CSNbbs
College Basketball Scheduling - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: College Basketball Scheduling (/thread-674287.html)

College Basketball Scheduling - BeerCat - 01-27-2014 07:44 PM

So I'm sitting here watching Pitt vs Duke and I know this is a conference game, but I'm wondering why the hell this matchup could not have happened before they were conference mates.

I know the NCAA will never do anything that doesn't lead to more $$$ for universities but wouldn't it be awesome if they somehow made it mandatory to schedule on campus matchups like this.

Maybe they could somehow attach it to an NCAA tourney invite. Something like the top 10 seeds in each region will have to schedule a home and home with one of the other 39 teams (10 seeds or better) with those games to be played at the teams respective home gym, not a neutral site, not an 80,000 seat arena, not a foreign country or an freaking aircraft carrier. At most this would only control two games a year for perennial tournament teams.

Just a thought.

RE: College Basketball Scheduling - bearcatlawjd - 01-27-2014 07:59 PM

(01-27-2014 07:44 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  So I'm sitting here watching Pitt vs Duke and I know this is a conference game, but I'm wondering why the hell this matchup could not have happened before they were conference mates.

I know the NCAA will never do anything that doesn't lead to more $$$ for universities but wouldn't it be awesome if they somehow made it mandatory to schedule on campus matchups like this.

Maybe they could somehow attach it to an NCAA tourney invite. Something like the top 10 seeds in each region will have to schedule a home and home with one of the other 39 teams (10 seeds or better) with those games to be played at the teams respective home gym, not a neutral site, not an 80,000 seat arena, not a foreign country or an freaking aircraft carrier. At most this would only control two games a year for perennial tournament teams.

Just a thought.

I want better non-conference games too but the NCAA doesn't have the power or the will to make scheduling these games mandatory.