarity is not my strong suit.

Quick test ... download the Pac 12 Network iPad app and see if you can log in with your Dish Network ID and password. If you can, you're set. If not - not so much.

Feel free to PM me - I can be much more confusing on request.

RE: ESPN's Joke of a Baseball Schedule - texowl2 - 02-13-2014 07:40 AM

(02-07-2014 01:09 PM)Antarius Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 12:53 PM)Tiki Owl Wrote:  Still says something about the failure of CUSA leadership.

Nothing new here either.

Like the fact there was no program for the championship game. Why be a leader of a shamble?