CSNbbs
Suprised no one has posted this - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Suprised no one has posted this (/thread-674695.html)

Suprised no one has posted this - Fitbud - 01-30-2014 02:29 PM

WASHINGTON -- A reporter who was physically threatened by a member of Congress while conducting an interview after Tuesday night's State of the Union address says he has no plans to press charges.
Michael Scotto, a reporter for the NY1 channel, was interviewing Rep. Michael Grimm, a Republican who represents Staten Island and other parts of New York City. After asking about Grimm’s reactions to President Obama’s speech, he tried to ask the second-term congressman about allegations of campaign-finance violations involving his election in 2010.
Grimm refused to answer, walked away, and then, as the camera continued to record the scene, returned to confront the reporter.
Also
State of the Union 2014
Photos: State of the Union 2014

"If you ever do that to me again, I'll throw you off this ... balcony," Grimm can be heard saying, as he stood next to a railing. After a back-and-forth, Grimm added: "You're not man enough. I'll break you in half. Like a boy."
Videotape of the incident went viral Tuesday night.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politicsnow/la-pn-michael-grimm-reporter-confrontation-20140129,0,6507061.story#ixzz2rub8sQ2I

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - DaSaintFan - 01-30-2014 02:31 PM

http://csnbbs.com/thread-674518.html

missed one? :)

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - HeartOfDixie - 01-30-2014 02:32 PM

What charges?

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - UM2001GRAD - 01-30-2014 02:32 PM

The guy's approval rating probably went up 10 points. Crazy sells big with the current GOP voters.

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - Fitbud - 01-30-2014 02:33 PM

My bad someone did post this already.

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - QuestionSocratic - 01-30-2014 02:37 PM

(01-30-2014 02:32 PM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  The guy's approval rating probably went up 10 points. Crazy sells big with the current GOP voters.

If his rating went up 10%, that would appear to indicate he picked up support from people who hadn't voted for him in the past. Thanks independents for switching to the GOP line. We welcome you.

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - Hambone10 - 01-30-2014 03:06 PM

(01-30-2014 02:37 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  
(01-30-2014 02:32 PM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  The guy's approval rating probably went up 10 points. Crazy sells big with the current GOP voters.

If his rating went up 10%, that would appear to indicate he picked up support from people who hadn't voted for him in the past. Thanks independents for switching to the GOP line. We welcome you.

Excellent point.

Actually I was pretty embarrassed by the guy (as a professional man, not politically) and thought what an arrogant jerk the guy was... especially with the questioning the guy's manhood... I mean, sure... that wasn't the appropriate forum for the reporters question, but he should have been professional enough to say something like... that's a legal issue about me and my constituents and not about the state of the union... so we're not going to mix the two... or whatever, rather than to act like the school yard bully...

and then I see where he represents Staten Island... and that sort of macho shtick probably DOES sell pretty well there.

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - VA49er - 01-30-2014 03:13 PM

(01-30-2014 03:06 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

Excellent point.

Actually I was pretty embarrassed by the guy (as a professional man, not politically) and thought what an arrogant jerk the guy was... especially with the questioning the guy's manhood... I mean, sure... that wasn't the appropriate forum for the reporters question, but he should have been professional enough to say something like... that's a legal issue about me and my constituents and not about the state of the union... so we're not going to mix the two... or whatever, rather than to act like the school yard bully...

and then I see where he represents Staten Island... and that sort of macho shtick probably DOES sell pretty well there.

That rep was an a$$hole.

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - GrayBeard - 01-30-2014 03:20 PM

No way that quote is accurate.

(01-30-2014 02:29 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  "If you ever do that to me again, I'll throw you off this ... balcony," Grimm can be heard saying, as he stood next to a railing. After a back-and-forth, Grimm added: "You're not man enough. I'll break you in half. Like a boy."

It was probably more like..."If use eva do thats to me again, I'll trow you from this balcony. Use not man enough. I'llz break use in half. Like a boy."

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - LSU04_08 - 01-30-2014 03:38 PM

(01-30-2014 03:20 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  No way that quote is accurate.

(01-30-2014 02:29 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  "If you ever do that to me again, I'll throw you off this ... balcony," Grimm can be heard saying, as he stood next to a railing. After a back-and-forth, Grimm added: "You're not man enough. I'll break you in half. Like a boy."

It was probably more like..."If use eva do thats to me again, I'll trow you from this balcony. Use not man enough. I'llz break use in half. Like a boy."

Lmao! Imagine what he'd have said if he were from Bwoston...

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - LSU04_08 - 01-30-2014 03:46 PM

(01-30-2014 03:06 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

Excellent point.

Macho shtick... LULZ! It sounded like he was twalking to a liberal the way that reporter backed off real quick... It was probably UMGRAD... I can see where that scrawny turd looks like that by the way he talks so big.

RE: Suprised no one has posted this - LSU04_08 - 01-30-2014 03:48 PM

Perhaps you shouldn't try to report government figures that aren't dems.